9/11 Attacks, Eight Years Ago

Real Deal

I saved the front page of the newpaper for 9/12, 9/13, 9/14, and I believe 9/15 in which they all talked about the attacks. I too remember that day, I remember where I was and everything. I was in 7th grade. Very very sad day.

RIP to all those who lost their lifes.

I don't like memorial-type days like this. The past is the past. Do we have to keep reminding ourselves about it like it's a holiday or something? Why don't we look ahead with a positive mindset to a brighter future than reflecting on a grim past. What you feel about things in and of itself goes nowhere, so you might as well feel happy.

BTW, I don't mean to bring religion into the topic, but I'm just curious.. Why do Christians feel sad when people die? You believe they go to Heaven, right? Some sort of third dimensional world of paradise? What's so sad about that?

Edited by Poe

• Owner

I don't like memorial-type days like this. The past is the past. Do we have to keep reminding ourselves about it like it's a holiday or something? Why don't we look ahead with a positive mindset to a brighter future than reflecting on a grim past. What you feel about things in and of itself goes nowhere, so you might as well feel happy.

BTW, I don't mean to bring religion into the topic, but I'm just curious.. Why do Christians feel sad when people die? You believe they go to Heaven, right? Some sort of third dimensional world of paradise? What's so sad about that?

So if a very close family member of yours passed away, you'd stop remembering him/her as quickly as possible, and would force yourself to leave the room if anyone started talking about him/her?

Christians feel sad because they have to live the rest of their lives without seeing their faces. Should you feel sad if your father passed when you were 10, and he wasn't there to watch you graduate, or teach you anything else at that point?

Those questions are nonsense, dude.

Sad day indeed.

I remember I was in 3rd grade all I cared about at the time was watching football and eating McDonald's. That day really changed my life more than any other day.

Well, nvm, there is one day that changed my life even more.

So if a very close family member of yours passed away, you'd stop remembering him/her as quickly as possible, and would force yourself to leave the room if anyone started talking about him/her?

Christians feel sad because they have to live the rest of their lives without seeing their faces. Should you feel sad if your father passed when you were 10, and he wasn't there to watch you graduate, or teach you anything else at that point?

Those questions are nonsense, dude.

Whatever you say. I just try not to worry about the things I can't control, cause in reality, you choose what upsets you and what doesn't. It's all a matter of how you look at things.

BTW, from what I understand, Christians believe in multiple lives: the life on earth and the life in heaven or hell. So, if I was a part of Christianity and my father died when I was ten, then I guess that means I just have to wait for "the next life" to see him again, which would be a very short time comparing to the supposed eternal life in Heaven.

I remember that dreadful day clearly. Its hard to believe its really been 8 years...

RIP

It was good of you to make that banner Brandon, things like this are why I have much respect for you. Props.

I remember this day so clearly. The moment I heard about the news about the terrorist attacks, I couldn't believe it, not one bit. I was afraid, it changed America is so many ways.

We shall never forget

We shall keep this day,

We shall keep the events and the tears

In our minds, memories and our hearts

and take them with us as we carry on.

Sad, seems like everyone around has these stories of losing people on this day. I was 10 years old when it happened and I'll always remember knowing what the twin towers where but not knowing what the world trade center was lol. So someone was like a plane hit the WTC and it didn't really hit me until someone else told me the WTC was the twin towers.

Great tribute. Me being about 60 miles from NYC it def. "hit home" (no pun intended) when that happened. it was crazy i remember being in school at the time and they told us what happened but i had no idea the magnitude. i also remember kids getting pulled out of class, there was only about 40 kids left at the end of the school day.