MLB Hot Stove

Phightins

Single topics are better. Pages get too long here.

No its not...Anyways, Mark Cuban denied being interested in buying the Dodgers. Oh well, I guess we're staying with those idiot McCourts.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/111009dnspomavscuban.3f18eff.html

Would you do it?

assuming we would have to give up as much as we would have at the trade deadline, then i would not do it. it would be crazy to have halladay-lee-hamels, but i dont know if its worth trading pretty much all of our top prospects. if we hadn't gotten lee then i would be all for it, but i dont think its worth it now

and money would also be a huge issue with that. halladay is going on his last year of his contract this year (i think??), so if we got him then we would have to give him a new contract. we also have to give lee and a bunch of other guys new contracts in the next couple years

Would you do it?

Depends. If it is Happ/Drabek/Brown/Gose like the rumor was over the summer, then probably not. But I have a feeling the price will come down. I'd give 3 of those 4 though, and perhaps more.

Looks like the Giants, Orioles, and even the Redsox have shown interest in Dan Ugla. Florida would be smart to sell him in return for the right price. I just don't see why the Redsox are interested in him. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Red Sox would probably try him out at third, I'd imagine.

Speaking of third, the Phillies are apparently interested in Chone Figgins and Mark DeRosa. Well no surprise why they are interested in Figgins and I am sure there are 20-something other teams interested in him as well. I would absolutely love Figgins in this lineup, but realistically I see no way it happens. I have thought all along that DeRosa would be the frontrunner. Power righty bat and very versatile (could be plugged in at 2nd and shortstop to give Utley and Rollins days off without losing much production, which we have not been able to do for the past two years). I am not as high on Adrian Beltre as I was, I would honestly rather bring back Pedro Feliz. I would be fine with DeRosa and thrilled with Figgins, haha.

But the Phillies have not had a legitimate "prototypical leadoff hitter" since Lenny Dykstra. Kind of hard to imagine how good they could be with a rock like Figgins up at the top. I am dreaming.

Well, with so many Halladay rumors going around where do you guys think he'll end up?

My guess is he will stay put or wind up in Boston. I think the Red Sox can/are willing to make a better offer than anybody else, and Anthopoulos doesn't seem to have the fear of trading him within the division that Ricciardi had.

My guess is he will stay put or wind up in Boston. I think the Red Sox can/are willing to make a better offer than anybody else, and Anthopoulos doesn't seem to have the fear of trading him within the division that Ricciardi had.

Well, if Boston does show interest I bet the Yankees would to. I think a little bidding war might occur but I doubt the Yankees are willing to pay him a contract like Sabathia and Burnett got. We'll see though.

Well, if Boston does show interest I bet the Yankees would to. I think a little bidding war might occur but I doubt the Yankees are willing to pay him a contract like Sabathia and Burnett got. We'll see though.

Well I am sure the Yankees are/will be interested, I just don't see them giving up as much as the Red Sox would.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__40/ept_sports_rumors-483809418-1259069220_thumb.jpg?ymkMXQCDuJh4x9Ay

Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz getting lots of trade interest

Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz(notes) made "only" $418,000 this year while hitting .260 with 33 homers, 76 RBIs, stealing 20 bases, and scoring 75 runs. That low, low price and high production have apparently gotten the 29-year-old Cruz interest from "several teams" who would love to trade for him, according to FOXSports.

But that low price and high production are also making the Rangers loathe to trade Cruz. So the fella who became an All-Star for the first time this year is very likely to be back in the Texas Rangers outfield next year.

Some teams that are believed to be interested include the Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, and San Francisco Giants.

---

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10357594