General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

I wish I could have watched more of the Caps games this playoffs, or more games in general, but it seems like Ovie is taking the steps in the right direction to becoming a complete player, but if he and the Caps choke again, I really don't know where you go from there.

Really excited to watch the Tampa-Washington game tonight as well as Nashville-Vancouver, been missing way too much hockey these playoffs, I might even turn my phone off so I can watch them both uninterrupted lol.

Also, what is the deal with Washington and Tampa having back to back games? Horrible.

I wish I could have watched more of the Caps games this playoffs, or more games in general, but it seems like Ovie is taking the steps in the right direction to becoming a complete player, but if he and the Caps choke again, I really don't know where you go from there.

Fire Boudreau and hire a real coach would be a nice starting point.

Also, what is the deal with Washington and Tampa having back to back games? Horrible.

The arena is booked for a concert or something like that on Thursday and because of some scheduling conflict, they couldn't push the game back to Friday.

According to Darren Dreger of TSN, neither will be a factor for the 2012 Winter Classic, as it appears like the Philadelphia Flyers will host the New York Rangers — but not in the home of the Eagles:

The NHL hasn't officially signed off on the location, largely because of building availability in Philadelphia. The NHL would love to host the outdoor game at Lincoln Financial Field, but the NFL's schedule is making the football stadium virtually impossible, so Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies, will likely be the venue of choice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Excited-about-Rangers-vs-Flyers-Winter-Classic-?urn=nhl-wp4784&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Blam.

If true, my New Years plans have just been made for me.

Flyers and Rangers playing on NBC? No way! I never would have guessed those teams would be playing....

No shit. Same reason the Bruins will get another Winter Classic in the next few years (and Rangers, and Blackhawks, and Red Wings, etc etc).

I'm excited for this series. Vancouver has had solid luck with Niemi and San Jose's awful defense should give the Sedins the rebound they've been looking for, even though Henrik is clearly hurt. These two teams also played one of the best regular season games late in the year with the Canucks winning 5-4 in a shootout.

I have Vancouver in 7.

I'm excited for this series. Vancouver has had solid luck with Niemi and San Jose's awful defense should give the Sedins the rebound they've been looking for, even though Henrik is clearly hurt. These two teams also played one of the best regular season games late in the year with the Canucks winning 5-4 in a shootout.

I have Vancouver in 7.

It'd be good for the Canucks if the Sedins would actually show up for once.