New York Yankees 2010

Teletopez

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sabathia can obviously go on short rest, but Pettitte probably can't anymore, and who knows with Hughes. I'd assume that's why this is happening.

Probably. I highly doubt we sweep whoever we play so I understand why Girardi would make this move. Burnett just isn't nearly as solid as he was last year though so that's why I'm skeptical about it.

Well Lee won't be throwing until game 3 so that's huge for us. I won't feel comfortable in this series unless we take those first 2 games in Arlington and head home to face Lee with a 2-0 lead.

Edited by Flash

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest on the Derek Jeter contract situation? Do you think that'll get settled quickly after the WS?

Cashman sounded pretty confident about bringing him back. I wouldn't expect talks to take too long if they do re-sign him. We should be hearing news soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So what now?

Throw money at high upside guys coming off injury, like Brandon Webb/CMW/Justin Duscherer?

Try and trade for an easily attainable arm, like a Derek Lowe?

Hope that fat boy Joba can condition himself to be a starter?

One given is that Cashman will be groveling at Pettitte's feet to return.

IDK. Just don't want to see them trade Montero for a pitcher in a scramble move.