New York Mets 2010

fish7718

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Reyes trade rumors irk me, why would we deal Jose? :(

Because the team is terrible, and doesn't look to be improving any time soon. Nobody should be untouchable. If a trade can vastly improve the team, you consider it.

Because the team is terrible, and doesn't look to be improving any time soon. Nobody should be untouchable. If a trade can vastly improve the team, you consider it.

Def does look to improving soon, and Reyes is 27, are you considering getting younger? That's just dumb.

Def does look to improving soon, and Reyes is 27, are you considering getting younger? That's just dumb.

I think you are being incredibly narrow minded here. I understand your love of Reyes. If the Phillies were in a similar spot, I would hate to see them trade Chase Utley, or something similar. All I am saying is that the Mets should be open minded. They may very well not get a worthwhile offer for Reyes. But to just say "ok we are not listening to offers for this guy period" is incredibly dumb, IMO. They are not in a position to do that. If someone blows them away with an offer, I don't see why you wouldn't want to consider it.

I think you are being incredibly narrow minded here. I understand your love of Reyes. If the Phillies were in a similar spot, I would hate to see them trade Chase Utley, or something similar. All I am saying is that the Mets should be open minded. They may very well not get a worthwhile offer for Reyes. But to just say "ok we are not listening to offers for this guy period" is incredibly dumb, IMO. They are not in a position to do that. If someone blows them away with an offer, I don't see why you wouldn't want to consider it.

Obviously if a team blows us away with an offer, than I'd consider that, I don't see that happening for a guy that has only played 169 games in the past 2 years with a .760 ops

• 1 month later...