NHL Offseason 2010

fly3rs18

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys' (Flyers fans) thoughts on the Hamhuis trade? I think it's likely the end of Coburn/Carle and that's a fairly large return for an un-signed player. Hamhuis is going to command somewhere near $4 million, so it's going to be tough.

it might not be the end of coburn/carle. ive heard that they may trade carter/gagne/briere/hartnell within the next few days in order to clear up cap. but i think this trade was definitely just part 1 of a bigger plan for holmgren, more trades to come

What are you guys' (Flyers fans) thoughts on the Hamhuis trade? I think it's likely the end of Coburn/Carle and that's a fairly large return for an un-signed player. Hamhuis is going to command somewhere near $4 million, so it's going to be tough.

Awesome trade for Joisey.

It is more likely the end of Gagne/Carter/Hartnell. Most have believed that it's been the Flyers intentions all along to overpay this summer for a 5th defenseman. If they let Coburn get away, it's sort of for naught. I am expecting to see one (or possibly 2) of those forwards traded between now and the draft, and Hamhuis and Coburn both signed. But who knows what Homer has up his sleeve.

Horton to Bruins (still don't know the details yet) and Scott Niedermayer retires. Eventful start to the day. And oh yeah, 2010-2011 schedule released today.

Yeah it has to be someone big going to Florida. ECN thinks it will be Bergeron or Krejci.

And as for the Blackhawks, word is that Ladd is going to be traded, perhaps to Vancouver.

And we have our first blockbuster....

Thrashers get Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Brent Sopel, and Akim Aliu for a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

Edited by Phightins

Thrashers overpaid, at first glance. That's a big price to pay for a couple plugs (Eager and Sopel) and a dude in Byfuglien that is still relatively unknown. If they put him on the right line he can be dominant, but he sure as hell won't have anything close to Toews/Kane to work with.