Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I think I couldn't even bench 100 3 1/2 months ago and Im up to 5 reps on 135 now. It is expected to have a shitty bench when you're just starting out.

Also make sure to work out shoulders hardcore if you wanna get your bench up.

December 14th, 135 5x

Today: 145, 6x.

Good improvement over 3 weeks.

Honestly this is a good thread for tracking progress too.

Edited by Come at me bro

Slaven, do you ever work out while high? I did it again last night, and realized I push myself 3 times harder than I normally do while sober. It's weird because like I don't mean to, I just find myself working way harder.

Ive tried it and didn't like it. personally I prefer smoking after going to the gym, makes bulking easier.

I have recently been lifting lighter weights with like 30 second rest tops in between sets....it has been kicking my ass way more than just lifting as heavy as I can and then taking like a 2 minute break. Also taking more time getting the weight up and then holding it for a few seconds at the top and then repeating. I really feel the burn faster and I get done with my workout like 30 minutes earlier.

I'm just saying, if dude literally cannot put on weight, he should trade 40 pullups for a low rep, high weight exercise. Just imo.

Oh for sure. But if that is just one part of his work out I don't see anything wrong with it. Especially on a back day, wide grip pull-ups ftw. Shit really hits the lats hard.

What he should do is keep the pull-ups but add a weight belt with a 45 plate.