MLB Trade Deadline Discussion

Phightins

Source confirms #Rangers "coming hard" for Cantu. #Marlins not convinced they should sell. Some in org believe prospect Morrison would adequately replace Cantu. Source says Nunez, Nolasco not getting traded. Uggla, Ross unlikely but not ruled out.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angels get Dan Haren for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez, and a player to be named later.

Trade deadline season is officially upon us.

Edited by Phightins

I'm hoping the Giants pick up an outfield power hitter. Torres has been nice, and Huff has played all over but outfield a lot lately, but I think in the short and long term, having another outfielder would be huge.

Angels get Dan Haren for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez, and a player to be named later.

Trade deadline season is officially upon us.

I'm curious as to who the PTBNL is. Mike Trout?

Anyways, the Angels just stole Dan Haren.

If Trout were in the deal, I think they would have announced it from the get-go. I am thinking it is probably somebody they took in this year's draft. They had a ton of early picks (5 in the top 40 I think). Those guys can't be traded until next year though, so that would make sense.

Mets, Royals discussing possible swap

The Mets and Royals are discussing a trade that would result in an exchange of Mets left-hander Oliver Perez for Royals righty Gil Meche — and possibly more.

The names under discussion, major-league sources say, include outfielder Jeff Francoeur and second baseman Luis Castillo from the Mets and reliever Kyle Farnsworth and outfielder Jose Guillen from the Royals.

Well, if all he cares about is location and getting that 2012 option picked up, I am not sure I want him here anyway.

Jerry Crasnick disagrees with that, though. He says he'd go anywhere (including here) as long as the 2012 option is picked up. More evidence as to why these "insiders" are not to be trusted.

Talks between the Phillies and Astros have intensified in the last day, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark. The clubs have more or less agreed on players - J.A. Happ and prospects would go to Houston - but they can't agree on how much salary the Astros will absorb. Jayson Werth is off the market, so taking on payroll won't be easy for the Phils.

The Fox affiliate in Houston is reporting that it's a done deal, pending Oswalt signing off on it. Kind of fishy though, since they did not mention any of the guys going back to Houston. Also, they are not affiliated with the Astros in any way, so there's no way to tell if it's legitimate. Ken Rosenthal and co. are still looking for confirmation.

The Fox affiliate in Houston is reporting that it's a done deal, pending Oswalt signing off on it. Kind of fishy though, since they did not mention any of the guys going back to Houston. Also, they are not affiliated with the Astros in any way, so there's no way to tell if it's legitimate. Ken Rosenthal and co. are still looking for confirmation.

Yeah, seems REALLY fishy considering Oswalt hasn't waived his NTC and nothing has been sent to the league.

Yeah, seems REALLY fishy considering Oswalt hasn't waived his NTC and nothing has been sent to the league.

Well, it hasn't been sent to the league yet. The rumor just says that an agreement on the players involved has been made.