MLB Hot Stove

Phightins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liriano did great during the winter, according to people/players.

Nathan might let soreness and swelling subside, and build strength in the muscles around the joint, before a final decision about surgery. Or take the surgery.. If so..

1) Get John Smoltz. Seemed a bit too inconsistent last year. Risky.

2) Slama. He's been pitching great in the minors. He pitched 1 inning for 2 Ks against the Cardinals today.

3) Rotational closers.

4) Rauch. Dude had 17 saves with the Nationals a few years ago.

But yeah, I'm pissed. Twins players who have suffered this [expletive] the past few years are:

Liriano: First year in the majors.

Neshek: Last year.

Nathan: This year??

Edited by Lone Wolf

Liriano did great during the winter, according to people/players.

Nathan might let soreness and swelling subside, and build strength in the muscles around the joint, before a final decision about surgery. Or take the surgery.. If so..

1) Get John Smoltz. Seemed a bit too inconsistent last year. Risky.

2) Slama. He's been pitching great in the minors. He pitched 1 inning for 2 Ks against the Cardinals today.

3) Rotational closers.

4) Rauch. Dude had 17 saves with the Nationals a few years ago.

But yeah, I'm pissed. Twins players who have suffered this [expletive] the past few years are:

Liriano: First year in the majors.

Neshek: Last year.

Nathan: This year??

Why don't you make a list of Mets players who have suffered..;)

Oliver Perez? He's still with the Mets?? LOL.

Perez.

Beltran.

Mathews, Jr.

Escobar.

K-Rod. A bit overrated, imo. Dude needs to do more than just get 1 to 3 out saves.

Maybe Jason Bay. We all know how players do when it comes to the last year of their contract.. I hope he plays great. I'm glad he got out of Pittsburgh.

I'll take back what I said if they play consistent, injury free baseball.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Oliver Perez? He's still with the Mets?? LOL.

Perez.

Beltran.

Mathews, Jr.

Escobar.

K-Rod. A bit overrated, imo. Dude needs to do more than just get 1 to 3 out saves.

Maybe Jason Bay. We all know how players do when it comes to the last year of their contract.. I hope he plays great. I'm glad he got out of Pittsburgh.

I'll take back what I said if they play consistent, injury free baseball.

LOL

Perez - Yes

Beltran - best CF in baseball, well worth what we pay him considering what Jason Bay and Matt Holliday just got

Matthews Jr. - makes league minimum from us but okay

Escobar - makes 1.25 mil - not sure if he makes more

K-Rod - 28 years old already a top closer, crazy he can still improve

Bay - yeah maybe

The Mets are definitely overpaying Bay, but it was a move they had to make. That was probably the only way they could have gotten him to become a Met, and they absolutely had to sign him to at least save face a little bit this offseason.

LOL

Perez - Yes

Beltran - best CF in baseball, well worth what we pay him considering what Jason Bay and Matt Holliday just got

Matthews Jr. - makes league minimum from us but okay

Escobar - makes 1.25 mil - not sure if he makes more

K-Rod - 28 years old already a top closer, crazy he can still improve

Bay - yeah maybe

Best CF in baseball? Debatable. Matt Kemp? Breakout year. Curtis Granderson? He can hit, run and score. There are a few other center fielders who could produce more, if they had more playing time (Adam Jones, etc.). I wouldn't look at his contract like that, considering that Bay and Holliday just got new contracts this year.

Apparently ESPN does not have the 2010 salaries. But the Angels are picking up a lot of money on his contract. 21.5 million dollars of the 23.5 million dollars left.

Dude isn't that good.

Like I said, 1 to 3 out saves do not impress me, at all.

I'll take everything back if they play consistent, injury free baseball. The Twins make less money and make the playoffs, at least.

Any who, I won't be near a computer until Sunday night. I have nothing against the Mets.. They just need to play better. They have very good players, but they need to show up. I'll eat my words if they make the playoffs or make it a race.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Best CF in baseball? Debatable. Matt Kemp? Breakout year. Curtis Granderson? He can hit, run and score. There are a few other center fielders who could produce more, if they had more playing time (Adam Jones, etc.). I wouldn't look at his contract like that, considering that Bay and Holliday just got new contracts this year.

Apparently ESPN does not have the 2010 salaries. But the Angels are picking up a lot of money on his contract. 21.5 million dollars of the 23.5 million dollars left.

Dude isn't that good.

Like I said, 1 to 3 out saves do not impress me, at all.

I'll take everything back if they play consistent, injury free baseball. The Twins make less money and make the playoffs, at least.

Any who, I won't be near a computer until Sunday night. I have nothing against the Mets.. They just need to play better. They have very good players, but they need to show up. I'll eat my words if they make the playoffs or make it a race.

I like Matt Kemp as much as anyone and he will be the best CF probably after this year, like a Kobe LeBron thing on a smaller scale. Beltrans defense is still a bit beyond Kemps. Beltran is better than Granderson at just about everything. Grady is the only other argument and I never felt, even in his best years, that he was better. I believe he is the top CF, if not hes top 3, but I also feel he is the MVP of our team when healthy.

• 3 months later...
3:24pm: An official of an uninvolved team tells Ed Price of AOL FanHouse that the Rangers are now willing to include Justin Smoak in a trade for Lee (Twitter link).

Source

With Smoak involved Lee should be a Ranger shortly...