General Baseball Thread

Phightins

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the best catcher in baseball and probably one of the more recognizable and popular players in the league.

Look, I'm not trying to insult you or Minnesota or the Twins. But, when a fan voting is pitting a team with a national fan base like the Yankees or Red Sox against a team with a local fan base like the Twins, there's going to be a disadvantage for guys who deserve it against guys who are, rightfully or not, more popular.

Morneau is playing as a better first basemen than Texeira, this year..... Hell, better than Pujols this year, too. As for being recognizable, you'd think the Canadians would vote for him. :P

There's no insult to that. If there should be any insult, it should be towards the fans who vote for players WHO DON'T deserve to be in the all-star game. I just hope Texeira has the respect to let Morneau start, if Texeira wins it.

I understand how the voting works. I'm just pointing out how pathetic people can be when it comes to voting for the wrong players.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Morneau is playing as a better first basemen than Texeira, this year..... Hell, better than Pujols this year, too. As for being recognizable, you'd think the Canadians would vote for him. :P

There's no insult to that. If there should be any insult, it should be towards the fans who vote for players WHO DON'T deserve to be in the all-star game. I just hope Texeira has the respect to let Morneau start, if Texeira wins it.

I understand how the voting works. I'm just pointing out how pathetic people can be when it comes to voting.

It always sucks when it's your guys getting screwed, but unfortunately that's how fan voting works. The All Star starters are rarely the guys who deserve it, but rather they are the big names from the big markets. If you allow fans to vote the starters in that is how it will always be.

Morneau is playing crazy outstanding first base this year. I'm not arguing this, he should start in every universe possible.

I understand how the voting works. I'm just pointing out how pathetic people can be when it comes to voting for the wrong players.

Yeah, I agree with you.. it just seemed you took a little offense when I said what I said; I meant no insult, just that Minnesota isn't on the level of a NYY or BOS and therefore guys are going to get [expletive]ed as long as it's a popularity contest; I hope something changes, fan voting is awful.

It's frustrating to watch when it's happening, but looking back, it's pretty funny seeing how many calls C.B. Bucknor is wrong about at first base. Off the top of my head, he messed up on at least one, possibly two, calls in the first game of the Yankees-Indians series. He got two wrong in the same Red Sox-Angels playoff game last season. I also remember him incorrectly calling Gary Sheffield out at first base and throwing him out a few years ago in a Yankees-Mets game.

Sad to see Ken Griffey Jr. leave the game, but it was seriously time to retire. One of the greatest players ever, first ballot Hall of Fame for sure. Especially since he has never been associated with steroids. Good-bye.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2009/04/15/2009066610.jpg

If the score in the Indians-Tigers game doesn't change, it's the third 1-0 win in two days. Edit: scratch that.

If Galaragga goes on to pitch the perfect game, it's the third in the last month! Unbelievable. Edit #2: scratch that.

Galaragga only has 3 K's, so his pitch count is at only 75 after 8 innings.

Edited by Waldo

I can't believe what just happened in Tigrs Indians poor Galaraga how terrible to blow the last call of the perfect game, that is one of the worst calls of all time, guarantee instant replay is added now