Why do people choose to be atheist?

reno

How can I debate faith? Also, show me how the earth was created; and then PROVE it.

The best answer for a question like this is "I don't know". Scientific methods are the best way to approach a problem like this. Using a 2000 old book where its passages were voted in by Kings and Priests does NOT count as proof.

Then how are my beliefs in God false? We cannot prove this either...

You cant disprove a negative.

I cant prove that the Invisible pink unicorn doesnt exist but doesnt mean im gonna be a stone age creature who believes in it.

The only reason Christianity is such a popular religion is because of the Hell-Heaven thing, which the Christians actually stole from some other religions because Hell isnt even mentioned in the bible. Oh and because parents like to brainwash children. Babies are all atheists, people just raise em to be superstitious stone age creatures.

• Like 3

Someone never does any research...

The earth was created 4.5 billion years ago from a side effect of the big-bang. How do scientists KNOW it's 4.5 billion years old? Based off of rock samples taken. So if scientists can scientifically prove the earth is 4.5 billions years old, why do you think the earth is 10,000 years old? I assume you think 2+2=6, right?

The earth was created 4.5 billion years ago from a side effect of the big-bang. How do scientists KNOW it's 4.5 billion years old? Based off of rock samples taken. So if scientists can scientifically prove the earth is 4.5 billions years old, why do you think the earth is 10,000 years old? I assume you think 2+2=6, right?

When did I ever say anything about how old the earth is? Honestly I don't know. But who isn't to say the "big bang" (cause I know how much you love saying it) wasn't God?

When did I ever say anything about how old the earth is? Honestly I don't know. But who isn't to say the "big bang" (cause I know how much you love saying it) wasn't God?

Fundamentalists Christians AND the Bible believe/say the Earth is 10,000 years old.

Because the Invisible pink Unicorn did it, do you have proof that the invisible pink unicorn didnt do it? Thought so.

• Like 1

Count how many times I've said big bang. kthxbye.

And Slaven's gotten like 4 +1s from me just in this thread.

I have met so many people in diverse religions; its cool, its great that it makes us (us as in the USA) so diverse from amendment 1 in the bill but it creates groups of people who have to act out in retaliation. which everyone can agree is stupid. anyway I could really care less about people who believe (or dont) out of all honesty (not saying that in a mean way)

more than just looking at the world around you, some people look into religion to cleanse themselves and things of that nature. To answer the titled question, i think (key word- think) people choose to be atheist because they feel that they dont need any type of guidance or help. or just dont want to live their life under certain organized rules. or some could be straight lost, lol. most turn out fine and dont really need to be looked down upon (and i know thats not your point) but most nonatheists need to respect that, just saying

if i were to take a stab at it, i just think the universe(s?) was created through a series of explosions because of how many atoms reacted creating new ones. I think they were floating around and because of gravity, dusts (particles left from previous explosions)/atoms come together, hot and cold (you know, like how tornadoes form) creating stuff like stars. if i remember correctly, stars (including the sun lets not forget) frequently explode, laboring rocks. and the rocks later pull in the gases and particles around it. (couple millions of years later).

all happening in a very very very very slow process long ago. oxygen and hydrogen beings around the 4 inner planets, i think outer planets are surrounded by helium or whatever makes them so damn huge... and the atoms come into the rocks atmosphere (meaning it can only go down, not back to space) they start to settle on the rocks surface thus making cells and bacteria, etc etc. lots of scientific stuff i left out like dimensions (such as SPACETIME) but thats the jist of it in my view

• Owner

Science doesn't explain everything, and it never will. Scientists believe in life on other planets, although they've never seen it. Science has yet to prove (and never will) how, suddenly, there was a universe. Asking, "How did God just create himself," it's like asking how the universe just appeared. Science tells us that something is created from something else, but how do you create something from absolutely nothing? Science has no answer.

So, when you have no answer, it must not be true? In that case, the universe doesn't exist.

I can play by the same rules an atheist plays by, and it should make perfect sense to them.

It's funny to me that all of the mocking comes from those who don't believe. Many don't respect anything outside of their belief. Ironically, all of the questions come from them as well. If a Christian asks an atheist what happens to us when we die, an atheist will say that we just rot in the ground. If a Christian asks how the universe was created, an atheist will say that it just happened. Believe in ghosts? Nope, don't exist. Believe in miracles? Nope, don't exist. Believe in souls? Nope. What is your purpose in life? To just live.

Life is so complex for such simple answers.

As I've said before, if God does prove to exist someday, guess who's screwed? If he doesn't, I guess we're all just screwed. At least I have a chance.

Fundamentalists Christians AND the Bible believe/say the Earth is 10,000 years old.

No where in the Bible does it say the Earth is a certain age. Young Earth Creationists got 10,000 years by calculating the dates and genealogies in the Bible.