MLB Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

e Astros offered to pay $12 million of money remaining on Oswalt's contract through next year, according to a source. In return, the Astros would get back left-handed starter J.A. Happ and two prospects, according to sources.

While the Phillies prospects have not been identified, sources said the Astros have pressed hard for first baseman Jonathan Singleton, considered the team's best minor-league hitting prospect. Singleton is currently at Class A Lakewood in the South Atlantic League, where he was hitting .312 with 18 doubles and 12 home runs as of Thursday.

It is now up to Oswalt to decide whether to waive his no-trade clause

Happ, Singleton and one other prospect would be amazing. $12 million is a ridiculous price though but the prospects may be worth it.

Singleton isn't in the deal, apparently. It's going to be Happ, Anthony Gose, and Vance Worley. AND the 2012 option isn't even going to be picked up.

Edited by Phightins

Also, this happened a bit earlier, but Matt Capps traded to Minnesota for Wilson Ramos. The Nationals are going to be disgustingly good in a couple years, [expletive].

Crazy how desperate the Astros appear, they basically just gave away Berkman and Oswalt, 2 franchise players for their organization for years. If I were an Astros fan I'd be very angry.

"Special" Ed Wade is leaving his mark. He is fantastic at drafting and not much else. So at least there is a little hope for the future, I guess.