Change it up

Real Deal

• Owner

This is probably going to be the last time I'm going to say it to some of you.

Change the way you talk to other members. Don't attack them, don't bypass the word filter, don't post in their topics or reply to them to ridicule them.

New members, veteran members, whatever...doesn't matter. Don't do it anymore.

I put OTR up in 2005 to get away from that stuff. Other staff members from my previous site (one that I moderated) were attacking three members, with racist, sexist and obscene statements. I went off on them in an AIM chat, ditched the site, and built OTR from the ground up.

The last thing I will do is let a member (or a group of members) ruin all of it.

So, starting tomorrow, things will change...and it won't be the site. It will be the community.

If I don't see the changes immediately, I will start pulling privileges from individual accounts...including status updates (where you should NOT be talking about other members), post privileges, and even browsing abilities. I promise that I will not think twice, no matter who the member is, and those who are on board will continue on.

It feels like Real has been saying the same thing for about 3 years and people still don't get it. How many of these threads has he posted in the last 2-3 years? Like 10? :lol:

Why do you continue to give these members chances after chances when they have proven over the years they won't change and the community is better without them?

I'm not gonna point any fingers but uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................you guys need to stop.

I feel that I have fulfilled my act of duty on this website as a soldier that has stopped any arguments from continuing and have been a good member to society and I will continue to act like this. Thank you OTR and lets go guys!!!!!!!! muah

• Owner

There's nothing to joke about.

And by the way, for those who don't want to read, I made it very clear to stop attacking members in your status updates. The next time, I'm not going to delete the status...I'm going to hand out a 10-day suspension, and also ban your ability to update your status for three months. Do NOT post about other members in your status updates if you're going to attack/ridicule them.

Mods are advised to just suspend the member for 10 days, then PM me immediately after the suspension is given, and I'll take care of the rest.

I'm not gonna point any fingers but uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................you guys need to stop.

I feel that I have fulfilled my act of duty on this website as a soldier that has stopped any arguments from continuing and have been a good member to society and I will continue to act like this. Thank you OTR and lets go guys!!!!!!!! muah

You're one of the main ones that does what he's talking about.

People need to chill out. They are arguing over the stupidiest stuff. Yes LeBron just did that...so what? Yes Kobe needed Gasol to win and now he's got two in a row. It happened and this is what is happening. I just don't get why everyone is so angry lately especailly Laker and Heat fans fighting when you have the potential of two top teams in 2010.

Puzzles me what people will argue over.

Does being a tough guy on the internet make you feel better about your sad life bruh?

You really need to calm down. You attack everyone on the site and get emotional all the time.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

Does being a tough guy on the internet make you feel better about your sad life bruh?

You really need to calm down. You attack everyone on the site and get emotional all the time.

Well said. No wait, beautifully said, as xx puts it.

The immaturity of some of these members are one of the reasons I left and never really came back. I don't see the point in fighting over the internet, or fighting in general. If you guys don't like what someone said, simply IGNORE him/her. There is absolutely NO reason to attack the member. Maybe he doesn't know basketball, maybe he's completely biased, or maybe he really is stupid...but do not, by all means, make fun of him, talk trash to him, or start an endless argument with him. The two choices are: 1; you leave the stupid idiot alone, or 2; you reply with a kind, knowledgeable, and, most importantly, MATURE post. The fact that you guys all pointed fingers at each other in THIS THREAD is even more immature. I don't know how you put up with all this crap, Brandon...you're a warrior. With such an amazing and dedicated owner, OTR could be one the best basketball-based message boards on the web. What's holding it back is people like you guys, and people like me who don't want to be apart of it.

Edited by Bean Burrito
  • Like 4

Not really.

After a while, yeah I'd say it is.

I remember RD told me this a few months back, if there are members that constantly troll, just perma ban them, don't even consider bringing them back. The bad seeds are the reasons why there are problems in the first place, so get rid of them.

I never had a problem with anyone here, but there are a few posters lately that I just can't stand.

The bad seeds are the reasons why there are problems in the first place, so get rid of them.

I agree. I don't wanna call out any mods at all because I think they do an excellent job 99.9% of the time but its the same people on here who end up ruining things time and time again. I think those posters should start being held accountable more often.

Edited by Flash

After a while, yeah I'd say it is.

I remember RD told me this a few months back, if there are members that constantly troll, just perma ban them, don't even consider bringing them back. The bad seeds are the reasons why there are problems in the first place, so get rid of them.

I never had a problem with anyone here, but there are a few posters lately that I just can't stand.

Agreed, the only reason the few trolls here haven't been banned is because they've been a part of the site for a while.