KIR Answers Archive

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confidence:

1. What are your thoughts on Haynesworth? And what kind of value are looking to get for him if he is indeed traded?

When motivated, Haynesworth is probably the second best DT in the league behind Ngata. He is that good. He showed it to us in the Chicago game, and he showed glimpses of it last season. If I were the Redskins, and I absolutely must trade him, I'm looking for a second or third rounder.

2. Is Clinton Portis washed up?

No way. People don't realize how valuable he is to the Skins. It's no coincidence that ever since he went down, McNabb has been under more pressure, and has played more carelessly. We need his presence in the backfield. Yeah he doesn't have that burst of speed anymore, but he knows how to block and break tackles on the run. Torain and Williams bring a different dimension to this run game, but they are average when it comes to blocking. With the way our offensive line has been playing, we need Portis now more than ever.

3. What kind of production will John Wall put up this season? And will he win ROY?

I'm expecting around 16-18PPG, 9APG, 3RPG, and 2SPG. Probably the leader in steals or very close to it. His PPG will either be very high or around my numbers, but we haven't seen how he plays with Gil. If our backcourt is able to coexist, I wouldn't be surprised to see John average 10+ assists. As for ROY, I'm still favoring Blake Griffin simply because I don't know if Wall and Arenas will work out.

4. How did you come up with your display name?

I started off here with Eastcoast Assassin, but thought it was too long. I wanted to choose a unique name, but this was the best I could do.

5. How many games do the Wizards win this season, realistically?

I'm predicting 35, but like I said before, if Arenas and Wall coexist, they can form one of the best backcourts in the league, which could be enough to win us 40+ games.

6. How do you feel about the Skins new 3-4 defense? Is it limiting production from guys like Orakpo and Haynesworth?

No way, if anything, Orakpo is benefiting from it the most (aside from Landry, who has became the Troy Polamalu of this team). He's able to play as a linebacker, stay in coverage, or plays on the line and generates pressure on the QB through Haslett's blitz schemes. The one thing I like about this defense is that while we're giving up a ton of yards (at one point we were on track to giving up the most yards in a season), we've been great in the redzone. We're one of the best in the league (if not the best) at producing turnovers, and our corners are definitely more opportunistic now and seem to be more comfortable. If Haynesworth had a better attitude from the start, he would be on track to having a pro bowl year, but unfortunately God never gave him a brain..

7. Lakers will beat the ___ in the finals, in ___ games.

http://oi26.tinypic.com/9ql1k9.jpg

8. The Miami Heat, should we buy the hype?

Of course we should. They completely dismantled the Magic, and were a few points way from beating the Celtics despite playing possibly they're worst game of the season (I honestly doubt we see them play any worse as the season progresses).

9. If you were owner for one day, what change(s) would you make to OTR?

Expand the NFL Section.

10. What college are you attending or plan on attending in the near future?

I'm a senior in high school. So far I've applied to University of Maryland College Park, Johns Hopkins, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Virginia Tech, a scholars program at my local CC that guarantees me admission into any school I want after 2 years, and Penn State. My top option is definitely College Park, but I'm considering taking 2 years at my local CC just to get rid of my core classes.

ChosenOne:

1. Hows your day been so far?

Aside from taking a test in Euro History which I absolutely was not prepared for, I'd say it's been going well.

2. OTR>>Any other site?

:rock:

3. Vincent Jackson for Haynesworth and a second rounder?

No way in hell. Not with the promise Haynesworth has been showing me as of late, I wouldn't even trade him straight up for VJax.

4. McNabb make the Probowl?

Jamarcus Russell has a better chance of losing weight than McNabb has of making the Pro Bowl...besides, he's not eligible to play, he'll be playing the following week in Dallas for the Super Bowl.

5. Wall ROTY?

Already answered that.

6. If you could shoot someone in the face and not get in trouble who would it be and why?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kDA5dGX2-9c/SvOh2Sk20EI/AAAAAAAAANc/6S_4rGYRWXk/s400/lebron+cying.jpg

7. #1 thing on your bucket list?

