Verajao Signed to 6 Year; 50 Mill Deal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the guy that's injured every year?

Michael Redd would make this team the favorite for the title. Redd is the perfect player to put alongside Shaq and Bron.

So we aren't contenders now? Lol...

We have 3 all-stars in our starting lineup, 2 shooting guards interchangeable in Wst and Parker who each averaged double digits as starters last year. And also...we have Z, who had 13 ppg and 8 rpg last year, coming off the bench.

Fans in Cleveland know how much LeBron loves Andy. Last year we signed Boobie to a long contract because LeBron loved Boobie.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Look at Andy's stats when he starts and you'll understand why he got 42 mill guaranteed.

The contract is 6 years, 42.5 million dollars. The 6th and final year is not guranteed...a-la Jerry Stackhouse and Sasha Pavlovic. It has the potential to become $50 million dollars based off of unknown incentives.

As it stands, a 5 year MLE deal with maximum raises is worth 34 million dollars, if a 6th year were allowed in MLE contracts, the raise in the 6th year would put it at 6 years, and you guessed it, 42.5 million dollars.

So, the Cavs signed Anderson Varejao to a full mid-level contract(with 8% raises), and because of his bird rights, added an extra year that is only partially guaranteed. There are also INCENTIVES in his contract where his performance can increase his contract's total worth to 50 million dollars, but they are just that, incentives.

So we aren't contenders now? Lol...

We have 3 all-stars in our starting lineup, 2 shooting guards interchangeable in Wst and Parker who each averaged double digits as starters last year. And also...we have Z, who had 13 ppg and 8 rpg last year, coming off the bench.

Fans in Cleveland know how much LeBron loves Andy. Last year we signed Boobie to a long contract because LeBron loved Boobie.

So what if LeBron loves Smush Parker all of a sudden? Are you guys gonna give him 5 years 40 million? No one said you weren't contenders but hey, the Celtics had 2 HOF'ers on their squad last year and didn't win a thing.

The Boobie Gibson contract is one of the worst I've ever seen given out in the NBA.

He's a qualified starter and did well for us last year. He's a good defender and has potential imo.

And next year he can do this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-68LVLWtSI

He's a qualified starter and did well for us last year. He's a good defender and has potential imo.

And next year he can do this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-68LVLWtSI

Oh now I see why he got 42 mil...Please get out of here with that qualified starter crap.

You guys could've had David Lee for that much money and he's a much better player than Verejao.

Smooth move Danny, this all but seals LeBron to NY or BK.

We don't need Lee. We just need guys to fill in the spot. How many stars do we need? Lee wouldn't fit....

LeBron isn't going to NY because they can only sign one player to a max contract now and LeBron doesn't wanna play with Nate and scrubs.

Cavs have been discussing signing Verajao for something like this for awhile. To you guys it seems amazingly bad because to you guys he's nothing more than a flopper. I think it's alot but I was expecting something like this.

We don't need Lee. We just need guys to fill in the spot. How many stars do we need? Lee wouldn't fit....

LeBron isn't going to NY because they can only sign one player to a max contract now and LeBron doesn't wanna play with Nate and scrubs.

Cavs have been discussing signing Verajao for something like this for awhile. To you guys it seems amazingly bad because to you guys he's nothing more than a flopper. I think it's alot but I was expecting something like this.

How could you not want David Lee over Verejao? You do realize the 2 players we're comparing right?

Who said it had to be the Knicks? Personally, I think he's headed to Brooklyn.

And yes, Verejao is NOTHING more than a flopper. Next thing you know Many Ginobli is going to get a max contract from the Cavs.

In 2006-2007 rankings of adjusted plus/minus, among players who played a decent number of minutes, Anderson Varejao was the 22nd best player in the NBA. As in, an All-Star. He ranks ahead of Shawn Marion, Tracy McGrady, Ray Allen, Dwight Howard, Allen Iverson, and countless others.

I got this on the Cav fanatic forums.

http://www.82games.com/ilardi1.htm

Now that's production. He's number 22. Ahead of Dwight, Vince, Tmac,

He was overpaid, but we needed him back, and we needed him locked up. He'll probably be the starting Center when Shaq is gone, he is pretty much a double double guy when he starts, and he is a pretty good defender. He has improved every year on his offensive game. His flopping hurts his reputation but he isn't a bad player at all. One of the quicker centers as well. And more importantly he's a friend of LeBron, so anything to help the cause to get him to sign back.

Edited by elcheato