Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Damn, what's up with the Phillies bullpen?

Brad Lidge, Jose Contreras, and Chad Durbin have been fantastic this season, so they get a pass for yesterday. Danys Baez does not, and I am counting down the days until he is DFA'd.

Matchups for Indians series....

Tomorrow: Mitch Talbot @ Jamie Moyer

Wednesday: Jake Westbrook @ Kyle Kendrick

Thursday: Fausto Carmona @ Joe Blanton

Finally, the schedule lightens up a bit.

At least the injury situation appears to be clearing up. J-Roll will be activated this week, perhaps even tonight. JA Happ has made a couple rehab starts. None have been particularly impressive, but physically he says he is fine, which is great news. And Ryan Madson is apparently ahead of schedule. Those are the 3 main guys we need back.

Jimmy Rollins activated, Carlos Ruiz to the DL, Greg Dobbs DFAd, Mike Zagurski called up.

Obviously bad news about Ruiz. And I feel bad for Dobbs. Great dude, huge part of the World Series team. But he has been so bad this year, so I definitely saw this coming.

And obviously, fantastic news about J-Roll.

Not too bad to be one game back in the lost column in the division right now, considering how horrible they have been for most of the past month and a half or so.

Anyway, this weekend is our "away" series against Toronto. I am hoping to go to one of the games, I am curious as to how far they will take this "Blue Jays are the home team" thing.

Matchups:

Tomorrow: Roy Halladay vs. Jesse Litsch

Saturday: Cole Hamels vs. Shaun Marcum

Sunday: Jamie Moyer vs. Brett Cecil

Well, as I have said in the past, I am not going to try to convince anybody that having an extra 3 home games is fair by any means, but I am also not shedding a tear for the Braves or Mets (especially the Braves). They have far weaker interleague schedules.

With that said, they did a lot to make the Jays feel like the "home team"....it was kind of humorous actually. The Jays batters had their walk-up music played for them, and between innings they played the videos and promotions that they do in Toronto. And, there were a ton of Jays fans (surprisingly). Obviously way more Phillies fans though.

But again, I am not trying to fool anyone, it was essentially a Phillies home game, just a very very strange one.