Graduate from the [expletive] hole known as high school.

8. Favorite food?

Chicken

9. Asian or Mexican? (chick)

Asian

10. Favorite song right now?

Memory Lane- Nas

Waldo:

1) Congratulations on becoming a referee?

Thanks?

2) You deserve it?

Just as much as the Wizards deserved to win the lottery over the Nets :yess:

3) Predict the Wizards record for the 2010-2011 season?

35-47

4) AboveLegit is a cool name?

Almost as cool as John Wall

5) I was going to ask you ten questions, but my mind is blank?

It always is? :winkglasses:

Smitty:

1. Do you miss Jason Campbell?

I missed his attitude and leadership, he never gave up nor did he cause any problems within the organization. But as a player, he was slightly better than average. He got beat up A LOT in his time in DC, he was never under an offense longer than 2 years, nor did he ever have a decent offensive line. He got a lot of blame for our poor record, because that's what happens to QB's. But even during the plays where he was protected, he never seemed to show much promise. He never developed the proper mechanics of a QB, he always seemed to rush his throws when he wasn't pressured, and he wasn't an accurate thrower.

2. Evan Turner's voice, or John Wall's jumpshot?

Definitely Wall's jumpshot, Turner just makes me feel uncomfortable.

3. Do you think McNabb leaves after this season?

Right now I have no idea. McNabb stated on the radio a few days ago that he was sure he would be a Redskin next year....take it for what its' worth.

But what better options are there for him? Unless Minnesota brings in a respectable head coach that fits McNabb's talents, I highly doubt he even considers that circus. Dallas still seems loyal to Romo. The Skins are his best fit. When he came to Washington in April, he knew what he was going to face in his first year here. Terrible O-line, average receivers, and a new system. Nothing was going to come easy. But there is a ton of optimism believe it or not. Shanahan knows what he's doing, and our front office is becoming more and more respectable. We're not jumping at free agents anymore like we used to, and we're committed to bringing a contender to DC. Kyle Shanahan's offense is capable of being one of the best in the league, he just doesn't have any options to work with outside of Moss/Cooley. McNabb has a lot under his belt, in a few years we will be legitimate contenders.

I think that he will take the high road and be a professional. Internally I am sure he is pissed, when he got benched in Philly half way through a game it did not sit well with him. I hope this will be a motivator as opposed to a demotivator and he responds post bye rested, healthy and ready to play the rest of the season regardless of what uniform he puts on next year.

4. F***, Marry, Kill: Eagles fans, Cowboys fans, Giants fans.

[expletive] Eagles fans, Kill Cowboys, Marry Giants fans.

I cannot stand Eagles fans for the most part. I love you Smitty, but I think every logical Philly fan knows how terrible their fanbase is. Cowboys are my most hated team, and Giants fans seem to be the most unbiased.

5. Have you ever been BelowLegit?

Not that I remember, no.

6. How bout just Legit?

Not good enough for me.

7. Who's weirder: Lady GaGa, or dabearfan?

Lady Gaga is just an attention whore, and based on dabearsfan's posts, I've come to the conclusion that he's just a whore. Seriously, did you see this thread?

8. Celebrity crush?

Sloan from Entourage.

9. Thoughts on Jrue Holiday?

Love him. I think he has the potential to be one of the best defensive PG's in the league. Great on ball defense and is extremely aggressive. He was giving John Wall a ton of problems in the first quarter. Eventually Wall used his speed to get his by defense, but you could see the type of defensive potential the kid has.

10. Waffles, pancakes, or french toast?

Waffles all day.

Real Deal:

1) How fun will it be moderating OTR during the season? Don't lie.

Loads of fun, I'm just oozing at the thought of reading every Lakers fan's bitter posts as they accept defeat at the hands of the Wizards in the Finals. I can see it now....Kobe who?

2) Worst player in Wizards history?

Kwame Brown by far.

3) In ten years, best player in Wizards history?

