Source: Odom, Lakers agree on deal (Pg. 14)

Found this is a in a Hoops World chat with Jason Fleming this is very interesting

Edited by magicbalala245

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miami Offering Same Money As Lakers To Odom

Pat Riley confirmed that the Heat have been in talks with Lamar Odom and have prepared an offer that matches what the Lakers have put on the table, when accounting for Florida's lack of state income tax and other options regarding payments.

During a private discussion with season ticket holders, Riley also said that their goal of attracting a top 2010 talent remains their most important.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60631/20090717/miami_offering_same_money_as_lakers_to_odom/

Edited by The Goods

Wade tell's Odom "come home"

http://blog.newsok.com/gossip/files/2009/01/dwyane-wade.jpg

Dwyane Wade spent much of his rookie season picking Lamar Odom's brain on all aspects of the NBA game, everything from playing tips to travel advice. He hopes those chats start again soon.

The Miami Heat, who traded Odom to the Los Angeles Lakers five years ago in the trade that brought Shaquille O'Neal to South Florida, have made the free agent forward an offer to return and help Wade once again. The team has not revealed terms of the offer, although it's believed to be a five-year package that could be worth around $35 million.

"I want Lamar to do what's best for him and his family because we love him as family, but on the other hand, we want him back home, to come home," Wade said Friday in a telephone interview. "His house is still there. It'd be exciting to see what happens."

Odom averaged 17.1 points — the second-highest average of his career — in 80 games with the Heat during the 2003-04 season. He's spent the past five years with the Lakers, who pulled their contract offer to Odom earlier this week, a move that doesn't necessarily mean the two sides won't resume talking. Odom, 29, was a significant contributor to the Lakers' championship run this year.

The Heat went 42-40 that season with Odom, winning 17 of their final 21 regular-season games and earning the No. 4 spot in the Eastern Conference. That summer, Miami traded Caron Butler, Brian Grant and Odom to the Lakers for O'Neal, who helped Wade and the Heat win a championship two years later Wade, who has asked the Heat to make some roster upgrades with hopes of getting back to the championship level, said he doesn't need to call Odom to lobby for his return.

"Lamar already knows how I feel," Wade said. "I really don't know how to feel. He's really taken time to deal with it, sit back. It's a very important decision in his life. It could be about where he ends his career."

The Heat have also been linked to a potential trade involving Utah forward Carlos Boozer, another close friend of Wade and his teammate from the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Friday that Miami "has not entered talks ... but is monitoring" the Boozer situation.

Over his 10-year career, the versatile 6-foot-10 Odom has averaged 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds.

"Lamar and I always had a great relationship," Wade said. "He's always been the guy, one of the guys, that I thought really helped me as a young player."

• Owner

Odom, Vujacic, Farmar, Brown, Morrison, Mbenga, Fisher, Walton, Powell and Yue for Blake Griffin and fillers.

We get Griffin, sign a ton of minimums, and the Clippers get 10 champions.

Odom Could Sign Five-Year Deal With Heat

Lamar Odom could sign a five-year deal with the Heat worth all of the team's mid-level exception, according to sources close to the process.

The deal would be worth $34 million and could include an option for Odom to hit the free agent market again in three year's time.

The Lakers possess Odom's Bird rights, which means that the Heat can't match the $9 million annual salary that Los Angeles offered prior to the team's decision to retract the offer.

The comparable three-year deals, with Odom's option to hit free agency in Miami after three seasons, aren't all that different though.

He would have made $27 million with the Lakers, and would earn $19 million over the first three years of the proposed five-year contract with the Heat.

That $8 million difference, however, isn't as vast as it seems. The absence of state taxes in Florida would represent close to an extra $1 million annually.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60651/20090718/odom_could_sign_five_year_deal_with_heat/

Lamar Odom is still without a team

Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles TimesLamar Odom catches his breath during a break in the playoffs.

Veteran's status is the same after team pulls offer off the table.

By Broderick Turner

July 19, 2009

Another day has gone by and Lamar Odom remains a free agent without a team.

The Lakers lost interest and pulled their deal off the table when Odom and his agent didn't respond quickly enough to the offer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-odom19-2009jul19,0,2136246.story

I trust Buss. He will make the right decision. His championships and record speak for itself. He knows what he's doing. Trust me.

If LO leaves, we'll have a backup plan. Maybe a trade with Morrison+Farmar? 7 million in expirings!

Hopefully. Maybe he is gonna get someone like Pau Gasol Again.

Artest lobbying for Odom

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090708/capt.11fceb22e4b34d1c8cc1aa7103a20e79.lakers_artest_basketball_la107.jpg

Now that he's a Laker, Queensbridge product Ron Artest is lobbying for the defending NBA champs.

The former St. John's star says he has reached out to fellow Queens star Lamar Odom, who has yet to re-sign with L.A. and turned down a four-year, $36 million offer. And Artest thinks their home-borough connection will do the trick.

"I hope that helps," said Artest, who drew a crowd as he made an impromptu appearance with the Queensbridge team in the Hoops in the Sun tournament at Orchard Beach in the Bronx Saturday. "I hope he comes back to play with us. I already reached out to him and will (again)."

Artest's remarks came on the heels of Heat superstar Dwyane Wade telling The Associated Press earlier in the week that he wants Odom "back home (in Miami)." Odom and Wade were Heat teammates in 2003-04.

Artest also told the Daily News that before he inked his five-year, $33 million deal with the Lakers earlier this month, he gave heavy consideration to signing with LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"It was close (to happening), but the Lakers showed more interest," Artest said. "They're my boys (James and O'Neal), though. Shaq is still my boy. I'm looking forward to playing with Kobe and going after a championship."

Saturday, Artest continued his tear on New York City's streetball circuit, playing the second half with the Queensbridge team. It's fitting since he has a "Q" tattooed on his right leg and a "B" on his left, never forgetting where he came from. Artest scored 12 points, although Hoop Street beat Queensbridge, 68-63.

And Artest wasn't worried about playing in a pickup game despite having recently signed a new contract.

"I've been playing for years ... I just like to stay in shape," he said. "I love the game."

Artest appeared in many of the city's streetball hotbeds earlier in the week and told Hoops in the Sun organizers that he'll return for their all-star game at Orchard Beach today.

Edited by magicbalala245

I hope he doesn't go back to the Lakers, but I got a gut feeling that he will.

I hope you gut feeling is right. And I just for you to know the way Odom rebounds the ball and takes it coast to coast with LA sometimes if he were to do that on GSW he would easily average 20 & 15.