World Series Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Chase Utley or Ryan Howard can expect to be hit by a fastball in Game 3.

What?

And to Fish, no, that Matsui ball wouldn't even get to the warning track in CBP. I never really complain about park dimensions though since both teams have to deal with the same ones, but that is only a homerun at Yankee Stadium. Whatever.

Anyway, still in good shape heading back to South Philly. Would have been nice to win tonight but this team never wins game 2 on the road.

Edited by Phightins09

Yeah I'm fine with splitting 1-1 in NY. BACK TO PHILLY!

And Flash

Very comical. I guess you didn't get the joke since it's in the Yankee's announcer's tone. Typical bandwagon Yankee fan. Probably didn't watch 10 games during the year until the playoffs.

Edited by Diesel

What?

And to Fish, no, that Matsui ball wouldn't even get to the warning track in CBP. I never really complain about park dimensions though since both teams have to deal with the same ones, but that is only a homerun at Yankee Stadium. Whatever.

Anyway, still in good shape heading back to South Philly. Would have been nice to win tonight but this team never wins game 2 on the road.

Mark Teixeira got drilled by a fastball on the knee. I expect Petite to stick up for Tex there.

I think these next 2 games will be good ones. Petite vs. Hamels is going to be a good matchup and then I think we have CC go in game 4.

Yankees could easily take 2 in Philly IMO.

Edited by Flash

Mark Teixeira got drilled by a fastball on the knee. I expect Petite to stick up for Tex there.

I think these next 2 games will be good ones. Petite vs. Hamels is going to be a good matchup and then I think we have CC go in game 4.

Yankees could easily take 2 in Philly IMO.

If you think there was any intent to Madson hitting Teixeira, you have a lot to learn about baseball.

Flash, the yankees werent gonna sweep anyway and phillies are going back home. Phillies already stole one at Yankee stadium.

I didn't expect a sweep and who's to say the Yankees can't take one or 2 in Philly? Its very possible just like people knew the Philles had a great shot at taking on in New York.

If you think there was any intent to Madson hitting Teixeira, you have a lot to learn about baseball.

If you know anything about baseball you know there doesn't need to be intent for there to be a retaliation.

Phillies did what every away team in a series wants to do, and thats steal a game to give home field advantage back.

What did they keep showing the lil jew kid celebrating?

Hell of a coincidence that it happens the first pitch after Utley should've been safe at first.

With A-Rod, Matsui, and Cano coming up with no outs, and absolutely no way he could afford to let the Yankees add to a 2 run lead with Rivera in there, the last thing Madson wanted to do was give Tex a free base. Not the situation. Batters get hit, it is part of the game. Sometimes there is intent, but absolutely not there. Plus, Madson's command was spotty anyway, he just lost the grip on a fastball. His changeup was wicked and that bailed him out in the end.

If you know anything about baseball you know there doesn't need to be intent for there to be a retaliation.

I know plenty about baseball. If there was "retaliation" for every unintentional hit by pitch, baseball would have been outlawed years ago. Just get over it and enjoy your win, there was no intent to hit Teixeira.

lmao Joe Buck was really pulling for the Phillies last year too.

Almost as much as he does the Eagles when he used to to their games.

I need to stop posting in hear. I'm starting to feel like one of those annoying [expletive] Laker fans during the NBA playoffs.

Peace out.

Edited by N4S

• Owner

LOL

The entire game I kept saying "wow I would love to stuff that little jew in a locker"

lmao Joe Buck was really pulling for the Phillies last year too.

Almost as much as he does the Eagles when he used to to their games.

I need to stop posting in hear. I'm starting to feel like one of those annoying [expletive] Laker fans during the NBA playoffs.

Peace out.

Three days for both.

I'm close to closing all baseball discussion for a week.

I'm close to closing all baseball discussion for a week.

90% of the problems have been caused by the guy you just suspended. Other than his [expletive], pretty much everything in this thread has been good discussion.