• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phone conversation from earlier this week:

colin campbell- "hey sid, how have you been?"

crosby- "pretty good man, its been a while."

campbell- "yeah, we should hang out again this weekend. and by the way, i dont know what to do, should i suspend cooke?"

crosby- "savard was being mean to me earlier in the game, matt was just helping me out"

campbell- "i didn't know he was messing with you earlier, i cant suspend matt, he just wanted to make sure you were safe"

crosby- "you are the man, thanks"

campbell- "anything for you"

crosby- "i gotta go, see you this weekend, love ya <3"

Edited by fly3rs18

Guest Jeff Colborn

phone conversation from earlier this week:

colin campbell- "hey sid, how have you been?"

crosby- "pretty good man, its been a while."

campbell- "yeah, we should hang out again this weekend. and by the way, i dont know what to do, should i suspend cooke?"

crosby- "savard was being mean to me earlier in the game, matt was just helping me out"

campbell- "i didn't know he was messing with you earlier, i cant suspend matt, he just wanted to make sure you were safe"

crosby- "you are the man, thanks"

campbell- "anything for you"

crosby- "i gotta go, see you this weekend, love ya"

Dude you sound bitter just because Crosby and the Pens owned you guys last year in the playoffs.

That was the worst attempt at humor I have ever witnessed on a sports forum.

did seabrook go back into the game?

Nope.

And also, ECN were discussing this earlier, and the Ducks announcers might be the worst in the NHL. That was such a filthy hit and all they could say was "I think Seabrook was diving"? Terrible. The Pittsburgh Penguins announcers might give them a run for the money, though.

Edited by Phightins

Wisniewski was suspended for 8 games

i dont get it though. seabrooks hit right before that was pretty bad too. and 8 games is pretty serious. there arent many games left. wisniewskis hit was pretty bad, but not 8 games compared to 0 for cooke and the other hits recently

This is their chance to make a "statement". Wisniewski is an average player on a team that will not make the postseason. It was a brutal hit and obviously deserved a lengthy suspension, but that is why they have been so inconsistent.

8 games is a bit too strict for me, but the main problem is that this got 8 and the other hits recently got nothing. its absolutely wrong. i dont care if cookes hit was a "legal hit", the hit was totally unnecessary and late, that is the problem with it

No kidding the system is flawed, everyone realizes this. But the reason they are making an example out of Wisniewski is because he is an average player on a non-playoff team.

And I have no problem with 8 games, I think he deserved it. The problem is the inconsistency with other suspensions.

Edited by Phightins

• 3 weeks later...

...Are you kidding me? The Bruins scored 3 short handed goals today....on the same kill. I am not going to lie, that might be one of the most unbelievable sports feats I have ever seen/heard of.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez....Mike Green is a finalist for the Norris, but Chris Pronger and Shea Weber are not. Hmm. I think Drew Doughty should win it regardless, so hopefully he still does, but there is no way Mike Green is a top 3 defenseman in the NHL. His numbers are just ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a rumor floating around that the NHL is considering changing the overtime format to 3 minutes of 4 on 4, then 3 minutes of 3 on 3, then 3 minutes of 2 on 2, and if nothing is settled at that point, a shootout. I suppose I like this better than the current format, however I don't really think 2-on-2 is any less flukey than a shootout. It will be exciting as hell to watch, especially if it's Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin/Backstrom, or Kane/Toews vs. Datsyuk/Zetterberg or something like that.