General Baseball Thread

Phightins

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I benched Ricky Nolasco since he had a rough start to his season and I figured the Phillies would destroy his ERA. Instead, he goes the distance allowing one run.

Also, I'm on the verge of making a trade with my friend that will bring me Ubaldo Jimenez. I've been trying to make this trade for days now. He was going to accept it today. I'm hoping he doesn't notice the no-hitter before clicking accept.

I benched Ricky Nolasco since he had a rough start to his season and I figured the Phillies would destroy his ERA. Instead, he goes the distance allowing one run.

Also, I'm on the verge of making a trade with my friend that will bring me Ubaldo Jimenez. I've been trying to make this trade for days now. He was going to accept it today. I'm hoping he doesn't notice the no-hitter before clicking accept.

Sorta tough to overlook that.

So, I watched the first 4 innings of this game on TV, left and went to the Phillies game (got there 45 minutes before the first pitch too, no less). And now here I am, back from the Phillies game, and this is still on TV. One of the many reasons I love baseball.

And after 7 hours of baseball the Mets finally beat the Cardinals 2-1 in the 20th innings. K-Rod gets the win, Joe Mather gets the loss, Pelfrey picks up the save...unbelieveable what the Mets have to go through to get a win these days

Pretty lame that a blown call looms pretty large right now. But hey anything can happen still.

He was out but really a) he shouldnt be running there and b) the Mets go [expletive]ed on a few calls aswell

He was out but really a) he shouldnt be running there and b) the Mets go [expletive]ed on a few calls aswell

He looked safe to me. Oh well, still an epic game.

I gotta say I'm impressed the Yankees start this season considering the struggles of Teix and A-Rod to an extent and the fact that we usually start slow. CC has been lights out.