World Series Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Why do I have a feeling that this won't end well?

Anyway, before this gets locked I will put my final 2 cents in. As I said I am very happy with the Phillies season despite losing in the end. I am happy for a lot of the players on the Yankees. I do not mind most of the guys on the team and am happy for the guys like Tex and Matsui who are getting their first rings.

I already want Spring Training here.

As you should be. Its rare for a team to make it to the series twice in a row much less repeat as champion. The Phills had a great year.

Tex is a class-act and Matsui's been here for so long its about time he gets one. I think he's done to be honest. He's got no reason to come back next year, his knees are destroyed.

I'm also really happy for Alex. He's had such a rough year but it seems like his admitting he used PED's really took a lot of pressure off of him. Not only that, but he graduated from the same high school as I did so that's great for the school.

Nah it will, no attacking here, I am just congratulating the real Yankee fans who grew up in their city, went to games and are going to the parade soon, these are the true fans who deserve to see their team win a ring and I am glad for them and say that those fans truly deserve to see their team win a championship.

So, how can you root for that Wolverhampton team if they are not from Texas?

I'm surprised neither Blanton or Hamels pitched tonight. The Phillies achilles heel has been the middle relief and I think in a game like this Using Hamels or Blanton to follow Pedro would've been a good idea. Then you just use whichever one didn't pitch to start game 7 and have Lee follow after 4 or 5 innings.

• Owner

Congrats to all of the Yankees' real fans, doesn't matter what city you're from as long as you never jumped ship because of their previous championships.

Slaven, if your birthplace determines who you root for in sports, you're a fool for not being able to think for yourself and come to a conclusion on your own. A damn shame. And as you continue to act like some rebel and bait anyone rooting for the Yankees (as their favorite team or just for the hell of it in the WS), you take steps closer and closer to joining the ex-member in your sig that you continue to injure, as he will never have a chance at coming back when all of you "supporting him" are acting the way he did when he was banned.

Congrats NY.

We still have a strong team that was mostly home grown. We may lose Pedro next year and possibly add some more pieces to the rotation.

B, honestly I dont think anyone knew you were a Yankee fan until a little before this series and when you started hating Philly fans with a passion. Thats why it draws suspicion and people question your baseball fan hood.

And guys, you dont need to be from a city to root a team on. I root on Chelsea, Madrid, UNC, Detroit, and more.

O and did anyone see the lil jewish boy last night again in NY?

Edited by N4S

Congrats NY.

We still have a strong team that was mostly home grown. We may lose Pedro next year and possibly add some more pieces to the rotation.

B, honestly I dont think anyone knew you were a Yankee fan until a little before this series and when you started hating Philly fans with a passion. Thats why it draws suspicion and people question your baseball fan hood.

And guys, you dont need to be from a city to root a team on. I root on Chelsea, Madrid, UNC, Detroit, and more.

O and did anyone see the lil jewish boy last night again in NY?

Yeah lol. "Diesel" texted me as soon as he was shown, no surprise there.

• Owner

I actually don't care about baseball as much as everyone else. While I started supporting the Lakers the day Kobe was drafted (since I had to hand-pick a team myself), I followed teams in baseball based on just one player: Ken Griffey Jr. When his career went down the toilet, I took the second guy I liked from the old Mariners duo, A-Rod, and ran with him. I would support the Yankees even after Bryant leaves...but I could care less about teams like the Rangers, who A-Rod doesn't play for anymore.

I've supported the Yankees since they picked up A-Rod, and that's it. That was after the dynasty that Jeter, Posada and the others built.

People around here have a hard time distinguishing between a bandwagoner and a casual fan. Nobody cared to think that, just maybe, I was picking a team to root for. They automatically assumed I was a Yankees fan. That's not the way sports works.

I'm sure you and plenty of other people were rooting for the Magic in June. That didn't make you bandwagon Magic fans, though.

Sometimes I cheer against local teams, such as the Bills, Sabres and Leafs. It's fun to be different, that's why I've been a Jayhawks fan since age 6 and a Steelers fan since age 7.

• Owner

Sometimes I cheer against local teams, such as the Bills, Sabres and Leafs. It's fun to be different, that's why I've been a Jayhawks fan since age 6 and a Steelers fan since age 7.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing the Kansas City Chiefs lose every game they ever play, even though they are considered local here (but are in Missouri).

Congrats to all of the Yankees' real fans, doesn't matter what city you're from as long as you never jumped ship because of their previous championships.

Slaven, if your birthplace determines who you root for in sports, you're a fool for not being able to think for yourself and come to a conclusion on your own. A damn shame. And as you continue to act like some rebel and bait anyone rooting for the Yankees (as their favorite team or just for the hell of it in the WS), you take steps closer and closer to joining the ex-member in your sig that you continue to injure, as he will never have a chance at coming back when all of you "supporting him" are acting the way he did when he was banned.

I could care less who someone roots for. I am just congratulating the people who deserve to see their team win, which are the real fans.

Congrats to the Phillies on a great season.

I've never seen any of my teams win it all, and if I had to pick one of my teams to win, it would have been the Yankees. What an amazing run.

It's great to see we turned around the streak that the last 6 teams who won Game 1 went on to win the WS.

Now I look back at all the shock after we lost the first two games of the regular season. I remember Mark Feinsand of the Daily News looking for the last team that lost their first two regular season games and went on to win it all, and he said he had to go all the way back to '08 with the Phils.

Of course, I wanted to win this series in 6 and not have to worry, but I'm definitely going to miss baseball more than I ever have in an offseason.

What a way to open up the New House.