Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Matchups for Reds series...

Tonight: Kyle Kendrick @ Johnny Cueto

Tomorrow: Joe Blanton @ Mike Leake

Wednesday: Roy Halladay @ Aaron Harang

Edited by Phightins

Iron Pigs game is on MLB Network right now. Cool to see Dom Brown on TV. Which brings me to another point. He might be the top prospect in baseball right now, since basically everyone who has been ranked above him is now in the Major Leagues. I'd be shocked if Dom isn't in the Majors in September.

But there is good news today...

Dom Brown is now ranked as Keith Law's top prospect on ESPN. [expletive] Keith Law, but this is one thing he is good at.

Anddddd it's official. Chase Utley and Placido Polanco both to the DL, Greg Dobbs and Brian Bocock called up.

RIP 2010 season? I'm usually very optimistic about my teams, but this might be the final straw with this one.

Also...Brian Bocock has a .470 OPS this season.....in AAA.

Edited by Phightins

Up 6-3 with 2 outs in the 9th and nobody on base, and Brad Lidge gives up 2 hits and then a 3 run homer to Joey Votto to tie it.

It's been that kind of day I guess.

Edited by Phightins

Up 6-3 with 2 outs in the 9th and nobody on base, and Brad Lidge gives up 2 hits and then a 3 run homer to Joey Votto to tie it.

It's been that kind of day I guess.

True but you scored your 6 runs on hrs from Schnieder and Valdez lol, how bout those former Mets getting it done

As for your comparisons, still an injury or 2 off, 1 injury if utleys injury is serious, 2 if it isnt

I like Valdez. Double play machine, but he is a hell of a fielder. 2B, 3B, SS, he has been super impressive everywhere they've put him. And he is a much better hitter than Abraham Nunez or Eric Bruntlett, so not terrible for a utility infielder and certainly an improvement over what we've had here in the last 4 or 5 years in that department. Just unfortunate that he is basically a starter right now, lol.

Edited by Phightins

That was rough...

Matchups for Pirates series:

Tomorrow: Cole Hamels @ Daniel McCutchen

Friday: Jamie Moyer @ Ross Ohlendorf

Saturday: Kyle Kendrick @ Paul Maholm

Sunday: Joe Blanton @ Jeff Karstens

This team has so many goddamned issues right now. Starting to wonder if it will be too much to overcome. Obviously the big one now is the Chase Utley injury, and how nobody seems to know how long he will be out for. The fact that he has been looking for second and third opinions today does not sound too terribly good though.

Other issues:

-JA Happ. This is probably the longest "rehab assignment" of all time. His velocity is apparently stuck at 85 mph on his fastball right now, which is a significant dropoff from his norm (90-91). For a guy who relies on his fastball as much as he does, that is very very worrisome. If he can't come back, they need to trade for a starting pitcher even more desperately.

-Who the hell is the closer? Brad Lidge looked awesome for a brief while, but he has an ERA over 13 in his last few appearances. Can Charlie afford to keep him in that role as long as he did last year? I don't think so.

-All the other key injuries. Placido Polanco, Carlos Ruiz, Ryan Madson, Antonio Bastardo, and Chad Durbin.

-Who are they going to trade for? What do you address first, the pitching, or finding an infielder (depending on how long Utley and Polanco will be out for)? If the answer to that is "a long time", and Happ doesn't miraculously find his velocity, the answer is clearly both. Obviously, a playoff team cannot have half of its starting infield made up of Greg Dobbs and Wilson Valdez.

Sure I am missing a few. This is so [expletive]ing frustrating. Ruben, you have many doubters right now (myself included), so now is the time to win some support back. You have [expletive]ed this team up enough in your tenure thus far, so you now need to prove yourself.

Edited by Phightins