Right now, the greatest player in Wizards history is Elvin Hayes. He just lacked the consistency early in his career to win big. Some say it was due to his attitude and he always got a bad wrap for that. He was a no-nonsense guy that grew up in a rough time to be an African-American with that personality.

He played over 900 games and had a ridiculous amount of mileage due to the amount of minutes he played. He won a title at the back end of his career and did a damn good job of defending it in '79 while having one helluva postseason that unfortunately ended short of expectations.

With that being said, if all goes to plan, Wall will surpass him. He's probably going to be the better leader and the better teammate, and is less prone to choking when it matters the most (odds that Wall fouls out in two close out games is pretty low).

4) Who will have the bigger impact for their team this season, Donovan McNabb or John Wall?

I think it's safe to say John Wall. :dribble:

5) Who will contribute more, Josh Howard or Kirk Hinrich?

Probably Josh Howard simply because our SF position is extremely soft. We need his defensive presence, as good as Kirk is, he's not as tall and not capable of guarding the star small forwards in the league. When Gil comes back to full strength (it seems like I've said that a million times), we're going to see Hinrich become more of a defensive stopper and a spot up shooter rather than a facilitator when Wall is out.

6) Same question...Andray Blatche or Gilbert Arenas?

Dray. Every good team needs a good guard/big man tandem, we already know who the guard is... Blatche received his extension, it's time for him to live up to expectations and do whatever the coaching staff asks of him. There's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be posting up more.

7) Make one realistic trade that benefits your Wizards. No, the Heat would never consider Howard and McGee for Wade. ;)

Well nothing is realistic when it comes to trades for the Wizards because of Ted Leonsis' unwillingness to make trades. He wants to build through the draft. But I'll assume I'm the owner/GM...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=34lgek7

[expletive] Hollinger's analysis, I like this deal. Arenas goes to his best destination, if he can make it work anywhere, it's the Bobcats IMO. The Sixers have been wanting to shed salaries, this works. Wizards finally get a star forward. If any one comes out as the loser, it's the Pistons. I really didn't know what else to do. :(

Another trade I thought of:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cwefax

Minnesota fixes their logjam at the forward position.

8) Change your name to AboveLegitimate if the Wizards start the season 0-3?

Too late. :whistling:

9) Ranked 1-30, how high are the Lakers on your favorite teams list?

29, right in front of the Heat.

10) Who is #30 on that list?

HEAT!

deestillballin:

Would you trade Gilbert Arenas for your most hated player?

No way, Gil is still one of my favorite players ever, no matter what he has done, I just can't hate him. He rejuvenated this franchise, brought excitement to the entire fanbase, and was just a joy to watch.

How would you of reacted if LeBron took his talents to the States capital (not a LeBron Bash here)

Honestly, I have no idea. The thought of having a John Wall-LeBron James fastbreak is nice, but I just can't imagine myself rooting for him. I cannot stand him, his personality is terrible and he's so easy to hate.

John Wall vs Gilbert Arenas 1.3 seconds left on the clock, who takes the shot?

Gilbert Arenas without a doubt.

Why the Wizards?

Hometown team. I love every major DC team.

Mavs > Wizards right?

:rofl:

(Idea stole from Smitty) You wake up in a room, who would you rather have in your bed Lady Gaga or DaBearFan

I picture dabearsfan as Todd from Wedding Crashers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7zpOKPzan8

Yea....I probably don't want to experience that. I'll go with Lady Gaga, at least she's a girl...kinda.

Do you miss HWP?

Who doesn't? No one can replace the Notorious HWP.

STATCity:

1. Romo or McNugget?

McNugget doesn't fumble the snap on an extra point play, so I'll go with him.

2. Finish the line: Roses are red, violets are blue _______?

STD's are contagious, so watch who you screw!

3. Would you rather have Rose or Wall?

Definitely Wall, he's already ahead of him in many facets of the game, and really isn't too far behind in those that Rose leads him in.

4. How far are the Redskins going?

I predicted the Skins winning 8 games this year, and I'll stick with it. I don't think they'll make it to the playoffs with the way things are going.

