USA vs Canada Hockey

Guest The Situation

The amount of pure talent that the Canadian team was just too much for a team that had way more heart, but just doesn't have quite the same talent.

I hope the U.S. can pump out a couple more high end talents, so that the U.S. can be a big threat next Olympics.

Also, the Canadian team won in SPITE of Roberto Luongo, not because of him.

He played like absolutely [expletive], seriously.

• Like 1

Bleh, I mean do the olympics really even matter anymore???

Are you kidding me? The olympics top any sport in this world. Each person comes together and cheers on their country together and it brings all the countries together. The summer and winter olympics are just an amazing thing and if they are in your country, its usually a once in a life time experience to be there and witness this.

The amount of pure talent that the Canadian team was just too much for a team that had way more heart, but just doesn't have quite the same talent.

I hope the U.S. can pump out a couple more high end talents, so that the U.S. can be a big threat next Olympics.

I don't think he played like absolute [expletive], he wasn't very good, the second goal can be considered his fault if you want, but the first one wasn't. He made the necessary saves, he didn't play as well as Ryan Miller, but he stopped the shots he needed to. Certainly not his playoff form, or what he's capable of, but it's probably better then what Blowdeur could've put out there.

I don't think he played like absolute [expletive], he wasn't very good, the second goal can be considered his fault if you want, but the first one wasn't. He made the necessary saves, he didn't play as well as Ryan Miller, but he stopped the shots he needed to. Certainly not his playoff form, or what he's capable of, but it's probably better then what Blowdeur could've put out there.

Blowdeur....I like it lol. I will have to remember that one.

Well I believe MAF could have won this tournament and so could have Broduer but it's all about moments. Roberto didn't play great but he also didn't play amazing either. Easily could have lost against the Slovaks because of him but in the end he won it and though he didn't win the game verse USA, he also didn't create an uphill battle.

Ryan Miller is a great goaltender but he's done nothing huge and that's also not all his fault either. He's played for Buffalo which says a lot and now plays for USA with a less than talented defense. If anyone failed for USA it's Ron Wilson's coaching in the first period which gave up those two goals. I tip my hat to the Americans players because they did what many didn't.

As for Canada, we had too many clones and not enough tough grinders who hit and are willing to put their body in the net. It's also not bad that we finish with a gold finding that out though but will face an up hill battle next Olympics with the Russians.

Overall the hockey was amazing. I've never seen a more balanced tournament in my life including world juniors and everything because each team made every game close which made for an awesome tournament.

Also gotta add that my father called the game winning goal. He was joking around saying Crosby does nothing all tournament yet he will score the winner and everyone will love him. He came close on a break away which got us laughing and then he scores the ugliest overtime goal ever, haha.

Now all the Canadian players get to go back to the U.S. and collect their paychecks.

I'm happy Canada won. After seeing how tragic they were after losing to the U.S. in the World Baseball Classic, they deserve this.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Now all the Canadian players get to go back to the U.S. and collect their paychecks.

I'm happy Canada won. After seeing how tragic they were after losing to the U.S. in the World Baseball Classic, they deserve this.

You just compared the WBC to this... wtf

• Owner

Called the Kid's goal. I forgot the game was even on, flipped to it right when Team USA scored with 24 to go, and once it went into OT, I flipped it back to the Lakers/Nuggets and called it then.

Once I turned the channel back, the game was already over, and they were getting ready to receive the medals. I figured sudden death would last a little longer.

i agree. the fact the USA could even keep up was amazing. canada had so much more skill and depth then every other team, it wasnt even close.

im excited for the US in the next olympics and on though. they have an incredibly young team with guys like kane, parise, and ryan. plus there are a few guys like JVR who didnt make it this year but will in the future.

Guest Need4Sheed

What the hell?

You sound like you would of rather had them win.

I agree with ECN. I was very, very impressed with team USA. There were at least 4 teams with far more talent than them, yet they still won silver, as well as beating Canada once and taking them to OT another time. Very impressive. Brian Burke did a fantastic job putting this team together. Great blend of skill, size, and grit. And having the best goaltender in the NHL didn't hurt either.

Hopefully James van Riemsdyk can lead team USA to gold in 2014!

Also...

I heard this game had a higher television rating than any World Series game since 2004, any Final Four game ever, and any NBA Finals game since 1998. Here is to hoping that some of this carries over to the NHL. Hopefully some of the casual hockey fans (or non-hockey fans who just happened to watch) realize that the NHL postseason is just as exciting. It's really a shame that the NHL isn't on ESPN anymore. There are so many people who do not get Versus.

Also...

I heard this game had a higher television rating than any World Series game since 2004, any Final Four game ever, and any NBA Finals game since 1998. Here is to hoping that some of this carries over to the NHL. Hopefully some of the casual hockey fans (or non-hockey fans who just happened to watch) realize that the NHL postseason is just as exciting. It's really a shame that the NHL isn't on ESPN anymore. There are so many people who do not get Versus.

I think the NHL post season is the most exciting out of all sports because anyone can truly win as long as you hustle and build chemistry at the right time like the US.

I think the NHL post season is the most exciting out of all sports because anyone can truly win as long as you hustle and build chemistry at the right time like the US.

I agree. The NHL postseason is absolutely my favorite postseason of any sport.

I agree the NHL post-season is the best of the four major leagues and is there with March Madness. I could argue either way for NHL or March Madness but both are spectacular that i'll just say I enjoy them soooo much.

Also...

there were probably a ton of people just flipping through channels and watched some hockey on NBC, this cant happen when all of your games are on versus. the nhl needs to do something about it. get on espn, or even some other major network like tnt or something. they just have change how it is now