World Series Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Congrats to both teams for making it, this should be one of the best world series' in recent history.

I agree. If I were a neutral fan, I'd be super excited for this series. And obviously being a Phillies fan, I cannot wait for it.

For pitching matchups, we already know that the Yankees will go Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte, Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte, Sabathia. Unclear what the Phillies will do, other than the fact that Cliff Lee will pitch game 1. I think it would be awesome to see Pedro Martinez pitch game 2 at Yankee Stadium, however.

Edited by Phightins09

yeah, id love to see pedro game 2

i have $20 on the series with a yankees fan and the loser has to write go yankees or go phillies on their forehead for a day (or some variation of that). the person im bettting with is betting every phillies fan in the dorm, he probably has over $200 of bets total

GO PHILS

To the Phillies fans, I hope you guys win. You guys are a rowdy bunch. :) And im sure some of you agree with my opinion on the Yankees as well. Would be quite interesting to see you guys do it 2 straight, a franchise that is due for it and deserves it. And Phillies fans for the most part have been classy so far imo. I definitely think you guys will win. You arent going to beat yourselves, and have players with toughness and ability to get clutch hits like Werth, Howard, Rollins, ugh what a lineup. Cliff Lee and Hamels have shut down stuff and can handle the Yankees lineup. Honestly we had no bussiness being in this series, we pretty much handed the series to the Yankees on a platter and they should have swept us honestly. I know you guys wont do that, and will put so much pressure on the Yankees. Hope you guys win, Go Philly! :)

• Owner

This will be more of a biased guess than anything else, but I'm taking New York in six. It's really more because A-Rod has been my second favorite player for years now, ever since the Mariners took him, and I've honestly stopped watching baseball as a fan after Griffey went down due to that devastating injury.

It's funny. I used to know everything about baseball, in the 90's. Now I know everything about basketball, quite a bit about football, and just a little about baseball.

This postseason may have been the first I've actually watched, all the way through, since 2003.

Sabathia has been fire, though, and I trust in Mariano to close out games. I don't believe he has given up a run yet in the postseason.

I agree. If I were a neutral fan, I'd be super excited for this series. And obviously being a Phillies fan, I cannot wait for it.

For pitching matchups, we already know that the Yankees will go Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte, Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte, Sabathia. Unclear what the Phillies will do, other than the fact that Cliff Lee will pitch game 1. I think it would be awesome to see Pedro Martinez pitch game 2 at Yankee Stadium, however.

If that happened in game 2 or any other game I would have to buy myself a ticket. "Who's your daddy!" those series' were awesome.

• Owner

What a surprise. First time Yankees are in the World Series since 2003 as well.

I didn't like the Yankees in 2003. What an idiotic post based on the fact that I just don't want your Phillies to win the series. Alex went to New York in 2004. Big fail on your part...again.

The first time since I was in elementary school that the Yanks have made the series, super hyped. I hope Waldo, Brandon and I can hold down all of you Philly supporters.

You were in elementary school in 2003? You are younger than i thought. :lol:

Charlie still will not commit to anything beyond his game 1 starter, although it does look like Raul Ibanez will DH and Ben Francisco will play left field for the games in New York, as expected.