So, my prediction

Guest N4S

of Eddie Jordan lasting no longer than 1 season.

A lot of people thought I was an idiot when I got so ticked when I thought this was a horrible $ saving signing for Stephanski.

Well, look at the team now. They are boring as hell to watch. The player's efforts seem different this year. And the team is having major issues putting asses in the seats.

I think my prediction is holding tight so far.

I still cant stand this guy and think he is gone. Possibly before season's end.

A lot of people thought I was an idiot when I got so ticked when I thought this was a horrible $ saving signing for Stephanski.

Well, look at the team now. They are boring as hell to watch. The player's efforts seem different this year. And the team is having major issues putting asses in the seats.

It would be nice but it seems like Stefanski has a hard-on for him so I am sure he will last the season.

Also, no matter who the coach is, until they get a superstar on this team, or reach the Finals by accident, they will have problems putting asses in the seats.

Edited by Phightins09

Eddie Jordan is a terrible coach. A lot of people knew the move wouldn't work out, some were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I knew this wasn't a good signing since day 1.

Guilty. I knew it wouldn't work but I didn't want to believe it.

Stefanski apparently wasn't familiar with the professional rule of never hiring your friends.

Maybe the struggles also stem from my prediction of the Sixers struggling without Andre Miller.

In fairness to Philly, it's a new system, they have a player new to running a team, Brand is coming off a major injury, and Speights is hurt. Of course the team isn't going to have leadership with Miller, but, the Sixers have been second half teams over the course of the last three years. Maybe they'll run the streak to four years this season.

• Owner

Trade Brand for some decent talent, sign Iverson, toss your coach and find one like D'Antoni (who wants to run), start Speights at the four, and go from there.

You'll put butts in seats, boost team morale, add scoring, and win more games than you're on pace to winning right now.

• Owner

Brand seems almost as untradeable as Sammy to me.

Almost. I'm sure someone would be interested, but I can't say any team is truly intrigued by Dalembert's bad play and ugly contract.

Brand has a big paycheck, but he's no Dalembert in terms of being almost completely ineffective in every game.

Trade Brand for some decent talent, sign Iverson, toss your coach and find one like D'Antoni (who wants to run), start Speights at the four, and go from there.

You'll put butts in seats, boost team morale, add scoring, and win more games than you're on pace to winning right now.

Obviouslly easier said than done. Though signing Iverson wouldn't be a bad move at all for Philly. Who have they been starting all season? Lou Williams?

Lou has been pretty good offensively, despite the fact that his D blows. Don't think Iverson would really be an upgrade over him, but he sure as hell would sell tickets which is why I think the Sixers should bring him in. They are not winning anything this year with or without AI.

Edited by Phightins09

Well, what I was saying was that you sign Iverson if you trade Brand. Just go small, start Young at the four, then have a backcourt of Iverson and Williams.

I'm down, haha. If we find a sucker to take Brand then it sounds good to me.

• Owner

Elton starts dominating when given the minutes and you guys want to trade him? I dont understand it.

He's not Kobe, Wade or LeBron. When Elton "dominates" with his 20/10, it means nothing when nobody else is involved. Again, he's more like Zach Randolph, and no team will win 30 games with Randolph leading the way.

Signing AI would bring nothing to this team, but at this point, why not. What's the worst that can happen? Just cut him and move on, I'm sure he wouldn't cost too much at this point. Sign AI, give him the starting spot.

PG: Iverson

SG: Iguodala

SF: Young

PF: Brand

C: Dalembert

bench: Speights (when he returns), Williams, Kapono

Hey, this doesn't look like a bad lineup at all. Championship material? No where close, but it'll bring some excitement back into Sixer basketball, at the very least. At the very least it'll help put some butts into the seats. Like him or not, AI sells tickets. I think during the latter part of Iverson's stay in Philly, Sixer fans grew numb of him and stopped attending the games, but I'm sure if Ed brought him back, there would be a lot of initial excitement. I know for a fact that all the AI fanboys would be flocking back.

In all, signing AI to a one year deal would be nothing more than a move to fill the seats, and maybe get some attention for once by the sports media, in a city dominated by the Eagles, Phillies, and Flyers. But at this point, who cares? it's not like the team is going to do anything anyways, why not generate some buzz for the Sixers and sell some tickets? It's really pathetic how the Sixers, located in such a huge metropolis filled with die hard sports fans could garner so little attention and fan support. It just shows how boring the team really is.

I think at this point, you just gotta do whatever possible to bring some excitement back. One more year of AI wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Willie Green

• Owner

Zach Randolph is a selfish cancer that doesn't play defense, and doesn't even play basketball if he doesn't have the ball. Elton Brand is no Zach Randolph. Neither are true leading men, but Brand is nothing like Z-Bo.

He's more of a Randolph than he is a superstar player. Somewhere in another topic, I made sure to say he wasn't exactly like Zach, that he did do things better...but he's still an offensive-minded player that doesn't play much team ball and doesn't play defense, closer to Randolph than he is Duncan.

He's more of a Randolph than he is a superstar player. Somewhere in another topic, I made sure to say he wasn't exactly like Zach, that he did do things better...but he's still an offensive-minded player that doesn't play much team ball and doesn't play defense, closer to Randolph than he is Duncan.

Well, Zach Randolph is not the only alternative to being a superstar. You should never associate players who are actually good with Zach Randolph. Too many negative connotations.

Brand is the antithesis of a player like Randolph. All this about Brand not playing defense or team ball couldn't be further from the truth. He's made a career out of playing smart, efficient basketball on both sides of the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sick of this guy.

This team has no clue what defense is and this offense looks nothing like the Princeton offense.

He really needs to go but I dont see it happening this year.