Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omar Minaya has a press conference schedule for 3:30 PM ET today. Either someones getting fired or we made a trade.

Knowing Omar, probably both.

Are there any talks of moving Jose? I don't think it would be smart but idk what the talk is in NY.

I hope the Giants grab a bat... idk what Washington would want to get Dunn, but beyond Posey and Bumgarner, I'm not sure they'd be interested but Dunn could really help SF, giving us a power bat would make all the difference.

Edited by I Changed My Name

The Mets are firing Tony Bernazard...no surprise there.

If I were a Mets fan I'd be wondering when Jeff Wilpon would just ball up and fire Omar Minaya. I like how he has taken absolutely no blame for this.

The Mets are firing Tony Bernazard...no surprise there.

If I were a Mets fan I'd be wondering when Jeff Wilpon would just ball up and fire Omar Minaya. I like how he has taken absolutely no blame for this.

No surprise at all. Idk the wilpon's are pussies they gave Phillips like 4 losing seasons before they fired him.

Knowing Omar, probably both.

Are there any talks of moving Jose? I don't think it would be smart but idk what the talk is in NY.

I hope the Giants grab a bat... idk what Washington would want to get Dunn, but beyond Posey and Bumgarner, I'm not sure they'd be interested but Dunn could really help SF, giving us a power bat would make all the difference.

Nah there have no trade talks about the Mets being sellers, especially selling one of their best players.

Edited by Fish7718

I want the Dodgers to get Cliff Lee just please don't trade any of our current players that is in the Dodgers roster right now.

lol. you have to give up talent to get talent. but the indians probably arent gonna want major league players because they want to rebuild. but its a funny/stupid comment anyways

Doesn't look like the Indians will move anyone.

They are having their second half surge like they did last year, already winning 5 of 6.

Imo...we are 12 games out. We have a 9 game stretch vs. Min, Det, Chw. If we can win two of those series I say we STILL are in contention.

I think Halladay is going to the Dodgers.

They are having their second half surge like they did last year, already winning 5 of 6.

Imo...we are 12 games out. We have a 9 game stretch vs. Min, Det, Chw. If we can win two of those series I say we STILL are in contention.

:) I like the optimism

im gonna be in cleveland for the weekend and at a game friday night. the indians better play a good game

Well, it doesn't look like Halladay will be going to the Phillies.

The Philadelphia Phillies would be making a huge mistake to not make a trade for him.

Prospects are great, but you are GUARANTEED to get one of the best pitchers in the MLB, that has dominated the superior AL, and will be joining a very good team.

If they don't get him, they are flat out stupid, Happ+Drabek or whatever else they'd offer, if they don't get him, it will be one of the dumbest moves ever.

The Indians are 17.5 games out to Boston. Toronto is 10 and Baltimore is 16, those are the next closest two.

I figure Doc may not get moved. Which is good, I love watching him pitch, but not good in the sense that we will continue to be average throughout the next 10 years.

The Philadelphia Phillies would be making a huge mistake to not make a trade for him.

Prospects are great, but you are GUARANTEED to get one of the best pitchers in the MLB, that has dominated the superior AL, and will be joining a very good team.

If they don't get him, they are flat out stupid, Happ+Drabek or whatever else they'd offer, if they don't get him, it will be one of the dumbest moves ever.

I want him at all costs, and I think the Phillies are just using their counter offer to try to bring the Jays price down. That is what I am hoping at least.

I do not think the Phillies have any problems dealing Happ btw, but Drabek is the one they are hesitant with. Happ's value right now is as high as it ever will be, and even though he has been awesome this year he projects to be a 3 or 4 at best. The Jays are not dumb and are insisting on Drabek as well, which I cannot blame them for. The Phillies have never been a team to trade their future away for one superstar player though, and since it worked out last year they may think it will work again. They easily could have gotten in on the Sabathia bidding but decided to take the cheaper Blanton instead.

But I am confident we will wind up with either Halladay or Lee.

I just have this feeling with the Mets playing with this much excitemnet that Minaya is going to surprise us all and snatch Halladay. At least I'm hoping. At the very least I hope he grabs Washburn or Lee.

I want him at all costs, and I think the Phillies are just using their counter offer to try to bring the Jays price down. That is what I am hoping at least.

I do not think the Phillies have any problems dealing Happ btw, but Drabek is the one they are hesitant with. Happ's value right now is as high as it ever will be, and even though he has been awesome this year he projects to be a 3 or 4 at best. The Jays are not dumb and are insisting on Drabek as well, which I cannot blame them for. The Phillies have never been a team to trade their future away for one superstar player though, and since it worked out last year they may think it will work again. They easily could have gotten in on the Sabathia bidding but decided to take the cheaper Blanton instead.

But I am confident we will wind up with either Halladay or Lee.

i agree. the phillies arent dumb either. i think they will give up happ and drabek, but it is pretty pointless to accept the first offer that the blue jays make. they have until friday, so why not try to bring the offer down even a little. even if they could trade like happ, drabek, and donald (or the other guy, forgetting name, but not brown), it would have been worth it to wait. it woould be crazy for the phillies not to trade those 3 guys for someone like halladay

i agree. the phillies arent dumb either. i think they will give up happ and drabek, but it is pretty pointless to accept the first offer that the blue jays make. they have until friday, so why not try to bring the offer down even a little. even if they could trade like happ, drabek, and donald (or the other guy, forgetting name, but not brown), it would have been worth it to wait. it woould be crazy for the phillies not to trade those 3 guys for someone like halladay

Lol why not wait? Because now teams like the Angels and Red Sox can swoop into a better offer.

I'm so glad we picked up Garko, we needed a righty power hitter, and 11 HRs so far might not be that much pop, but we can use it. Gave up a nice prospect who I guess was 12-3 in A ball, but oh well. Garko's been hitting well lately, so if he keeps it up I won't have to see Ishikawa anymore. <3

Freddy Sanchez was scratched from the Pirates lineup tonight, so one is to assume that he is probably on the move. Stay tuned I guess. Jack Wilson will probably be next.

apparently talks between the phils and indians has really heated up. a few indians scouts were at the at a phils triple A game

and this weekend the phillies are playing in san fran, and the blue jays are playing in oakland. they are staying in the same hotel. so all halladay has to do is take a trip down to the front desk and get a new key hahaha

The rumored deal is Cliff Lee and perhaps another player for Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Lou Marson, and Jason Donald. This would IMO be a big steal if the Phillies can pull this off, especially if they can also haul in a right handed bat for the bench or a lefty for the bullpen as well. Knapp looks like he will be a monster but he is still 2 or 3 years off from the big leagues so who knows what happens between now and then. Carrasco still has the potential but he is a head case and Donald has all the makings of a utility infielder. I have always liked Marson but he projects as just an average run of the mill offensive catcher with nothing too spectacular about his defense either. I'd honestly probably rather the Phillies make this trade than send Drabek and Brown for Halladay. I may be the only Phillies fan who thinks this.

Edited by Phightins09

Pirates and Mariners just completed a 7 player trade.

Mariners get Jack Wilson and Ian Snell and Pirates get Jeff Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin, and Nathan Adcock. For once the Pirates didn't do too awful. Kinda surprising to see the Mariners in buy mode.

Edited by Phightins09