Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

^good shit thanks for the tip.

Also GNC is having a 25% off everything with free shipping on their website. Their prices are shit, but with the promotion you can get some pretty good deals still

Bro best way is to find a max muscle and ask them if they match internet prices. That's what I do here and it saves me hella money.

I weight 170 pounds, I don't know how I jumped up 5 pounds because I have been slacking and not eating as much as usual, but its great. Still below 10% as well, I am guessing. Must be all this damn food I have been eating the last few days.

Edited by SRV

http://GNC.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pGNC1-7022394dt.jpg

http://GNC.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pGNC1-10711613dt.jpg

http://GNC.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pGNC1-11216008dt.jpg

http://GNC.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pGNC1-11279393dt.jpg

Picked up all of this for $8 out of pocket. Nice deal.

I love those resistance bands for working out my biceps, but I have already gone through three of them. Nothing hurts more than when I am using one and it snaps and whips me in the arm or the face. The last one I bought has lasted me quite a while though, im guessing the other ones just sucked.

I pretty much just did bicep curls. I did like two other exercises with them but they are very hard to explain as I just improvised with stuff I had around me. I am sure you could google some exercises.

Today I tried dips for the first time in a bout a month. Last time I tried, I really struggled to do just one, like when I was going down my shit was shaking. But today I was able to do sets of 4, 5, and 3. They weren't perfect, but it was a great feeling knowing how much I've improved my triceps

So I hear cardio can be counter productive if youre trying to get bigger? So should I play less basketball and work out more?

If you are a stick and can't gain any weight.... lose the cardio. Otherwise cardio is good for your body. At the same time if you have a choice between cardio and lifting always lift.

Edited by Guru
  • Like 1

I could imagine. First one I had snapped and hit me right across the chin, I had a mark there for about a week...I looked like such an idiot.

Was doing p90x and didn't have a pull up bar or anywhere to hang the elastic for rows or pulldowns, so I was doing a sort of leg raise and doing rows with the short elastic using my feet as a base.. dumb ass, I know. Slipped off my feet and nailed me right in the eye, couldn't see out of it for like a week lol. Shit hurt so bad, haha.

So I hear cardio can be counter productive if youre trying to get bigger? So should I play less basketball and work out more?

Just think in terms of calories in-calories out.

If you weightlift intensly for a hour 30 mins you lose about 500 calories, and if you run a mile afterwards thats another 120 calories gone.

If you still wanna do cardio and gain mass you're gonna have to just eat way more.

Remember you need a ton of calories to gain weight quickly, ive been trying to get in 3000+ everyday for the last 3 1/2 months and ive managed to gain 15 pounds (didn't start working out legs until 3 weeks ago not to mention), my body fat went down too in this period even though I am getting that much in, its because we are both ectomorphs.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html < read this

Edited by Come at me bro
  • Like 1

Simply put yes. If you are trying to get big cardio should be at a minimum. It why it has taken me so long to get the size that i have got to. I play ball about 4 days a week for a couple hours a day. If you do alot of cardio you will still continue to get stronger but you wont see much change size wise.

I was going so well up until the start of August when I broke my humerus playing football (soccer). The doctors said I weakened it by arm wrestling a few days before, which is the most common injury for breaking that particular bone. NEVER arm wrestle, seriously. Anyway I had the cast on for 16 weeks and I've had it off for about 4 now and the bone still isn't healed.

I was on about 70kg bench press, 20kg bicep curls per arm, 30kg's per arm shoulder press. Now I'm on to 10kg's with the single things due to my arm still being slightly broken. It's really depressing and a massive regret. Bit of a freak accident but I've decided I'm never playing football on grass again as I also broke it when I was younger (the forearm) and apparently I haven't got weak bones or anything.

Onwards and upwards!

Proud as fuark.

Last time I bench pressed which was 4-5 days ago, I was only able to do 6 reps of 135, today I go in and do 10 reps of 135 on my first set.

My friend and I also did pullups before bench pressing, hes been going to the gym for 3-4 years so he was able to do like 15 wide-gripped pullups.

I usually can only do 2-3 but this was my first time doing them fresh, and I was able to do 6 pullups with great form.