The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

you were right newman, my friend picked it up a few hours ago and we played it together :lol:

its really really good, when you first play it you play bulls vs lakers which is cool, Michael is absolutely bs lol. games really smooth, post moves are good passing is great no more cheesey passes, however one thing that was a bit gay was, that you have to pretty much use RB (xbox) then whoever your passing to if you dont your passes will never go to the player you want it to go most likely end up as a interception.

defense is great very hard to drive, and the CPU learns. eg, i ran pick and roll with T evens with landry a few times in a row, 1st time i got a easy lay up second time it was contested, 3rd time another player cam on a rotation and took a charge

still dont know how to post up trying to post with pippen and i could never do it, got pretty annoying.

once thing i noticed (possible bug) if you drive base line and try to pull up for a jumper your player does this weird animation and jumps into the defender 99% of the time it will be blocked if not the ball hits the side of the backboard and out of bounds

but im going to pick mine up tomorrow when my gf isnt at work :lol:

Edited by MoeRoadKill

"The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation. "

Source - IGN.com

"The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation. "

Source - IGN.com

That quote makes me want this even more, who knew a sports game would be this epic.

Ok so I went and got this at 12AM from Game Stop. Line was about 55 people but man it was worth the wait. The game is so addicting, and the Jordan mode is incredible.

The detail they put into the entire presentation just puts this game over the top, they got a sick intro, solid halftime show, and a nice post game show. It's like your watching a live game, and playing in it as well. They got all of MJ's attributes down, the tongue the dribbling motions and the sick dunks. The player movement is more loose so you can actually control every aspect, you can't just blow past a guy you actually have to be strategic.

Franchise mode is pretty sick, the trade AI is much better they really put you in the GM seat.

9.5 on IGN and the guy that rated it said not only is it the best basketball game ever made, but it is the best sports game of the generation, huge compliment. So far it is the most addicting and entertaining 2K product I have ever played.

I would have cancelled mine too had I not paid. :(

I've paid as well but I think you can get a refund. I'm going to try that if not then I'm either going to still go and buy it tomorrow morning and then sell the copy I pre-ordered for like $20 more and make some money or I'll just suffer the long wait.

I hope so. I have just sent the same question asking whether I can get a refund. Hopefully I can get it today so I can buy it tomorrow. :glasses:

EDIT: Cancellation got confirmed and the person said I can get a full refund by tomorrow. Pretty happy with how quick they reply by and 2k11 time tomorrow!!! :lol:

Edited by Newman

I hope so. I have just sent the same question asking whether I can get a refund. Hopefully I can get it today so I can buy it tomorrow. :glasses:

EDIT: Cancellation got confirmed and the person said I can get a full refund by tomorrow. Pretty happy with how quick they reply by and 2k11 time tomorrow!!! :lol:

I spent the whole day refreshing my email :lol: since around 2pm and I just got the email about less than an hour ago confirming my cancellation as well haha. I'll be going out tomorrow and on the way home there's 3 EB Games on the way so hopefully at least one has stock. I'm so desperate :lol: