General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

Great move by Kesler to set up Burrows. That is the kind of play offensively that the Canucks have needed from him all season long. He has done a really nice job of shutting down (for the most part) Toews and Kane, but the Canucks definitely need him to contribute offensively, especially with the Sedns being relatively useless whenever they play against Bolland.

Vancouver needs to maintain this energy, though. You knew they would come out guns blazing to start this game but the big thing for them is maintaining the energy level that they played with in the first two games of the season.

PS: Lol at that Luongo save. How shaky did he look there? Canuck fans probably have a heart attack every time a shot is taken at their net with how shaky he has been.

I know I am. I'll just never get rid of it now. He looks horrible.

On the bright side, he did start to settle down a bit in the 2nd half of the first period. That save he made on Toews was the kind of saves that he was making in Games 1 and 2 (didn't see Game 3, but from what I heard he was good then as well). He let out a few rebounds, but for the most part he was controlling them well and when he did let out a few juicy ones, his defense was in a great position to clear them.

But yeah, I can definitely sympathize with you given his history. I know what having a shaky goalie back there can do to a fan from the days of Toskala and Raycroft (and even Giguere and Gustavsson this season were pretty nerve racking to watch).

EDIT: Wow at those stats. I knew that Bolland has shut down the Sedins, but I didn't realize just how badly he has outplayed Henrik this series. 6 points to Henrik's 1 and +6 to Henrik's -7. That is just complete domination.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I absolutely love the officiating in this game. This is how playoff hockey should be played. Call the obvious stuff and let all of the chincy hooks and slashes go. The refs are doing that and as a result, this game has an awesome pace to it. Very entertaining game thus far.

I edited this post because apparently if a player is cut on a boarding call it's an automatic 5 minutes and game misconduct. The hit itself was a 2 minute boarding at most in terms of maliciousness, but apparently it is required to give Lucic five minutes and a misconduct in that case.

The Canadiens no goal was garbage, but this is the one game where I really think the officials sucked, big time. It was a very poorly officiated game.

The worst call by far was the Bergeron interference call where Price wasn't touched, and the Horton "slash" was a poor call too from what I remember, but I need to see that play again.

Anyways, the Bruins need to get their act together and win tomorrow, and I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Caps vs Tampa Bay in round 2. What do you guys think?

I like this match up, a lot more than the Rangers. They have some offensive firepower, but there defense is not as great as NY's. Ovechkin vs TB defense is more comforting than going up against Girardi-Staal. We just gotta stay out of the box, and we should have this series wrapped up in 5 or 6 (I hope).

How the [expletive] is Ferrence getting suspended for his "hit" on Halpern. That is absolutely pathetic.

Nice dive by Subban on the "hit" by Campbell though. The kid is a hell of a player, but he really does need to mature. Stop diving you little bitch, and stop smiling on the bench after knowing you got away with a dive. The kid has all the skill in the world, and is honestly a treat to watch, but he just needs to stop diving. I would love him on the Bruins, and have him paired with Chara.

I also heard Chara had a dive, but I need to see it again, but Bruins fans are saying it was as well.

I have to keep editing my posts before some of you come in here and cry.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

ECN, you are the one that's crying about Subban yet you make it seem like all of us are crying. You say the word diving like four times to prove a point and yet your team has Brad Marchand on it. Captain Double Standards.

Too bad Marchand doesn't dive. You'd have a point if you said Savard, but you have no point in saying Marchand. There's a difference between one or two people on every team diving, versus a team that has over half it's team as divers for decades.

I'm done with the Canadiens talk for now.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I've seen him dive many times in this series. I know you don't understand how you make it seem like Bruins do no wrong and aren't bitches as you like to say but the truth is pretty much all teams do. But of course I'm wrong. Ferrance isn't an asshole, Chara isn't a dirty player, Marchand is a very clean player and Mark Rechhi never opens his mouth.

Honestly so funny.

I've seen him dive many times in this series. I know you don't understand how you make it seem like Bruins do no wrong and aren't bitches as you like to say but the truth is pretty much all teams do. But of course I'm wrong. Ferrance isn't an asshole, Chara isn't a dirty player, Marchand is a very clean player and Mark Rechhi never opens his mouth.

Honestly so funny.

Never said Marahand wasn't clean. I've said he's chippy, so good try on that one. I never said Mark Recchi doesn't open his mouth, so you failed again with that one. How is Ferrence an asshole? It is because he gave the dumbass fans the middle finger? How is Chara dirty? His hit on Pacioretty was not suspendable, so you failed yet again.

You must not have watched much New York Rangers hockey

I've seen my fair share of their games, but I find it near impossible to be worse than the Bruins. They haven't scored ONE PP goal in the first round. They always pass it to the defense, and shoot and get the shot blocked, or the puck gets turned over.

Kaberle is just too obvious as well. He NEVER shoots the puck. If he even shot the puck a little, it would make the opposing teams respect the Bruins PP a little more, and that would give Kaberle even better passing lanes.

Never said Marahand wasn't clean. I've said he's chippy, so good try on that one. I never said Mark Recchi doesn't open his mouth, so you failed again with that one. How is Ferrence an asshole? It is because he gave the dumbass fans the middle finger? How is Chara dirty? His hit on Pacioretty was not suspendable, so you failed yet again.

You missed the entire point and then manage to add some extra stupidity. It's actually amazing rather than sad but can't wait for next years match up.

Germany upset Russia earlier today so hopefully Belarus doesn't do the same. Whole day of hockey again!

I've seen my fair share of their games, but I find it near impossible to be worse than the Bruins. They haven't scored ONE PP goal in the first round.

[expletive] rangers were 1-14, bruins finished 0-12.. safe to say both were horrible haha

[expletive] rangers were 1-14, bruins finished 0-12.. safe to say both were horrible haha

It's not even just the numbers that are frustrating. If you just watch the Bruins PP, you would probably laugh and cry at the same time. They barely get into the zone, and when they do, it takes them 30 seconds to get shot off because they are trying to get shots from the point, which becomes mishandled passes or blocked shots. It's honestly mind-boggling that they have not improved their PP all season long. They reallllllllyyyyy miss Marc Savard in that department.

The first PP unit has Michael Ryder and Mark Recchi on it.......