Avery to the NETS!

Guru

The Nets already have a strong young core of Harris, Lopez, Lee, and Williams. With the addition of a top 3 rookie in Derrick Favors and a great coach in Avery Johnson, that is already a perennial playoff team. With the addition of arguably the best player in the league in LeBron James, that is a Finals contender. Not to mention the youth and favorable contracts makes it a potential dynasty. You don't pass that up. Every Nets fan should be on the "LeBron bandwagon".

I don't think adding adding just Favors to the current lineup makes the Nets a perennial playoff team. They're much to young. Although, they are in the East so I could see them making the 8th seed. Tough call.

Though if you do add in LeBron to the Nets, then they're about a 5-8 seed, I don't think I'd go higher for the first year of LeBron joining. But as Harris, Lopez, Lee, Williams, and Favors get better, the Nets will definitely be good for awhile.

The Nets already have a strong young core of Harris, Lopez, Lee, and Williams. With the addition of a top 3 rookie in Derrick Favors and a great coach in Avery Johnson, that is already a perennial playoff team. With the addition of arguably the best player in the league in LeBron James, that is a Finals contender. Not to mention the youth and favorable contracts makes it a potential dynasty. You don't pass that up. Every Nets fan should be on the "LeBron bandwagon".

See this is where you aren't making sense. We are not a playoff team. What have we done but achieve the worst record in the league?

We need to start from scratch and look at it as we cannot get anymore worse. We cannot jump the gun and just sign Lebron because we 'THINK' we can be a playoff team. It don't work like that.

The fact is we don't get it done scoring wise or defensively. Now we have defensive key players like Devin Harris and Brook Lopez with now a defensive minded coach in Avery so that is a start but we need scorers, not a scorer.

Terrence is a great player aswell as Yi Jian Lian. Both of these guys are offensive x-factors for our team, i think Terrence would be great coming off the bench and running some point while Devin is off, Yi also will be great to come off the bench and create some scoring while (Cousins/Favors) sits.

I think we really need to focus on getting efficient scorers on this team yet versatile defenders, Rudy Gay is a guy i have been big on about getting. He won't take a max contract like Lebron will (most likely accept 7-12 mil) and will be a effective scorer, hes been consistently for the past 3 seasons a 20 ppg scorer and a 1 steal 1 block per game type of guy. This is what we need, he may not be the greatest shooter but hes only 24 and can grow with this team, he will be on occasions a 1st scoring option or 2nd and i truly think he'll flourish in the Nets system.

Another guy i think is worth having a look at is David Lee, we could use the rebounding and paint scoring aswell to not forget he would work unbelievably with Lopez, Lopez can play the low post and David with that nice midrange can play the high post. However that is if we don't draft Favors or Cousins and draft Wesley Johnson or Al Farooq.

I don't think adding adding just Favors to the current lineup makes the Nets a perennial playoff team. They're much to young. Although, they are in the East so I could see them making the 8th seed. Tough call.

Though if you do add in LeBron to the Nets, then they're about a 5-8 seed, I don't think I'd go higher for the first year of LeBron joining. But as Harris, Lopez, Lee, Williams, and Favors get better, the Nets will definitely be good for awhile.

The Nets tanked last year. They are a much better team than their record.

Just for a bit of perspective:

PG: Devin Harris - An all star in 08-09 averaging 21 points and 7 assists.

SG: Courtney Lee - Starter for a Finals team. Averaged 15.5 points on 48% FG and 40% 3PT in February.

SF: Terrance Williams - Averaged 14 points, 6 assists, and 7 rebounds as a starter in April.

PF: Derrick Favors - A projected top 3 pick in the draft with clear all star potential.

C: Brook Lopez - Averaged 19 points, 9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.8 blocks in his sophomore year.

Sixth Man: Chris Douglas-Roberts - Averaged 17 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1.3 steals in November.

Plus decent bigs with Yi Jianlian and Kris Humphries to come off the bench. All that is just over 20M spent next year, and I believe all of them are below the age of 25. They will have plenty of money to sign a max free agent and some good role players, or maybe even two max free agents. They will be a perennial playoff team.

Klash, the Nets already have a core. The PG and C positions are solidified, and the PF will be after the draft with the likely pick of Derrick Favors. Lee and Williams are already good scorers and creators on the wings, as well as Chris Douglas-Roberts. There is no need to "start from scratch" when the Nets already have such a great core of players under ideal contracts.

