MLB Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

It is getting to be that time again. Maybe we can keep everything organized into this thread. Sticky perhaps?

To get things started, it appears that Cliff Lee is going to the Rangers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I thought everything was in place for him to be a Yankee. This is awesome!

-------------------

Buster_ESPN

The Yankees and Mariners had actually had an agreement-in-principle, based on the physicals -- and SEA stepped away, which is all fair game.

Buster_ESPN

Heard this: SEA is kicking in $2.5 million in order to help offset the $4 million owed to Lee. In return, Texas gave a better package of prospects besides Smoak

WOW! I thought everything was in place for him to be a Yankee. This is awesome!

-------------------

lol why would it have been bad if he was a yankee? You realize adding Cliff Lee only makes NY a little better, and they would have given up one of the top 5 prospects in all of baseball headed into this year to get him? Cliff Lee is also a rental who's contract expires. Instead now the Yankees keep a possible future all star catcher and Hughes is still their 5th starter...

Also, this deal makes Texas ALOT better, Texas's only weakness was SP and they have had a log jam at the corner infield position forever. Texas has got to be many ppls pick to go to the WS in the AL this year, they are that good.

I think I am going to cry....

A full season of Cliff Lee gets the Phillies Phillippe Aumont, Tyson Gillies, and JC Ramirez. Less than a half season of Cliff Lee gets the Mariners Justin Smoak, Blake Beavan, and whatever else.

lol why would it have been bad if he was a yankee? You realize adding Cliff Lee only makes NY a little better, and they would have given up one of the top 5 prospects in all of baseball headed into this year to get him? Cliff Lee is also a rental who's contract expires. Instead now the Yankees keep a possible future all star catcher and Hughes is still their 5th starter...

Also, this deal makes Texas ALOT better, Texas's only weakness was SP and they have had a log jam at the corner infield position forever. Texas has got to be many ppls pick to go to the WS in the AL this year, they are that good.

I hate the Yankees in the first place, plus they're the team to beat again this year. Adding Lee only makes them better and it wouldn't help the Braves chances of winning the World Series. ;)

Edited by Cobb

I think I am going to cry....

A full season of Cliff Lee gets the Phillies Phillippe Aumont, Tyson Gillies, and JC Ramirez. Less than a half season of Cliff Lee gets the Mariners Justin Smoak, Blake Beavan, and whatever else.

:lol: Now you see why I didn't like the Cliff Lee deal

Blue Jays Acquire Yunel Escobar

The Blue Jays acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar and pitcher Jo-Jo Reyes from the Braves for shortstop Alex Gonzalez and minor leaguers Tim Collins and Tyler Pastornicky, according to a team press release. The Jays designated Ronald Uviedo for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.

MLB Trade Rumors

:wub:

Kind of surprised we ended up trading Yunel but oh well. He was terrible in the first half of the season. We also managed to get to Jo-Jo Reyes off the 40-man roster which is awesome.

Blue Jays Acquire Yunel Escobar

MLB Trade Rumors

:wub:

Kind of surprised we ended up trading Yunel but oh well. He was terrible in the first half of the season. We also managed to get to Jo-Jo Reyes off the 40-man roster which is awesome.

I'm also a Jays fan and I'm disappointing that they did this. Gonzalez was very good this season. Yet again Toronto gets ride of a good player...

Braves Interested In Cody Ross

Add Cody Ross to the list of right-handed hitting outfielders the Braves are eyeing. ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports that the Braves are interested in Ross as they look to improve upon their NL-best record in the second half of the season (Twitter link).

The Braves also have interest in Corey Hart, Josh Willingham and Jose Bautista, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Like those outfielders, Ross is under team control through 2011, but unlike them he is not having a career year and he can play center field.

Ross, who earns $4.45MM in 2010, is hitting .282/.332/.415 this year with seven homers. That's respectable production, but the 29-year-old usually shows more power. He has split time between right and center field and appears to be an average defender (according to UZR).

MLBTR

If the Braves are to get someone I'd want Ross simply because we'd overpay for Hart.

Hopefully the Cardinals and Yankees do not get one of Haren/Oswalt, although I am sure at least one of those teams will get one of those guys. Talk about unbeatable rotations...

Hopefully the Cardinals and Yankees do not get one of Haren/Oswalt, although I am sure at least one of those teams will get one of those guys. Talk about unbeatable rotations...

Looks like the Yankees are the front-runners according to Fox Sports.

The Yankees, after getting shut out on Cliff Lee, could be on the verge of trading for a different ace.

While talks remain fluid, there are growing indications that the Yankees are the front-runners for Diamondbacks right-hander Dan Haren.

The defending World Series champions believe they have the necessary pieces to obtain Haren, according to a major-league source.

The Diamondbacks are telling interested clubs that they are in advanced negotiations with one club, though they are not identifying that team, sources say.

I know, that's why I mentioned that.

I actually wouldn't mind them getting Haren. He leads league in hits allowed and is second in HR's allowed. Once you place him in a hitters park like NY you can sit back and watch the fireworks. :lol:

I actually wouldn't mind them getting Haren. He leads league in hits allowed and is second in HR's allowed. Once you place him in a hitters park like NY you can sit back and watch the fireworks. :lol:

He's having a down year, but I still view him as a top six or seven pitcher in the league. And he has an incredibly team friendly contract, and would be under their control for 3 more years.