Source: Odom, Lakers agree on deal (Pg. 14)

Anybody know if this is the the real Kobe Bryant from Twitter. Cause LA Times blog that blogs about Lakers used this in there blog about the Lamar Odom thing

And if it's Kobe real Twitter here is what he said

Edited by magicbalala245

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple reports indicate that the Miami Heat are trying to acquire Lamar Odom and trade for Carlos Boozer. If Pat Riley can pull that off, Miami would have a super starting lineup of Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade, Odom, Boozer and Jermaine O'Neal. The Heat would instantly become title contenders and have one of the best starting fives in the league.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/story/838976.html

Ouch Odom. That would make sense I am just wondering how they are gonna match the remainder of Boozers Salary?

• Owner

Utah is screwing over the Heat. They are asking for too much in a sign-and-trade for Boozer, and that's not allowing Miami to give anything for Odom, who may also want a sign-and-trade (to give him $10 million a year).

I just can't see Odom taking the MLE. Doesn't matter the contract length. If he's going to Miami, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did, it'll be through a sign-and-trade.

Utah is screwing over the Heat. They are asking for too much in a sign-and-trade for Boozer, and that's not allowing Miami to give anything for Odom, who may also want a sign-and-trade (to give him $10 million a year).

I just can't see Odom taking the MLE. Doesn't matter the contract length. If he's going to Miami, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did, it'll be through a sign-and-trade.

We'll found out today see if Odom has signed with Miami or not.

• Owner
AM830 Roger Lodge says his sources say Lamar met with Dr. Buss in a room and will stay with the Lakers for 4 years/$40M

via someone's Twitter.

And from another member at TLN...

John Ireland was on ESPN Radio saying last night that he spoke to people close in the organization, and he said he left having a good feeling that Lamar will end up staying a Laker.

I'm pretty sure he's staying, if we're really going to give him a 4/40.

Things looking up for Lamar Odom and the Lakers

Some pleasant news this morning from Brian Kamenetzky of the L.A. Times Lakers Blog.

According to BK, it appears as if Lamar Odom will more than likely be a member of the Los Angeles Lakers once again.

The link also has a picture of possibly the cutest kitten in the world for absolutely no reason, so he has to be telling the truth.

No official word from the Odom camp, but a deal seems to be imminent. Here's what BK had to say:

Nobody I spoke with [at the Las Vegas Summer League], from coaches to agents to other members of the media, expects Odom to leave the Lakers...

Odom doesn't have a substantially better offer to which he can turn, and while Dr. Buss is a tough, shrewd businessman, he's also reasonable enough to see that refusing to re-open negotiations on similar terms amounts to cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Good news for Laker fans, who have already seen the departure of Trevor Ariza, one of the key components to the Lakers championship run of 2009. With Ron Artest being a wild card, it would be nice to have (I can't believe I'm saying this) the consistency of Lamar Odom back in the lineup if the Lakers want to repeat.

http://www.examiner.com/x-955-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Examiner~y2009m7d21-Things-looking-up-for-Lamar-Odom-and-the-Lakers?cid=exrss-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Examiner

Edit: 100th post in Lakers Section :)

Edited by The Goods

Just a few blocks of text next time, bro, and link to the rest. Forums can actually get into trouble posting full articles that are not written by their own staff.

But I'm quoting the News Paper though? Anyways here is the latest on LO

• Owner

But I'm quoting the News Paper though?

It doesn't matter. The LA Times wants people to read their articles using their newspaper OR their website, mainly because they make ad money off the visits they get.

Well, there's no reason to even click that link and visit their site if the entire article is posted here, and that's why we can get into trouble.