Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

Nothing personal Warren, but it would be way easier and more organized if we kept all of the rumors to one thread. ;)

Anyway, deadline is still a few weeks away but the rumors are beginning to swirl...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no way they are trading roy in the division

You never know. Ricciardi hinted that should he get traded he will probably not take that into consideration because as a free agent in 2 years, there's a good chance he will wind up in the AL East anyway.

No way do we move Sizemore...Lee will probably go, and I have been hearing Victor Martinez will be moved too.

Haha, I knew you'd say that! Lee, Sizemore, Martinez are like your top players. I would throw Hafner in the bunch but he hasn't been the same since last year. I'd expect Lee and Martinez to be moved. You're right, Sizemore probably won't go anywhere.

I see a team like the Astros/Cubs going after a package deal maybe consisting of both Lee and Martinez.

Haha, I knew you'd say that! Lee, Sizemore, Martinez are like your top players. I would throw Hafner in the bunch but he hasn't been the same since last year. I'd expect Lee and Martinez to be moved. You're right, Sizemore probably won't go anywhere.

I see a team like the Astros/Cubs going after a package deal maybe consisting of both Lee and Martinez.

Yeah Hafner hasn't been the same since we gave him that big contract extension. /roids.

I really don't wanna trade Victor, though. :(

I really don't wanna trade Victor, though. :(

With Soto on the DL, and the Cubs looking to add another arm this is one appitizing Package deal to them I would assume. Depends though, Cleveland might not want to give them both up in the same deal. I'm not sure how stacked the Cubs farm system is... so.

The Indians will be sellers this year. :(

Peter Gammons said something like "The Indians definitely won't be trading Lee after this deal." I may be wrong but they might be happy just sitting pat and waiting for Perez LaPorta Santana Huff and a few others to develop and make a run next year with the same squad.

EDIT: After the Perez-DeRosa deal

Edited by Fish7718

I hear the Phillies have interest in Brad Penny.

Doubt it. They already have enough guys in the organization who will give them Brad Penny-ish production (Pedro Martinez, Rodrigo Lopez, Kyle Kendrick, Antonio Bastardo, etc etc). I don't see them trading for a starting pitcher unless it is a top of the rotation guy.

And this isn't just a fan giving his 2 cents, Amaro has come out and essentially said this. The Penny rumor was hot back in May but I seriously doubt it anymore.

Will there be any blockbuster deals this year you think?

Well, define blockbuster. I'd say the Holliday trade was pretty big. Also I expect Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee to be moved by the deadline. There will be plenty of other moves as well.

If the Yankees do make a trade, it will be for a pitcher.

While most of the people in the stands were focused on keeping Halladay north of the border, showing their support with signs and chants, a couple people in the house might have been thinking something else. The Toronto Sun reported that only two teams -- the Phillies and Yankees -- had scouts at Friday's game, and the Globe and Mail reports that the Yankees might be looking at closer Scott Downs.

Also, with the Wang injury, the Yankees are taking another look at Doc Halladay. Ricciardi may want to trade within the AL East, because if the Red Sox and Yankees compete with offers, the Jays may get even more.