New York or Los Angeles

kingfish

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They are both absolutely terrible. LA is full of gangs and is the most polluted city in the world. NY is the most crowded place that I've ever seen and full of [expletive]gots. Where is the neither option?

Not quite.

http://sayiamgreen.com/blog/2009/09/the-10-most-polluted-cities-in-the-world/

The gangs are a problem, but honestly there are always some sort of gang in every city. South Central Los Angeles is where its most rampant, but the city has its pretty side too.

As for the original question, I've never been to New York, so I can't comment on that, but I'd go with Los Angeles. At least in L.A you can drive your own car, and its hard to beat the weather and the beaches.

• Like 1

I will use the site that your bs site used as a source(Forbes Magazine) and show what it really says coming from Forbes site itself.

Residents of Los Angeles, Bakersfield, Calif., and Pittsburgh, Pa., might want to pay close attention to the ALA's rankings. These metro areas were deemed the most polluted in the nation.

The Los Angeles metro area--known for its thick smog--ranks this year as the most ozone-polluted. Pollutants produced by car exhaust and smokestacks form the raw ingredients for the production of ozone.

Nearby Bakersfield, Calif., ranked as the city with the most year-round particle pollution and had ozone levels second only to Los Angeles. The Pittsburgh metro area, an industrial hub in western Pennsylvania, had the highest short-term particle pollution and the second highest year-round levels. Short-term and year-round particle counts reflect the amount of tiny solid and liquid particles in the air, most often emitted from diesel-powered vehicles, steel mills and coal-fired power plants, among other sources.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/28/pollution-ozone-air-lifestyle-health-ozone-pollution.html

Don't be mad just because you can't breath properly with all of the smog in LA. Worse in the country. There's a reason LA smog jokes are a common occurrence.

Nice try bringing Philadelphia into this topic(a topic where Philadelphia is not involved) and trying to rattle my bonds. Too bad that isn't true.

Edited by Diesel

I will use the site that your bs site used as a source(Forbes Magazine) and show what it really says coming from Forbes site itself.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/28/pollution-ozone-air-lifestyle-health-ozone-pollution.html

Don't be mad just because you can't breath properly with all of the smog in LA. Worse in the country. There's a reason LA smog jokes are a common occurrence.

Nice try bringing Philadelphia into this topic(a topic where Philadelphia is not involved) and trying to rattle my bonds. Too bad that isn't true.

The article you quoted was written back in April of this year. The article I posted was posted on the 6th of this month.

As far as air quality rankings go, yes L.A is up near the top. But as far as total pollution itself is concerned, L.A is not the most polluted city in the US.

Oh, and where I live out in the high desert...the air quality out here is among the best you can find. Many people with breathing problems move out here for relief.

The article you quoted was written back in April of this year. The article I posted was posted on the 6th of this month.

As far as air quality rankings go, yes L.A is up near the top. But as far as total pollution itself is concerned, L.A is not the most polluted city in the US.

Oh, and where I live out in the high desert...the air quality out here is among the best you can find. Many people with breathing problems move out here for relief.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/28/real_estate/most_polluted_cities/index.htm

Every list I look at LA is BY FAR the worst polluted in terms of the air(or ozone). Every other type of pollution LA is in the top 10 as well. LA is an absolute mess and I would make sure I wore a gas mask if I ever had to go there. Overall it and Pittsburgh are the worst polluted area's in the country.

Do you live in Palm Desert by any chance?