The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

• Owner

Alright, Jordan mode is crazy tough.

The AI is much, MUCH smarter in this game, too. They improved the help defense significantly. Run P&R three consecutive times and see how a team like the Spurs treats that decision.

The only thing I don't like, but I'll get used to, is the passing. Really difficult. Sometimes, it's like you're playing five Gary Paytons out there.

Oh, and Jordan mode is crazy tough.

How long did it take you to get to the NBA?

It took me 3 combine games, got drafted by the Pistons in the second round. Played 4 summer circuit games, then played my first actual NBA game.

They let you change the minutes and difficulty this time, and you can choose between default and simulation as part of the difficulty. I've played 2 NBA games so far on Hall of Fame, Simulation difficulty in 12 minute quarters. I come off the bench as a back up PG with about 12 minutes per game. I haven't scored a single point yet.

Passing has been very easy, though. I got almost 10 assists at the half of one of the combine games, though I guess it's easier having Cousins and Turner on the same team. I average the most assists on the Pistons with 4 per game.

Played my third game and finally scored. It was a step back triple off a Ben Wallace screen as the shot clock expired. I also got to the free throw line later that game when fouled driving to the hoop. So I had 5 points total on 1-4 shooting, and had 5 assists, 5 boards, and 1 steal. Not bad for a 41 overall.

Apparently it was a "key" game, meaning my team was playing a rival opponent. You get double the skill points in these games.

You guys know you can change the difficulty on Jordan mode right? Im doing some of them on hall of fame. Only the scoring ones though, its easy to score with Jordan on there. However the rebounds and other stats are hard to get, not to mention winning. Ill probably use Pro for the flu game.

• Owner

Dude, I swear, the game does this on purpose: it has you really, really close to completing one of the Jordan challenges (in my case, the 63), and then you miss your last 2-3 shots at the end of the game. It's frustrating, lol.

i done the first challenge pretty easy, i thought i would jack up some threes to start off (63 point game vs celtics) his 3 in a row then got a steal and a fast break dunk and he was hot after that so scoring 63 was real easy. i got to 63 with about 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter then i just focused on the assists. reading over a few of the other challenges they look real hard

i done the first challenge pretty easy, i thought i would jack up some threes to start off (63 point game vs celtics) his 3 in a row then got a steal and a fast break dunk and he was hot after that so scoring 63 was real easy. i got to 63 with about 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter then i just focused on the assists. reading over a few of the other challenges they look real hard

I couldn't hit a three with Jordan in that one.

i did the flu game first it was pretty easy for me for some reason.. the hardest part was getting the rebounds but I won the game by like 10.

I did the 69 pt game.. i barely got the 6 asst. had 71 points but wow i had 20 turnovers in the game the passing is ridiculous. lost by 4

but Jordan Challenge is sick tho god. it's prob gonna take me a while to get all of it done.

Woo the Kings trade Beno Udrih and now I'm the starter! Started the 7th game of my NBA career. My averages are pretty whack but it's okay. Right now im doing 12 min quarters on superstar, planning to get to HoF just want to get used to the game play first.

I just did the arrival on hall of fame and won the game too! 70 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 4 steals with Jordan. I was surprised I won though, they were making everything. So far ive done arrival, bad boys, double nickel, and fathers day victory.

Nah. It would be different if it was Sports Illustrated.

hhaahhaahah

Anyways, I just picked this game up today. Played it for 8 hours straight. Really like the improvements they made. Just started the my player mode. I'm a 47 right now. Got drafted by the Grizz <_<