5. Something we don't know about you?

I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack...

6. Favorite song?

Memory Lane- Nas

7. Play an instrument?

I used to play the trumpet, not anymore though.

8. Why you step down at RSZ?

Immaturity.

9. :rules: ?

You know it. :winkglasses:

10. Favorite member/least favorite member?

Favorite- htown11

Don't really have a least favorite member, I get along with everyone here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hawks Fly High

1. Did you cry when Lebron left? I didn't cry, but I did get teary-eyed for a moment and my feelings were in a place which I really don't want to feel again. Obviously, looking at the grand scheme of things, it isn't a big deal. But for that moment, oh boy, it was heart wrenching.

Guru

1. Would you respect Lebron more if he didn't leave the way he did? (The Decision) Yes. I would dislike him as much initially, but it would wear off. Now, whenever I see the Heat play, I don't have any feelings at first, but, then I think of that moment when he told us where he's going to be taking his talents too, and all of those bad feelings I felt come back and I remember what a poor choice he made and the manner in which he did it.

2. What is the craziest thing you saw someone do after Lebron left? Burn their jerseys. Every media outlet used that to make LeBron look like the victim.

3. Yes all of these questions will have to do with Lebron. Yes

4. Lebron>Kobe? No. I always defended him because he was on my team and thought he would win a ring and was on the right path. But if he has to go to Miami and play with Wade, someone who's probably a better player, then how can he be in the discussion with Kobe?

5. How big of a coward is Lebron on a scale of 1-10? 10,000. He went as low as one could.(The thank you note in the Akron Beacon Journal but not in the Cleveland Plain Dealer was the tip of the iceberg.)

6. If Lebron decided to come back to the Cavs later in his career would you welcome him back? Depends...who knows what can happen in the next seven years. Seriously.

7. Favorite spoof of Lebron? The MJ video posted on here a few days ago.

Check my Stats

1. Do you still have your LeBron jersey? Yes, I really don't feel like going to the extent of burning it...waste of time imo.

2. If the answer to 1 is no, then what did you do with it? N/A

3. If you never had an LBJ jersey, WHY? N/A

4. What are your plans when the city of Cleveland finally wins that championship? Whatever team that is, I'll make sure I'm at their celebration day in Cleveland and get all the fanfare I can. I'll be going to college next year, so I could miss that moment, and while it would hurt, it's still a title.

5. What would you do for a championship in Cleveland? It depends. I would never harm someone for incentive, but I would go to some lengths. Just as most diehard fans would.

Waldo

1) How would you say Byron Scott has done in coaching the team following the big hit to the city? I believe he has been fantastic since he's arrived. His positive attitude has changed the whole team. By opening night I already felt it was a new team and the direction was established. He has this team hustling and playing hard.

2) Got tickets for December 2? Where are your seats? Yes, 12th row behind Cavs.

3) Bringing a poster to that game? No, but at the game I'll probably make one. I think putting "Quitter" would be fitting because he quit on this franchise and this city.

4) Best Cavs game you've ever seen in person? As shamed as I am to say it, it was a game during the LeBron era. I only went to a few games when we were terrible and those were all atypical games. The Game 6 at home against the Pistons when Daniel Gibson went off easily is my favorite moment. Seeing Z jump into LeBron's arms (ironic, huh?) was simply a moment I'll never forget. When the security lined up around the court and the team stood at center court, all the players putting their Eastern Conference Champion hats on, the confetti falling, the smiles, and most importantly, the feeling that we finally found our savior (again, kinda sad looking back...)

5) What happened to the baseball spirit in Cleveland? The last decade, sans the playoff appearance in 2007, has been terrible. The laid back, unaggressive ownership killed the momentum we had after the 07' season. Baseball's lost it's passion in many cities also, such as Detroit, etc...We have Sizemore, Choo, Santana, Cabrera, and Carmona, but it's kind of sad to see our whole playoff team (Garko, Cliff, Lofton, CC, Victor, Shoppach, etc..) being released or traded. The fans lose players they can identify with or cheer for.

