BREAKING NEWS: Michael Vick signs with Eagles

yeah i agree. whats the difference between a dog and a deer? people go hunting and kill deer all the time. if anything shooting a deer in leg and watching it hobble away is just as bad as fighting dogs.

vick should have been in jail, i am not upset about that, but it is flat out stupid for anyone to say that he deserved more time or that he got off easy

No, just no.

When people shoot a deer, the intent is to kill it, so they can eat it, which is 100% LEGAL.

Watching dogs that have no choice except to maul each other is not the same as shooting a deer.

There's a use for killing animals for food, but there's no good use for watching animals suffer by attacking each other when they have no choice at all.

And, I don't necessarily think that Michael Vick got off easy, it's just that other people that commit hanus crimes get off easier sometimes.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just no.

When people shoot a deer, the intent is to kill it, so they can eat it, which is 100% LEGAL.

Watching dogs that have no choice except to maul each other is not the same as shooting a deer.

There's a use for killing animals for food, but there's no good use for watching animals suffer by attacking each other when they have no choice at all.

And, I don't necessarily think that Michael Vick got off easy, it's just that other people that commit hanus crimes get off easier sometimes.

Haha....for the first time in a few weeks I agree 100%.

I despise what Michael Vick did, and as a dog owner myself I hate the fact that he is on the team. But as a football fan and an Eagles fan I am willing to forget about all that for 3 hours every Sunday and see what he can do.

There are people who kill dear just to chop their head off and put it on their wall. There not eating it and the dear doesn't have the choice of whether to die or not.

Those people are sick too.

And that's why you need to read up on his case. Vick never killed one dog.

He actually killed 6-8 dogs himself. Read up on the case before you talk.

And, even if you don't believe me, he financed it either way. If I pay someone to kill your whole family, that means I should walk the street, right?

He actually killed 6-8 dogs himself. Read up on the case before you talk.

And, even if you don't believe me, he financed it either way. If I pay someone to kill your whole family, that means I should walk the street, right?

Part of the reason he did little time was because he never killed one dog. Even the guys who testified against him admitted that.

I seriously cannot believe people are comparing a dog to a human life...unbelievable.

^ you always have the most insane examples that are not even close to the actual situation.

and from a few posts ago to ECN (didnt feel like quoting). i agree about the deer. i tried to use it as an example but it didnt really work out. what i meant though was that it is bad, but it is really not as incredibly serious as some people make it out to be. he deserves this second chance 100%

I don't condone dog fighting or animal cruelty either for the record.. I just don't think it warrants 2 years of jail time. If this were any other person not named Mike Vick they would've done much less time if any.

I don't condone dog fighting or animal cruelty either for the record.. I just don't think it warrants 2 years of jail time. If this were any other person not named Mike Vick they would've done much less time if any.

Go kill some dogs then. If you are in the exact same situation as Michael Vick, you should be posting tomorrow, no?

Go kill some dogs then. If you are in the exact same situation as Michael Vick, you should be posting tomorrow, no?

uhh...did you not read where I said I don't condone dog fighting or animal cruelty?

He ran, financed, and participated in the dog fighting operation — that's some serious felony sh-t. He would've served time regardless of his name.

I hope he can revive his career, but he most certainly deserved what he got.

that is true. nothing is probably gonna happen to just someone who fights dogs, but he was running it himself. that is why it was 2 years instead of way less

Apparently because killing dogs is the same as killing a person. Who knew?

There's alot more [expletive] humans than dogs. Humans messed up the world far more than Dogs did, Humans started more wars than dogs did, Humans kill more humans than dogs do. Need I go on? Killing them in the manner of which he did whether he did it first hand or through his fighting ring is wrong no matter which way you try to sugarcoat it.

Killing is killing regardless of what your killing it just so happens killing a defenceless animal is disgusting and he got what he deserves. I like Vick always did, I like his abilities now but don't have any respect for what he did.

I cannot believe what this argument has turned into.

Michael Vick did absolutely despicable things...things that words cannot even describe. Is that even really up for argument? What is the point to comparing it to other sick demented things? He went to jail and got what he deserved. Hopefully it changed him. He says it has, and hopefully that is the truth. Does not change the [expletive]ed up things he has done. I will not support him as a human being until he can genuinely prove that he is changed, but I will support him as a football player.