MLB Hot Stove

Phightins

Also, apparently JC Ramirez is very very good despite the poor numbers in pro-ball. The league he pitched in last year, the "Cal League", is apparently a very offense friendly league and every park is little league-ish. League-average ERA is 5.5. Makes me feel a bit better about him haha. I was talking to a Mariners fan who thinks he is better than Aumont. We will see. I hope these guys get put on one of the minor league teams around here (maybe Lakewood for Ramirez, Reading for Aumont) so I can get a first hand look.

Edited by Phightins

I'm all for them blocking a big guy from going to Boston or NY.

Also apparently the Mets don't want to offer a 5th year to Bay, the thing he wants most...

They have missed out on everybody so far, nothing will make me happier than to see them miss out on Bay too.

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if we didn't get bay or holliday, there are rumors the mets are after arroyo and phillips as well

They're saying now that Matt Holliday has another "legit offer" from an East Coast team, that isn't the Orioles. Could it be the Mets?

Whatever the case it's pissing me off. We need to sign Bay and get this over with, lol. :lol:

I heard that Nick Johnson signed, pending a physical. I find that kind of interesting since he will have to DH, and he is one of the best defensive first basemen I have seen in the entire league (possibly the very best).

Cliff Lee doesn't sound to happy about going to Seattle. Never thought I'd see the day where pitchers actually want to be in Philadelphia.

Was he happy in CLE? Were not even that bad. We have a chance at finally taking over the division now. He'll be fine once the season gets going.

He says he’s “disappointed” but he can’t blame the Phillies for preferring Halladay. Lee says he will make the best of his situation in Seattle and likes the moves the Mariners are making.

Was he happy in CLE? Were not even that bad. We have a chance at finally taking over the division now. He'll be fine once the season gets going.

Yeah I am sure once the shock wears off he'll be fine. I am just used to the days of Curt Schilling and Scott Rolen complaining their way out of town and JD Drew refusing to sign after we drafted him. So it's very strange to hear Roy Halladay say Philadelphia was really the only place he wanted to go, or hear Cliff Lee be disappointed about leaving. It's even weirder for pitchers considering our stadium.

^true

Roy Halladay heard so many rumors last season he was being traded to Philadelphia, he couldn’t help but imagine standing on the mound in red pinstripes when they played in the World Series.

“I can’t lie,” he said. “I did. I had quite a few dreams about it, too.”

i read somewhere that lee was pissed about leaving too. i forget where it was though. but it does suck for him, he was in cleveland a few months ago and when he was traded to philly he probably figured that he would be here for a while. then all of a sudden he has to move all the way to the west coast

Edited by fly3rs18