General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

I've simply come to the conclusion the Sedins aren't great playoff players. Whether they're not built for the playoffs, only have one gear, etc. is debatable. However, I don't think it helped they played Chicago who continually has their number and then the number one shutdown unit in the League after that.

If the Sedins don't show up, San Jose in 6.

Looking more and more like the Thrashers will be in Winnipeg next season. The most interesting part about this is the pending realignment. Columbus moves east? Nashville moves east? Detroit (gasp) moves east?

And the Canucks score three 5-on-3 goals in the span of less than two minutes. Guess all the Canuck fans will pipe down about officiating now.

Brian Rafalski retires. John Buccigross just pointed out that if Nick Lidstrom retires also, that is about $12 mil of cap space for the Red Wings. Wow. Obviously this is before new contracts for current players, but regardless, they will have a ton of money to play with.

Edited by Phightins

And the Canucks score three 5-on-3 goals in the span of less than two minutes. Guess all the Canuck fans will pipe down about officiating now.

Seriously?

The only debatable call was the hook on Mitchell that Sedin may or may not have embellished. However, considering the hooking call that Hamhuis got in the first period where he had one hand on his stick and managed to completely spin Marleau around despite barely touching him, that was a legitimate call.

The other two penalties were completely legit. What is a ref supposed to do? Murray flips the puck over the glass on the penalty kill. Autmatic penalty. Couture plays the puck with Pavelski still on the ice. Too many men, not debatable.

The difference between the 1st and 2nd period was that every call was legit against the Sharks. Maybe you can argue the first call on Mitchell but that is it. The 5 straight penalties that the Canucks had against them in the 1st were all pretty much debatable, aside from the Torres charging call.

Completely different circumstances.

Thrashers officially moving to Winnipeg. Feel awful for the Thrashers fans. Can't even imagine what it would be like to have one of my teams ripped away like that, especially as abruptly as this was.

Edited by Phightins

I've been avoiding posting in here because i'm superstitious, but screw it.

The keys to the series for the Bruins will be:

1. Zdeno Chara against the Sedins

2. Bruins special teams

3. The play of the Bruins second and third pairings.

The Canucks have a lot of talent up front on their first line, and Kesler as well, but after that I like the Bruins forwards a lot more. I hear Canucks fans say all the time that they are the fastest team in the league, but that is flat out false. The Canadiens are a faster team than the Canucks, and the Bruins dealt with their speed decently, but, the Canucks have more offensive firepower.

If the officiating allows for a physical series, the Bruins have a pretty good chance at beating the Canucks. Honestly, Canucks fan have been becoming more and more annoying the past few years with the hype of their teams, and it would be great to see them lose because of that as well.

The Bruins just need to stay out of the box. If they do not do that, this series could be over before you know it. If they stay out of the box, they have a good chance at winning this series.

The Bruins just need to stay out of the box. If they do not do that, this series could be over before you know it. If they stay out of the box, they have a good chance at winning this series.

The Canucks need to stay out of the box too, for the Bruins' sake. :glasses:

I can't say I'm surprised.....

dabearfan101 12:50 am

wats that lebron james [expletive]er video

with that hokcey player

u still ahve it?

Planethockey1 12:50 am

lol

i can find it

linkky plz

Planethockey1 12:50 am

n how dare u say hockey player

u better know his name

lol

hanken somethin right?

haniken

Planethockey1 12:51 am

lol wutttttttt

u serious?

dabearfan101 12:51 am

yes

smh

smh

wow

lol

O-V-E-C-H-K-I-N

yeah i was gonna say that

smh

wuts up primetime

lmao

Planethockey1 12:52 am

im not even gunna talk to u

who doesnt know Ovechkin

like wtffffffffffff

dabearfan101 12:53 am

head the amazin

if its not toews kane i dont caaaaaaaaareeee

Planethockey1 12:53 am

so u dont know Crosby either

smh

dabearfan101 12:53 am

i know niemi

but he broke my heart

Planethockey1 12:55 am

do u know who crosby isd

is*

dabearfan101 12:55 am

sadly yes ; (

• 3 weeks later...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/Picture1-69.png

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,

…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,

………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,

……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\

….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\

…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,

……\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,

…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)

……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.……………/

………|/…/…/~,……-~*,-~*`;……………./.\

……../…/…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*…\

…….|…/…/…/.*`…\………………………)….)¯`~,

…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,…………/….|..)…`~-,

……/./…/…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,—……\…./…../..|………¯“`*~-

……(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\

…….*-,…….`*-,…`~,..“.,,,-*……….|.,*…,*…|……\

……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`…,-*….(`-,…

It was terrible. The jokes they tried to make were absolutely terrible. Seriously, they couldn't find anyone better? :lol: .

"I am frequently asked who my favorite teams are, and I always give the same response: "Yankees, Knicks, Jets and screw hockey." -- Jay Mohr

I think next year they might hire Mike Tyson.