Getting a superstar such as LeBron would push this team over the top, there is no doubt about that. To say that LeBron would not at least make the Nets a much better team is mind boggling, plus imagine how much that would peak the interest of other free agents to have the chance to play with him in New Jersey. Getting LeBron is an opportunity that you can't pass up.

Tell me, why not get LeBron? You have an all star point guard, all star potential bigs, and a top 2 player in the league, AND cheap but valuable role players in Lee, Roberts, Yi, Williams, and Humphries, PLUS a great coach in Avery Johnson. Why can't that be a finals contender? Why doesn't it "work that way"?

Edited by Poe

It doesn't work because all of those things you said about Lee, Harris, Yi etc. were correct but were all invalid when you achieve the worst record in the league. Individual numbers are fine but as a team we don't work and thats evident. Regardless if we tanked or not we are the worst team and only adding 1 player won't make us much better, if we want to win a championship we need to build a great team, not just add 1 player to the worst team in the league.

I never assume things.

There is a HUGE difference between adding one player and adding LeBron James. Look at Cavs before LeBron James fell into their lap and now they are a force year in and year out.

blah blah blah .. he hasn't won anything but individual awards. You do realize any team that size him will be giving him the max of max contracts. It isn't worth it for a unproven player, yes i say unproven because he hasn't won a ring yet, he actually hasn't come close cause when he did make the finals his team was destroyed.

blah blah blah .. he hasn't won anything but individual awards. You do realize any team that size him will be giving him the max of max contracts. It isn't worth it for a unproven player, yes i say unproven because he hasn't won a ring yet, he actually hasn't come close cause when he did make the finals his team was destroyed.

Rudy Gay and David Lee aren't champions either. Hell, I don't think either have been a part of playoff teams yet. What's your point?

SG: Courtney Lee - Averaged 15.5 points on 48% FG and 40% 3PT in February.

SF: Terrance Williams - Averaged 14 points, 6 assists, and 7 rebounds as a starter in April.

Sixth Man: Chris Douglas-Roberts - Averaged 17 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1.3 steals in November.

Othella Harrington averaged 16.9 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists in November one time.

Blah blah? So did Jason Kidd but I don't regret trading for him.

Blah blah? So did Jason Kidd but I don't regret trading for him.

lmao you guys are delusional or can't read. I don't mean that as much to Universe but the other guy. I said clearly i don't see why we should throw a max contract at Lebron when we can get 2-3 players that can make our team stronger then one player who hasn't proven anything like Rudy or Lee. None of them have proven anything but i sure as hell would like 2-3 players signed who can make big impacts rather then 1 because hes overhyped.

Jason Kidd is top 3 point of all time. I never hated on Kidd wtf.

lmao you guys are delusional or can't read. I don't mean that as much to Universe but the other guy. I said clearly i don't see why we should throw a max contract at Lebron when we can get 2-3 players that can make our team stronger then one player who hasn't proven anything like Rudy or Lee. None of them have proven anything but i sure as hell would like 2-3 players signed who can make big impacts rather then 1 because hes overhyped.

Jason Kidd is top 3 point of all time. I never hated on Kidd wtf.

He's one of the top point gaurds of all time who has won nothing but what did he do, he made our team better. LeBron will finish as one of the top small forwards of all time and even though he might not win a championship, he will make us better.

Yes i know this. Jesus it ain't like i don't know he will make our team better but why take the risk of not winning with Lebron and letting history repeat itself just like you said?

Great players don't win championships, great teams do and with Lebron we won't have a great team. We will have a good team with a superstar.

Yes i know this. Jesus it ain't like i don't know he will make our team better but why take the risk of not winning with Lebron and letting history repeat itself just like you said?

Great players don't win championships, great teams do and with Lebron we won't have a great team. We will have a good team with a superstar.

I'd rather make it to the Finals and lose then not make the playoffs with Lee and Gay.

lmao your delusional if you think we wouldn't make the playoffs with a team like;

Devin Harris

Terrence Williams

Rudy Gay

David Lee

Brook Lopez

Thats easily a playoff team.

Cause Rudy Gay and David Lee have helped there team to how many playoff games?

:lol:

Yet we miss the playoffs with:

Devin Harris

Courtney Lee

LeBron James

Derrick Favors

Brook Lopez

Edited by Universe
  • Like 2