Why do people choose to be atheist?

reno

Saying that the world is beautiful only proves that the world is beautiful (if you ignore things like wars, starvation, cruelty, disease, natural disasters, extinction, etc. etc.). Please, there is no connection between a pretty planet and some sort of all powerful invisible old man in the sky. Give me some means to where I can use my senses to acknowledge this being (like actually being able to see him, touch, smell... at least something of the sort) or the slightest trace of evidence, and then I'll believe.

• Like 1

and when people die, they say god had a purpose for them and all bunch of [expletive] to make people think better of it..really now..people just die because they die not because god decided it was their time.

• Like 1

Saying that the world is beautiful only proves that the world is beautiful (if you ignore things like wars, starvation, cruelty, disease, natural disasters, extinction, etc. etc.). Please, there is no connection between a pretty planet and some sort of all powerful invisible old man in the sky. Give me some means to where I can use my senses to acknowledge this being (like actually being able to see him, touch, smell... at least something of the sort) or the slightest trace of evidence, and then I'll believe.

Yet you've probably never read the Bible. Or done any real research, you just say you don't believe for whatever reason...

God left us with free will. Everything we've seen happening has been the cause of man. God did not start poverty or wars, man did.

• Like 1

Because we have common sense and question things without accepting them just because a book full of fairy tales states it.

A god is possible but improbable.

Why do you not believe in Quetzlacotl, Horus, Odin, Osiris, Poseidon, Mars, Kronos or Zeus?

Zeus is defenitely real, read the Iliad! If Zeus isnt real then where does lightning come from during thunderstorms! If you dont beileve in him you will be struck by thunder!

• Like 2

Yet you've probably never read the Bible. Or done any real research, you just say you don't believe for whatever reason...

Wrong. Although I never read the Bible cover to cover, I spent most of my early school years (Kindergarten through 3rd grade) in a religious school, so I know just about as much as the average Christian. I believed in God at the time... but then again, I also believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

Wrong. Although I never read the Bible cover to cover, I spent most of my early school years (Kindergarten through 3rd grade) in a religious school, so I know just about as much as the average Christian. I believed in God at the time... but then again, I also believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

Like comparing those are even close. "Faith in God" is something completely different than believing in Santa Claus. People who don't believe based on something they cannot see, or interpret doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Look how long the Christian faith has lasted, compared to the fore mentioned Polytheistic ones. Our culture is slowly turning away from God, when I think we should be turning to faith in this hard times.

Like comparing those are even close. "Faith in God" is something completely different than believing in Santa Claus. People who don't believe based on something they cannot see, or interpret doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Look how long the Christian faith has lasted, compared to the fore mentioned Polytheistic ones. Our culture is slowly turning away from God, when I think we should be turning to faith in this hard times.

We arent turning away from anything we are becoming smarter, evolving, some people just like to stay in the Stone Age.