NHL Offseason 2010

fly3rs18

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a few days behind, but thrashers overpaid, but i still think bufflin (screw spelling) is gonna have a lot of success there, depending on who he plays with.

and i guess theodore would be ok for the flyers, as long as we can sign him to a 1 or 2 year cheap contract

Looks like the Thrashers got a new coach named Craig Ramsey? Being a casual hockey fan I've never heard of him. Can any of you hockey guru's give me a little insight on him?

He'll do the Thrashers real good because he's awesome for any youth movement and he'll do wonders on the back end for Atlanta as well.

It sounds like they might want to package him with Tim Thomas, which is the only reason the Flyers have been mentioned. Can't see why they'd want Savard on his own.

It sounds like they might want to package him with Tim Thomas, which is the only reason the Flyers have been mentioned. Can't see why they'd want Savard on his own.

I think his list was in before this year because more teams enter it after each year.

Canadiens get the rights to Dan Ellis and Dustin Boyd in exchange for the rights to Sergei Kostitsyn. All 3 guys can hit the market on July 1st. I'd be kind of surprised if Ellis signs there before July 1st, I thought he'd want to at least try to find a better opportunity to start.

Beer, Call of Duty and TSN.

You ready for Carey Price to crash and burn? :lol: .

That was probably one of the stupidest trades to give up Halak, who had an amazing playoffs, yet Carey gets rattled when he plays. Are you one of the Carey fanboys that keeps making excuses for him?

Bruins are going to dominate this year.

You ready for Carey Price to crash and burn? :lol: .

That was probably one of the stupidest trades to give up Halak, who had an amazing playoffs, yet Carey gets rattled when he plays. Are you one of the Carey fanboys that keeps making excuses for him?

I was a big fan of Halak even before the sucsess and it was the right move to trade him as well. Guy is going to get a lot of money and Carey Price is still young.

Stuff so far...

-Sergei Gonchar to Ottawa

-Alex Tanguay to Calgary

-Marty Biron to Rangers

-Andrej Meszaros traded to Flyers

-Braydon Coburn resigns with Flyers

-Colby Armstrong to Toronto

-Alex Auld to Montreal.

Seems to be conflicting reports on Twitter about Dan Ellis possibly coming to the Flyers.

AnthonySan37 (Flyers Beat Writer)

Just asked a Flyers source if they are the team reportedly close to signing Dan Ellis. The response? ... "It's not us."

Eklund

Ellis to Philly.... Close

Lol.....which one of these do I believe? :rolleyes:

Hopefully Eklund is right, but that's probably asking for too much.

Edited by Phightins

Least Carey can now learn how to use his size. <_<

He's big, he's bald, he's Alex Auld!

Best line of the day so far. :lol:

I'm not surprised with the Leafs signing Armstrong. I think everybody saw that one coming. He is exactly the kind of player that Burke would target. $3M might be a bit too much for him, but I don't think you could've signed him for much less than that, so I'm not too worried about it.

Niittymaki to San Jose is interesting though. Are the Sharks hoping that he is their new number 1 next year or are they going to pursue somebody else to create a platoon situation. I don't really think that Niittymaki is the kind of goalie that will lead a team to a cup, but then again, I wouldn't have believed that Niemi or Leighton would be starting goalies on Stanley Cup Finals teams either, so who knows.

Edited by Built Ford Tough