New York Mets 2010

fish7718

Braves (8-7) @ Mets (7-9)

April 23rd 7:10 PM: Kenshin Kawakami (0-2) 4.91 ERA Vs John Maine (0-1) 10.38 ERA WIN 5-2 | WP: Hisanori Takahashi (1-1) | LP: Kenshin Kawakami (0-3) | Save: Francisco Rodriguez (2) | Mets player of the game: Hisanori Takahashi (1)

April 24th 1:10 PM: Jair Jurrjens (0-1) 6.06 ERA Vs Jon Niese (0-1, 4.32) WIN 3-1 | WP: Manny Acosta (1-0) | LP: Jair Jurrjens (0-2) | Save: Francisco Rodriguez (3) | Mets player of the game: Jason Bay (2)

April 25th 8:05 PM: Tommy Hanson (1-1) 2.81 ERA Vs Mike Pelfrey (3-0) 0.86 ERA WIN 1-0 (6) | WP: Mike Pelfrey (4-0) | LP: Tommy Hanson (1-2) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Mike Pelfrey (2)

Edited by Fish7718

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how sweep it is! :glasses: Awesome time for a rain shortend win, I was scared when Pelf came out, Takahashi Nieve and K-rod were probably all unavailable and I've seen Chipper play late inning heroics too often.

Tempting but I don't know if I want to get vomited on ;), I'd actually get a couple guys together and make the trip if finals week wasn't in 2 weeks, over the summer I will.

id probably be with phightins and diesel if it the game is between may 12 and june (gone for the rest of the summer after june 20)

Yeahs ill def try to make it down to Philly my friend said it's a really nice ballpark and it looks it. Uhm Bounding wanna send those tickets to me???? :glasses:

Game got rained out tonight 4:00 PM 7:00 PM double header tomorrow night :)

:glasses: First place all to ourselves headed down to Philly, if @ 2-6 you told me the Mets would be in first at the end of April I would have laughed at you. [expletive]ing Werth tieing up the Giants game, [expletive] was foul, feed bad for Lincecum.

:glasses: First place all to ourselves headed down to Philly, if @ 2-6 you told me the Mets would be in first at the end of April I would have laughed at you. [expletive]ing Werth tieing up the Giants game, [expletive] was foul, feed bad for Lincecum.

No it was certainly fair. Luckily for you, this bullpen is such a mess right now that rule 5 pick David Herndon is pitching the 9th inning of a tie game...

April 27th 4:10 PM: Hiroki Kuroda (2-0) ERA Vs Johan Santana (2-1) 2.59 ERA WIN 4-0 | WP: Johan Santana (3-1) | LP: Hiroki Kuroda (2-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Johan Santana (4)

April 27th 7:40 PM: Charlie Haeger (0-2) 6.46 ERA Vs Oliver Perez (0-2) 3.71 ERA WIN 10-5 | WP: Hisanori Takahasi (2-1) | LP: Charlie Haeger (0-3) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: David Wright (4)

April 28th John Ely Vs John Maine, RHP (0-1) 8.64 ERA* WIN 7-3 | WP: John Maine (1-1) | LP: John Ely (0-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: John Maine (1)

April 30th 7:05 PM: Jon Niese (0-1) 3.68 ERA Vs Kyle Kendrick (0-0) 7.71 ERA WIN 9-1 | WP: Jon Niese (1-1) | LP: Kyle Kendrick (0-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Jon Niese (1)

May 1st 3:10 PM: Mike Pelfrey (4-0) 0.69 ERA Vs Roy Halladay (4-1) 1.80 ERA LOSS 10-0 | WP: Roy Halladay (5-1) | LP: Mike Pelfrey (4-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: David Wright (5)

May 2nd 8:05 PM: Johan Santana (3-1) 2.08 ERA Vs Jamie Moyer (2-2) 5.25 ERA | WP: | LP: | Save: Mets player of the game:

Edited by Fish7718

Mets 4th team in this history of MLB to be down 5 games in April and enter May with 1st place all to themselves. Just lost it, disapointing but it's May we'll hang around. Johan isn't going to pitch like that every night, I'd rather him do it in May than September. On to Cincy, back to some weak teams.

With Oliver going tomorrow and Dillion Gee having another good outting in AAA tonight I wouldn't be surprised if Oli gets moved to the pen if he struggles this start, and def if struggles the next start...funny how Gee and Oli have similar throw days, like we planned it.

Edited by Fish7718

Mets 4th team in this history of MLB to be down 5 games in April and enter May with 1st place all to themselves. Just lost it, disapointing but it's May we'll hang around. Johan isn't going to pitch like that every night, I'd rather him do it in May than September. On to Cincy, back to some weak teams.

congrats and all, but first place in april and may mean absolutely nothing

Rather be in first in April and May than back 12 games and having to claw back through the rest of the season... Doesn't mean your season is set, but it's a nice position to be in.

Honestly, I hate to say it, but the Mets are actually solid this year. I do not like their pitching at all outside of Santana, but that lineup is very very strong, and will only be better when Beltran gets back (although that might be a good thing for the Phillies, considering how much Angel Pagan kills us).

Agreed I'm just saying it because of what Bounding just said, a lot of people said the Mets were done when they were 2-6 (not talking about you guys) but New York fans over react about everything (which is why now they are saying we suck and Santana sucks)

Rather be in first in April and May than back 12 games and having to claw back through the rest of the season... Doesn't mean your season is set, but it's a nice position to be in.

:), exactly it was just nice to see this team bounce out of that slump

Honestly, I hate to say it, but the Mets are actually solid this year. I do not like their pitching at all outside of Santana, but that lineup is very very strong, and will only be better when Beltran gets back (although that might be a good thing for the Phillies, considering how much Angel Pagan kills us).

Exactly what I've been trying to say, the teams weak spot is it's rotation, which is why I said this team is WS contender if the starting pitching steps up, Pagan reminds me a lot of Victorino, just less consistent, little slower.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome win tonight, Dickey dominates the Phills, Valdes has the 3 inning save + the rbi double lmao. People don't understand just how important Reyes is to the Mets, easily the most important player on our roster. The Mets are 15-4 this year when Reyes scores a run, thats incredible, I think the stat was 97-26 when he scores 2 or more runs. No surprise he is 9-24 over the past 5 games and the Mets are 4-1 in those games. Most important thing, Niese threw a good lucking pen today, Beltran is running with no pain and is slated for a mid-June return, and we are at .500.

BTW - I [expletive]ing hate McClellan he is the most annoying home plate ump ever, blew the Victorino call, almost cost us a run. I'm so pissed he has to ump Mets-Phillies game, why would anyone give this guy a rivalry game?

Edited by Fish7718

"and with 8 minutes to midnight the Mets complete the goose egg sweep" - Gary Cohen

:wub:

That was [expletive]in AWESOME! :D

Pelf is a beast, 7-1, whew awesome awesome awesome, 2 games out of first