Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

When did I say that? If I recall correctly from five minutes ago, I said I'd rather have a 20 year old prospect over a 27 year old prospect.

You perplex me. Also you mad.

lol there are 27 year old prospects? Shelley Duncan?

yes.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/2006/11/03/iJClECYk.jpg

I am not sure who that is, but if you are 27 years old and still sitting in the minor leagues, with very few exceptions you are not a "prospect". They have other words for that.

But wait, the Phillies wouldn't know what a 1B who can hit for average.

Oh, Gaby Sanchez. He is still a prospect?

And, I will take Ryan Howard and his .950 career OPS, please and thank you.

Oh, Gaby Sanchez. He is still a prospect?

And, I will take Ryan Howard and his .950 career OPS, please and thank you.

And his 80 SO's this season too, right?

Not too mention OPS his down almost .100 this season from his career average lol.

Edited by HipHopHead

And is 80 SO's this season too, right?

Yup. You can have your punch and judy slap hitting 1st baseman, I'll take the guy with the 22nd best career OPS in MLB history.

And actually, Ryan Howard is only striking out once every (roughly) 4 at bats this season, which is down from his career average of about once every 3 at bats. And his OPS is down from his career norm. Batting average up, OBP down. He has a different approach this year. Higher batting average and less strikeouts, but less production. Still having a very good year, but aggressive Ryan Howard (with all of those strikeouts) is one of the most dangerous hitters in the game.

Interesting lineup tonight....

Rollins SS

Ibanez LF

Werth CF

Howard 1B

Francisco RF

Dobbs 3B

Valdez 2B

Sardinha C

Moyer P

And apparently Brian Schneider has been seen walking around with some sort of cast on his hand. I guess his injury is worse than initially thought.

Interesting lineup tonight....

Rollins SS

Ibanez LF

Werth CF

Howard 1B

Francisco RF

Dobbs 3B

Valdez 2B

Sardinha C

Moyer P

And apparently Brian Schneider has been seen walking around with some sort of cast on his hand. I guess his injury is worse than initially thought.

Gee Willigers Phightins, that's one UGLY lineup :)

Dobbs might be one of the worst bench players ever.

This year, maybe. But the worst bench player ever wouldn't have led the league in pinch hits 2 years ago.

Well I'm just glad the Phillies took Gload...

You don't miss having the league's 2009 leading pinch hitter?

He would have been start to stay with the Marlins. Way more at-bats for him there. Hard for him (or any other bench player) to get into any sort of rhythm when they are only getting 5 or 6 ABs a week. He and Ben Francisco are both getting victimized by that this year.

Edited by Phightins

You don't miss having the league's 2009 leading pinch hitter?

He would have been start to stay with the Marlins. Way more at-bats for him there. Hard for him (or any other bench player) to get into any sort of rhythm when they are only getting 5 or 6 ABs a week. He and Ben Francisco are both getting victimized by that this year.

Well losing him opened up the spot for Sanchez, which I'm happy about. He's arguably the offensive rookie of the year thus far in the NL (waits for Braves fans to rant).

This is funny...

Matt Gelb from the Inquirer points out that the top 3 hitters in the Pirates lineup tonight (Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, and Andrew McCutchen) were born after Jamie Moyer made his MLB debut.

Jose Contreras has an ERA over 8 in his last 12 games. Ouch.

Honestly Durbin and Madson being out might be a bigger deal than Utley and Polanco being out (well, maybe not, but it's closer than people are saying).

Welp, it is July 4th, and I think it is safe to say that the season rides on this series with the Braves.

Tomorrow: Derek Lowe @ Roy Halladay

Tuesday: Jair Jurrjens @ Cole Hamels

Wednesday: Kris Medlen @ Jamie Moyer