6) How do you expect Cavs fans to welcome back Big Z? I expect them to cheer. I, for one, will cheer for him when he comes out for the starting lineup. I know he will recieve a decent applause. Years from now, it will be even louder when he returns to have his number retired.

7) What would be your opinion of Bron had he signed with Miami in a quieter fashion and without making the basketball world wait a full week? I wouldn't think he was as serious about self-promotion that he truly is. He even made a commercial asking fans, "What should I do?"

8) Any Cavs you expect to be traded before this year's deadline? Depends on how the season plays out. I want us to make the playoffs, and if Gilbert senses he could use that trade exception to upgrade the team, he will certainly do so. I don't see anyone moving, unless it's a collapse and we tank, but I don't want to think about that this early in the season.

9) In what sport do you most want Cleveland to win a championship? Cavs because I've been most attached to them as you can tell. Now more than ever.

10) Out of these Cavs jerseys, which set is your favorite? Also, is the '03-'10 set no more? I liked the old blue and orange that Mark Price, Larry Nance, Craig Ehlo, and Brad Daugherty wore when we were an extremely good team that just couldn't break through during the playoffs. I don't mind the current ones as much as others.

Real Deal

1) Who is your least favorite player on the current Cavs roster? JJ Hickson. He's unaware too much of the time. He scored 31 one game this year but has been unproductive lately. I am not giving up on him yet. He's young, has shown great signs, and I believe he will get it together and become a solid player in this league.

2) Leaving out Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich, what current NBA coach would you want coaching this season's Cavaliers? Doc Rivers because he knows how to rally a team together to a central focus.

3) On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you that Colt McCoy is playing for your Browns? 8. His winning background is very assuring that he is the real deal. He's had some great games against top defenses. He's broken tackles and ran for touchdowns, tied the Jets game with a drive to end the fourth quarter, and even caught a ball thrown by Peyton Hillis when we played the Saints. And he hasn't even started more than five games yet.

4) What one position do the Cavaliers need to tend to immediately? Shooting guard. I like Boobie a lot, but if Manny Harris doesn't become the athletic two we need then we'll have to look for someone. Gibson is a clutch shooter but his height hurts him at the two.

5) In your opinion, name the two greatest Cleveland athletes you've seen live (on television). Josh Cribbs and Kenny Lofton. No one could run like Kenny Lofton around the bases. Cribbs' TD returns are mesmerizing.

6) All Cleveland, all sports...who would you say is Cleveland's newest face? Cribbs is the face now, but McCoy could emerge. Cleveland is a football city, and neither the Cavs nor Indians have a go to player. Cribbs' hustle and love for the city and fans is what makes him so beloved here.

7) Realistically, who could the Cavaliers beat in a playoff series out East? List the teams you wouldn't mind facing. Hawks, Heat, and Bulls. Hawks seem unfocused a lot and have gone to seven games in every series they have won with this group. The Bulls don't have much height, and like the Cavs, have solid players at the point guard and power forward position. Finally, if we faced the Heat, off pure emotion we could push them to the brink. We could lose by fifty in a game 7, but we could challenge them if we somehow wound up facing them.

8) What one West team would you like to see in the NBA Finals if the Heat win the ECF? Lakers. For Kobe Bryant to beat Wade and LeBron is too good to be true. As much as I despise the Lakers, this is the one team I want beating the Heat. It would test any evidence that's left of LeBron's greatness.

9) If the Heat don't make the Finals, and Cleveland doesn't make the playoffs, pick the two teams you want to see in the Finals. Spurs vs. Celtics: Let the old guys fight it out. The O'Neal's, Garnett, Pierce, Allen against McDyess, Duncan, Manu? Would love to see that and have the Spurs win so McDyess can get the ring he deserves.

10) Second favorite NBA team, if you were forced to have one (or if you do)? Spurs and Mavericks. Always had a soft spot for both. Jason Terry is so charismatic whenever he goes off and it's fun to watch. Duncan is one of my favorite players, and I also like George Hill and McDyess.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest