General Baseball Thread

Phightins

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smh @ all star voting, polonco, victorino and rollins all leading lmao, pathetic

Weren't you the guy preaching last year about the all star game being about what "the fans want to see" when Reyes, Wright, Beltran etc had leads and didn't deserve it? :lol:

But with that said, I HATE fan voting. Hated it last year, hate it just as much this year.

The incident between Joe West and the White Sox was ridiculous. I didn't see how either of Buehrle's pickoff attempts were balks. Even if they were, I don't see what Buehrle did to warrant being thrown out. It looked like West wanted to unnecessarily start something with Chicago.

Edited by Waldo

The incident between Joe West and the White Sox was ridiculous. I didn't see how either of Buehrle's pickoff attempts were balks. Even if they were, I don't see what Buehrle did to warrant being thrown out. It looked like West wanted to unnecessarily start something with Chicago.

He really was just having a bad day I guess. Neither was a balk, league should look at it and suspend him if possible.

Ozzie was just protecting Buehrle too, all he did was go out and ask him what happened. Joe didn't want to hear it.

Weren't you the guy preaching last year about the all star game being about what "the fans want to see" when Reyes, Wright, Beltran etc had leads and didn't deserve it? :lol:

But with that said, I HATE fan voting. Hated it last year, hate it just as much this year.

Maybe, I doubt I'd say something like that tho, even if it was what the fans wanted to see, placido polonco?

Maybe, I doubt I'd say something like that tho, even if it was what the fans wanted to see, placido polonco?

Yeah last year you were defending the fan vote to the max when it was all Mets leading the voting for a while.

But now that you mention Polanco, there really aren't any National League third basemen having significantly better seasons than him other than Casey McGehee. David Freese and Ryan Zimmerman are comparable I suppose.

But clearly, Utley and Werth deserve to start. I think a strong argument could be made for Carlos Ruiz as well, though his 2-20 (I think) slump that he is currently in is hurting him.

Edited by Phightins

Yeah last year you were defending the fan vote to the max when it was all Mets leading the voting for a while.

But now that you mention Polanco, there really aren't any National League third basemen having significantly better seasons than him other than Casey McGehee. David Freese and Ryan Zimmerman are comparable I suppose.

But clearly, Utley and Werth deserve to start. I think a strong argument could be made for Carlos Ruiz as well, though his 2-20 (I think) slump that he is currently in is hurting him.

Utley and Werth obv, Ruiz maybe Polonco and ROLLINS?!?! lol no

Utley and Werth obv, Ruiz maybe Polonco and ROLLINS?!?! lol no

I agree, I just find it funny that your stance on this has done a 180 over the past year, since it's now Phillies leading the voting and not Mets.

On the Joe West topic, though. Sounds like he is getting fined and suspended. Thank goodness.

I agree, I just find it funny that your stance on this has done a 180 over the past year, since it's now Phillies leading the voting and not Mets.

Maybe I've just seen the light :rolleyes:

I'm shocked with all the campaigning Milwaukee did to get Hart in over Wright they can't get McGehee in..

Strasburg has one more start tonight @ triple A then he is headed to the majors, how exciting.

BTW keeping on topic kinda, MLB draft is June 6th, Idk if it's worthy of it's own thread or just to talk about it here, theres talk around NY Harper could fall to the Mets as they have the lowest pick of the big market teams, I doubt he makes it past the Nationals though, you got a chance to grab the 2 top players of the next 2 decades you don't pass on it...

BTW keeping on topic kinda, MLB draft is June 6th, Idk if it's worthy of it's own thread or just to talk about it here, theres talk around NY Harper could fall to the Mets as they have the lowest pick of the big market teams, I doubt he makes it past the Nationals though, you got a chance to grab the 2 top players of the next 2 decades you don't pass on it...

No chance. The Nationals have money. And even if they didn't, they'd find a way to make it happen.

Playing in Minnesota shouldn't be a factor, but that's how it is.

It shouldn't, you're right... but fan voting is a popularity contest, and honestly not many people outside of Minnesota care about the Twins or their players.

It shouldn't, you're right... but fan voting is a popularity contest, and honestly not many people outside of Minnesota care about the Twins or their players.

Well, Mauer is leading as a catcher for the AL, but I doubt his looks is the main reasoning behind it.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Well, Mauer is leading as a catcher for the AL, but I doubt his looks is the main reasoning behind it.

He's the best catcher in baseball and probably one of the more recognizable and popular players in the league.

Look, I'm not trying to insult you or Minnesota or the Twins. But, when a fan voting is pitting a team with a national fan base like the Yankees or Red Sox against a team with a local fan base like the Twins, there's going to be a disadvantage for guys who deserve it against guys who are, rightfully or not, more popular.

Holy [expletive] @ Max Scherzer, got of to a good start this year, then got BOMBED for some time, then was sent down to the minors to find himself, ended making 2 stellar starts, now today he's back from the minors and is pitching a 2 hit shutout through 5, 12 strikeouts so far, Mets need to contact that AAA pitching coach :)