Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done deal. Phillies get Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco for Carlos Carrasco, Jason Knapp, Jason Donald, and Lou Marson.

I love it. Killed two birds with one stone.

Pirates and Mariners just completed a 7 player trade.

Mariners get Jack Wilson and Ian Snell and Pirates get Jeff Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin, and Nathan Adcock. For once the Pirates didn't do too awful. Kinda surprising to see the Mariners in buy mode.

Love this deal for Seattle. When Snell hasn't been roughed up or thinking about killing himself, he's had a great run in I believe AAA (could be AA, not sure) and the Pirates have previously tried to bring him up, but he wouldn't come up. Hopefully he does well for the Mariners.

I'm also wondering (from an Indians perspective) if this clears the way for Victor Martinez to be traded. Marson is pretty close to MLB ready, and since they're going nowhere maybe they decide to move V-Mart and get Marson some playing time.

Love this deal for Seattle. When Snell hasn't been roughed up or thinking about killing himself, he's had a great run in I believe AAA (could be AA, not sure) and the Pirates have previously tried to bring him up, but he wouldn't come up. Hopefully he does well for the Mariners.

Yeah, being in Oregon, Seattle is the "home team" haha.

I liked Ronny Cedeno, but he didn't really do much for us at the plate. I think he might turn out to be a decent .280 hitter someday, but Freddy will really help the offense. If Snell pitches like his 2006/2007 self, he can win some games at SafeCo.

Sanchez will be a second fire starter after Ichiro, letting Branyan, Beltre, and the other guys at the heart get some more men on.

Yeah, being in Oregon, Seattle is the "home team" haha.

I liked Ronny Cedeno, but he didn't really do much for us at the plate. I think he might turn out to be a decent .280 hitter someday, but Freddy will really help the offense. If Snell pitches like his 2006/2007 self, he can win some games at SafeCo.

Sanchez will be a second fire starter after Ichiro, letting Branyan, Beltre, and the other guys at the heart get some more men on.

Jack Wilson not Freddy Sanchez

Jack Wilson not Freddy Sanchez

Doh!

Same difference, cept Freddy is not as goofy looking lol.

Wilson's been in a little slump this year, but he can definitely raise his average with the M's lineup around him, rather than the Pirates' lineup. Not a huge improvement, but it's noticeably better and he'll improve his .267 avg.

I'm hoping the Giants can grab either Freddy, Marco Scutaro, or Mark Teahen. We need another infielder, someone with a little bit of a bat. I'd prefer Scutaro myself, he has been playing the best of late. Freddy or Teahen would be fine though.

right before the the phils finalized the lee deal they called toronto and offered the same trade plus happ for halladay. toronto turned it down. i cant see any team willing to give up more then the phillies did.

my only hope is that ricardi doesnt break down at the end and take a lesser deal.

right before the the phils finalized the lee deal they called toronto and offered the same trade plus happ for halladay. toronto turned it down. i cant see any team willing to give up more then the phillies did.

my only hope is that ricardi doesnt break down at the end and take a lesser deal.

I really think Happ will end up being worth more including Lee than just Halladay.

I really think Happ will end up being worth more including Lee than just Halladay.

Eh. Happ is way overvalued right now. I mean I really like him and he has been great this year but people talk about him like he is a future ace, and he really isn't.

The Cliff Lee deal probably brings down the package that the Toronto Blue Jays want for Roy Halladay.

I heard that the Boston Red Sox may give up Clay Bucholtz+Justin Masterson in a trade for Roy Halladay, which many people are saying is better than Happ+Drabek, so I don't know what the Toronto Blue Jays are going to do.

However, I will be pissed if the Boston Red Sox trade Daniel Bard.

I still don't think Toronto trades Halladay in division, it's just stupid. Hands another World Series over to the Red Sox I would say.

Clay Bucholtz, Lars Andersen and a mid prospect plz.

I'm not sure what they are going to do with Lars Andersen.

If they go after Adrian Gonzolez, there is no doubt that he will be involved, but I doubt that he will be traded to the Toronto Blue Jays for Roy Halladay.

Bucholtz+Bowden+PAPELBON(Red Sox will pay his salary).

At least the first two players, and I don't like Jonathan Papelbon right now.

I just lol'd, you're completely undervaluing Papelbon, a top 3-5 closer in the league.

Also, could you imagine if the Phillies got Halladay too? I think that'd be amazing, but there's absolutely no chance.

He still is one of the best, if not the best closer in the MLB, but he has not been good this season, regardless of his ERA and WHIP.

He doesn't have clean innings.

Daniel Bard will be better than Jonathan Papelbon.

I really think that the Toronto Blue Jays shot themselves in the foot holding onto Roy Halladay too long, and the Philadelphia Phillies helped bring down the offer for Roy Halladay significantly.

Ut O!!!!

I'm hearing that the Phillies could still deal for Halliday.

They still have all the players that the Blue Jays were asking for.

Can you imagine?

Done deal. Phillies get Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco for Carlos Carrasco, Jason Knapp, Jason Donald, and Lou Marson.

I love it. Killed two birds with one stone.

Just gives the Mets a better shot at Halladay. From a Phillies prespective maybe you should throw the rest of the farm at Halladay and have a beast team for the next 2 years. However with Howard and Utley and Rollins all entering their 30's in 4 or 5 years the Phillies could be one of the worst teams in the majors. Interesting perspective on Marson taking vics spot but Santana is probably just as MLB ready as Marson and the Shoppach so I think he was just for the value not the position. I think it was an even deal Corrasco and Knapp can be great.

Cole Hamels (or #2)

Roy Halladay (or #1)

Cliff Lee

Joe Blanton

Jamie Moyer

Beast starting 5, and we know what the lineup can do. That's scary if it happens. Ben Fancisco is one of the best backup outfielders in the game now, him and Andruw Jones stand out to me as the best backups. I think Ben will probably pinch hit on a nightly basis (except when the top 3 guys are throwing complete games lol), and still be a productive part of the trade. Should there be an injury in the All Star outfield, they have a very capable replacement. He's also a very good defensive player, can catch some hard-to-get-to balls, and he's only got 5 career errors.

Edited by I Changed My Name

Cole Hamels (or #2)

Roy Halladay (or #1)

Cliff Lee

Joe Blanton

Jamie Moyer

Beast starting 5, and we know what the lineup can do. That's scary if it happens.

True but as I mentioned in my previous post, the costs to make that happen may just be too much for the Phillies to handle. The reason teams like the Yankees and Sox put together beast rosters like that is because they signed their players. Trading for them is much more difficult.

True but as I mentioned in my previous post, the costs to make that happen may just be too much for the Phillies to handle. The reason teams like the Yankees and Sox put together beast rosters like that is because they signed their players. Trading for them is much more difficult.

True, but even without the trade they have Happ as the #3/4 guy. Not bad at all.

True, but even without the trade they have Happ as the #3/4 guy. Not bad at all.

Yeah but thats really what Happ projects to be. He's pitching above himself right now surprising everyone including me. However once the league learns him he will get shelled around like bastardo. I'd take Blanton, not Moyer over him right now.