Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

Cole Hamels (or #2)

Roy Halladay (or #1)

Cliff Lee

Joe Blanton

Jamie Moyer

Beast starting 5, and we know what the lineup can do. That's scary if it happens. Ben Fancisco is one of the best backup outfielders in the game now, him and Andruw Jones stand out to me as the best backups. I think Ben will probably pinch hit on a nightly basis (except when the top 3 guys are throwing complete games lol), and still be a productive part of the trade. Should there be an injury in the All Star outfield, they have a very capable replacement. He's also a very good defensive player, can catch some hard-to-get-to balls, and he's only got 5 career errors.

I agree about Francisco. Obviously Lee is the centerpiece of that trade but people shouldn't discount the importance of adding Francisco. John Mayberry Jr. clearly is not MLB ready and is getting exposed. We now have a legit right handed presence off the bench, and with Stairs and Dobbs on the left side this bench just went from mediocre to very good.

And fish nailed it. The reason they will likely not trade for Halladay is because that would mean literally gutting the entire farm system in these 2 deals. The beauty of this trade is that everybody we gave up, while they do have talent and upside, were just spare parts in our minor league system. We got to keep the real prospects that we will need in 2-3 years. I don't see them giving that away for Halladay...the rotation is loaded as it is IMO.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but thats really what Happ projects to be. He's pitching above himself right now surprising everyone including me. However once the league learns him he will get shelled around like bastardo. I'd take Blanton, not Moyer over him right now.

Well I do think he will come back to earth a LITTLE bit, but you can't really compare him to Bastardo. Bastardo just tried to fire heat right down the middle of the plate...no location or anything. Wasn't hard for guys to figure him out....by his third start he was very predictable. Happ is way more crafty and he can put his fastball literally any place he wants it..plus his offspeed stuff is more developed, unlike Bastardo who threw something like 80% fastballs. Happ already has 33 MLB appearances to his name, and the tape is out there, so I'm not sure if I buy that "when the hitters learn how to face him" thing.

I'ma miss Jeff Clement tho. And I hope those 3 pitchers u gave up weren't nothin...

Yeah Clement is spose' to be good but I guess they think he won't do good in the MLB. They were wrong about Adam Jones theheh. Wonder if were trading Bedard.

Well I do think he will come back to earth a LITTLE bit, but you can't really compare him to Bastardo. Bastardo just tried to fire heat right down the middle of the plate...no location or anything. Wasn't hard for guys to figure him out....by his third start he was very predictable. Happ is way more crafty and he can put his fastball literally any place he wants it..plus his offspeed stuff is more developed, unlike Bastardo who threw something like 80% fastballs. Happ already has 33 MLB appearances to his name, and the tape is out there, so I'm not sure if I buy that "when the hitters learn how to face him" thing.

I agree, and even if Happ is pitching above himself right now, let him lol. As long as he wins 7 out of every 8 decisions, I'm fine. :lol:

Can we have Alexei hehehehe, i luv him.

But maybe Floyd or Danks-Wise-minor leaguers

I luv Floyd and Danks too much, haha.

I'd part with Clayton Richard, and possibly Dayan Viciedo. And I'll be generous too and you can have your pick of either Bartolo Colon, or Jose Contreras.

I luv Floyd and Danks too much, haha.

I'd part with Clayton Richard, and possibly Dayan Viciedo. And I'll be generous too and you can have your pick of either Bartolo Colon, or Jose Contreras.

Fine, and we'll take Jose. Hope they see our posts!

One of my favorite days of the year is here 12-4 pm is just trade madness rumors and such i LOVE it

Current Mets Rumor: 3 way trade with Indians and Rays

Rays get: Victor Martinez

Mets get: Crawford / Kazmir

Indians get: Mets prospects

Don't believe it much but rumor has it the Rays are willing to trade studs like Crawford Kaz and Pena to get a deal done. Indians are interested in Mets prospects. I also heard the Red Sox declined Victor Martinez for Clay Buchholz straight up.

One of my favorite days of the year is here 12-4 pm is just trade madness rumors and such i LOVE it

Don't believe it much but rumor has it the Rays are willing to trade studs like Crawford Kaz and Pena to get a deal done. Indians are interested in Mets prospects. I also heard the Red Sox declined Victor Martinez for Clay Buchholz straight up.

I see no way that happens. But that would be ironic...Mets get Kazmir stolen away from them and they steal him right back.

got a link then?

got a link then?

If it was a legit rumor from a legit source it would have been posted on mlbtraderumors.com without a doubt. There is nothing of the sort over there. Sounds more like a Mets fan's pipe dream.

Edited by Phightins09

The only rumor about Victor Martinez that I have been hearing is the one where he would be heading the the Boston Red Sox.

However, I hope the Boston Red Sox get Adrian Gonzolez or Roy Halladay, so the Boston Red Sox can stick it to the [expletive]ing New York Yankees.

I would prefer Adrian Gonzolez depending on what it will take to get him.

If it was a legit rumor from a legit source it would have been posted on mlbtraderumors.com without a doubt. There is nothing of the sort over there. Sounds more like a Mets fan's pipe dream.

Yeah because Mets fans love giving up more top prospects to aquire a pitcher with a 6.22 ERA and injury problems.

So sox get victor martinez? Guess that means no more papi.

Joe Beimel to Rockies, they obv need bullpen help good deal for them got Betancourt and Beimel for the run

Jerry Harriston Jr to the Yankees, to replace Gardener for the time being? Also is a more reliable back up than Cody Ransom and Romero Pena.

Edited by Fish7718