BREAKING NEWS: Michael Vick signs with Eagles

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that Kevin Kolb pick was a waste now. :lol: .

Donavan McNabb never should have re-signed after Andy Reid and the organization disrespected him last year in Baltimore.

no, it doesnt. it does show a little less about kolb, but it doesnt mean that he is a total waste

he shouldnt have resigned because he and the team was doing bad so the team benched him? that is just flat out stupid. he has been here for a long time and is isnt gonna ditch the team because of one game. flat out stupid and immature if mcnabb did that. but there is a reason why he didnt

A potentially dynamic playmaker to a potentially explosive offense. I like the signing. It gives them a bit of insurance at QB—although he hasn't taken a snap in two years and he's suspended for the first six weeks—and I'm assuming he'll be perpetually playing with a chip on his shoulder... that type of determination is healthy.

I look forward to seeing how Reid utilizes him in those gadget plays.

Dawkins is old, and he has lost a few steps. Only thing that hurt us when we didn't re-sign him was from a locker room standpoint.

You bring in a dynamic player like Vick and the Eagles' offense just gets THAT much better.

ray didinger (sp?) was just talking about it and i agree with him. vick's style of play is not close to the eagles style of play. if they wanted him as a backup QB then they would have signed someone else. they are gonna use him all over the field. we already know how good the eagles are with that from how they handle westbrook. kolb will probably still be the second string QB unless vick does great.

its a good low risk, potentially high reward signing. i like it. if he doesnt perform then he is gone after the season

Haha....me and Diesel were at the game. When this went down literally everybody got texts at exactly the same time and everybody thought it was a practical joke. It was kinda funny to see. The dude next to me told me it was legit but I still called bull[expletive], so I looked at ESPN on my phone to find out it was true.

Also, I forget who said earlier that the Eagles fans will let him have it (I think ECN). I was actually hoping that they would post some sort of announcement at the game just so I could see the fan response. Of course they didn't, but there was one guy with a Vick Falcons jersey and when he made his presence known, everyone gave him a standing ovation.

Also, on some Eagles radio talk show some guy called in and made a good point. He said that it seems like most female Eagles fans are appalled and most male Eagles fans are just thinking about how he fits into the playbook. So true haha.