World Series Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

• Owner

You have Thunder, Royals, Chiefs as your closest teams, how come you dont support them? Cause they are terrible right?

The Thunder were in Seattle just two years ago, the Chiefs and Royals are from Missouri (I thought I just posted that).

I like the Raiders, and they suck. Explain?

Or just give up.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers lost in the 2008 Finals to their rivals, getting crushed in the final Game 6. I didn't whine and cry about it, not caring about my reputation on the board and punching my pillow.

Well I am glad you are manlier than all of us, then. I do not take losses well, much less (arguably) the worst loss in the history of Philadelphia sports.

The Thunder were in Seattle just two years ago, the Chiefs and Royals are from Missouri (I thought I just posted that).

I like the Raiders, and they suck. Explain?

Or just give up.

I said closest brah, considering the Thunder are in Okieland now.

No, this loss is going to take a while to get over. You are talking lightly about it, you really have no idea. I don't even know if there is an NBA equivalent I can give. Just imagine the Lakers losing in the finals in one of the worst ways imaginable, and you might have an idea. So if I have really offended you here tonight, I apologize, but my OTR rep is not at the front of my mind right about now.

Celtics coming back from an 18 point halftime deficit in 2008 to own the Lakers in Game 4 of the NBA Finals to take control of the series. I remember quite a few sandy vaginas on that day.

No, this loss is going to take a while to get over. You are talking lightly about it, you really have no idea. I don't even know if there is an NBA equivalent I can give. Just imagine the Lakers losing in the finals in one of the worst ways imaginable, and you might have an idea. So if I have really offended you here tonight, I apologize, but my OTR rep is not at the front of my mind right about now.

We did lose in the Finals, and against the Celtics no less. Blown out in the last game, it was a terrible way to lose. Every single Laker fan here got a shload of crap for it.

Being pissed off is fine after a loss, but some fans here need to get a handle on their emotions.

We did lose in the Finals, and against the Celtics no less. Blown out in the last game, it was a terrible way to lose. Every single Laker fan here got a shload of crap for it.

Being pissed off is fine after a loss, but some fans here need to get a handle on their emotions.

lol, because we are true fans of our teams, we arent regular fans, I get pissed after pre-season loses (exaggeration), but really I get pissed at regular season losses in basketball big time especially if something goes wrong or a team comes back from a big deficit. Like I said, Phitgins is a true fan, goes to tons of games while the most of you guys sit behind a keyboard in Miami and support the Yankees, which is why he takes losses more seriously, should take notes from someone that was raised to love a team.

• Owner

lol, because we are true fans of our teams, we arent regular fans, I get pissed after pre-season loses (exaggeration), but really I get pissed at regular season losses in basketball big time especially if something goes wrong or a team comes back from a big deficit. Like I said, Phitgins is a true fan, goes to tons of games while the most of you guys sit behind a keyboard in Miami and support the Yankees, which is why he takes losses more seriously, should take notes from someone that was raised to love a team.

Keep calling everyone else bandwagoners around here and you're joining Diesel. It'll happen tonight, probably. I'm excited to pull the plug at this very second if you want to test it out.

Keep calling everyone else bandwagoners around here and you're joining Diesel. It'll happen tonight, probably. I'm excited to pull the plug at this very second if you want to test it out.

I dont think I used the word bandwagon at all, I said regular fans.

lol you act as if you know me? FYI I live in a house of Yankee fans and have always been Yankee fan since I was little. If there anyone here sitting behind a keyboard and spewing meaningless [expletive] its you..but then agian the whole board expects it anyways

• Owner

I dont think I used the word bandwagon at all, I said regular fans.

You know what you're doing, and you're done doing it. Tonight, and from this point on, I'm getting rid of the poison on the boards, dedicated members or not.

• Owner

Discussion will stop until I decide to start it up again. Big chance I don't. Sorry to the fans that actually deserve to discuss baseball here. We'll see what I decide to do.

If I re-open the topic, then have to close it again, the entire baseball forum is history.

Pedro Martinez was opposed by Andy Pettitte on May 31, 1998 at old Yankee Stadium. Joe Girardi hit a 3-run HR. Red Sox beat Yanks, 13-7

One of the Phillies beat writers tweeted this. Kind of interesting haha.

Who knows.

I will say that I think many Phillies fans are overreacting big time about him. I have seen quite a few people on the internet/talk radio who want him traded in the offseason. Most pitchers do not hit their prime until their late 20's at the earliest. Cole is 25. There is no denying his talent, and once he figures the game out mentally, he will be a 20 game winner and a Cy Young candidate. As for the here and now, should this go to game 7 I will be incredibly nervous with him on the mound, but I just think he is who Charlie is leaning towards.

Edited by Phightins09

The reason for Hamels' struggles is becuase he only has 2 pitches a fastball and a changeup. He hasn't developed his curve and its hurt him all year. Pedro scares me much moreso than Hamels.

I am all for him developing a solid third pitch, but I don't think that is why he has struggled. He has always been strictly a fastball change pitcher. That got him a first round draft selection, nearly a free pass through the minor leagues, and a World Series MVP. Did he just forget how to pitch last winter, or forget what got him to where he is today? I doubt it, he has just been bad at adjusting to the league as they adjust to him, as many young pitchers are. But he is a rare guy who can do incredible things with just two pitches. I am convinced that all of his problems are between the ears, and recently, location issues with the fastball. Mechanically he has been off a bit this year, which some are blaming on his crazy innings spike last year (about 75 more innings than he had ever pitched before, including postseason) and his short winter combined with the sudden media frenzy around him and endorsement deals (in general, a lack of a good offseason conditioning program).

But apparently he is going to work on a cutter and/or a slider this offseason. I personally just want him to chill out and stay away from the media circus and just focus on baseball.

Edited by Phightins09