Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Well you don't see their team getting injured at the rate the Phillies are, or at all for that matter.

And it's not only the Phillies, the Red Sox have also struggled with injuries with an older roster.

You make me laugh. Tell me the correlation between these injuries and age...

Chase Utley tears the ligament off his thumb by jamming it into 2nd base. Carlos Ruiz gets a concussion after being hit in the back of a head with a bat. Brian Schneider takes two foul tips off his thumb. Ryan Madson breaks his toe after kicking a chair. Antonio Bastardo is on the DL with an injured elbow, but oh wait, he is youngest player on the roster. Placido Polanco gets drilled in the elbow by a Tim Hudson fastball. Chad Durbin strains his hamstring by misplaying a bunt. The list is so long that I am probably forgetting one or two.

But yes, if you put your youthful Marlins in any of these situations, they are going down too. Please do your homework next time so I don't have to make you look like a dunce again.

Edited by Phightins

You make me laugh. Tell me the correlation between these injuries and age...

Chase Utley tears the ligament off his thumb by jamming it into 2nd base. Carlos Ruiz gets a concussion after being hit in the back of a head with a bat. Brian Schneider takes two foul tips off his thumb. Ryan Madson breaks his toe after kicking a chair. Antonio Bastardo is on the DL with an injured elbow, but oh wait, he is youngest player on the roster. Placido Polanco gets drilled in the elbow by a Tim Hudson fastball. Chad Durbin strains his hamstring by misplaying a bunt. The list is so long that I am probably forgetting one or two.

But yes, if you put your youthful Marlins in any of these situations, they are going down too. Please do your homework next time so I don't have to make you look like a dunce again.

Point in case? They're an older team with older bodies that are more prone to injuries, no matter how ridiculous they are.

And you should be happy Bastardo is on the DL, lol.

^^ They are all caused by ignorance? lol

The Madson one, yes. That one still baffles me, he should have been happy that he was getting a chance to be the closer since Lidge was out. And he did this after a game the Phillies won!

Point in case? They're an older team with older bodies that are more prone to injuries, no matter how ridiculous they are.

Freak injuries affect players of all ages, homez.

Freak injuries? The only one that wasn't a baseball injury was the Madson one, every other injury happened in the act of playing the game lol.

So, if a more youthful catcher was behind the plate instead of Carlos Ruiz, getting drilled in the head by a broken bat would not have given him a concussion? Or, if a more youthful base runner than Chase Utley would have jammed his thumb into 2nd base, it would not have caused an injury? If more youthful players than Brian Schneider or Placido Polanco get hit by foul tips/pitches, they are immune to injury? Dustin Pedroia fouled a ball off his foot and is out, and he is pretty young, so why is he on the DL?

So, if a more youthful catcher was behind the plate instead of Carlos Ruiz, getting drilled in the head by a broken bat would not have given him a concussion? Or, if a more youthful base runner than Chase Utley would have jammed his thumb into 2nd base, it would not have caused an injury? If more youthful players than Brian Schneider or Placido Polanco get hit by foul tips/pitches, they are immune to injury?

Yeah, probably.

And 27 is young? lol.

20 is young, not 27.

lol Broseph Goebbels, 20 year olds don't make the bigs. It is EXTREMELY rare. If you're a beast, 23/24 is your callup. Playing into your mid-late 30's is not uncommon. 27 is young, yes.

lol Broseph Goebbels, 20 year olds don't make the bigs. It is EXTREMELY rare. If you're a beast, 23/24 is your callup. Playing into your mid-late 30's is not uncommon. 27 is young, yes.

depends on your definition of young i guess, needless to say i'd rather have a 20 year old prospect then a 27 year old.

lol @ judging a player over a month's performance in which his average can go up or down .010 every game...

Did I say he was [expletive]?

Or did I say he wasn't ready?

Terrible response, btw... lol @ saying players are injured because they're older than 20.

lol @ judging a player over a month's performance in which his average can go up or down .010 every game...

He is not ready, and it goes beyond those numbers. Any other organization and he doesn't make the jump from AA to the bigs. That is a disaster waiting to happen.