General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

Greiss put on waivers. I personally think he could start somewhere like Detroit and Philly but they have the positions full so it'll be interesting to see if he clears.

I was actually hoping the Flyers could find a way to get Griess before the season started. Not so much anymore, though. Not unless Bob totally falls off the face of the planet.

Got the Pens tonight, not very optimistic, Crosby and Malkin have both been very quiet and are bound to go off soon, hopefully it isn't tonight. Going to need to stay out of the box and take advantage on the PP opportunities.

Hopefully the PK remains effective, we are gonna need to stay out of the box for sure. Excited for this game though, I missed the last one which sucked, such a big gap between games, then no game this Saturday, wtf s that...

Edited by travesy3

I thought Rypien would get like 10-12. Rypien is a no-name player around the league except for being arguably the best P4P fighter in the NHL, and the league would've really liked to make an example of him.

Gillis and the NHLPA must've done a good job turning around Bettman's thoughts. Plus Rypien isn't a repeat offender.

He should have gotten 20+ games. If the fan was actually being aggressive, then fine, give him six games, but the fan didn't TOUCH him at all, and he went after the fan.

Terrible decision by the NHL once again. He should have gotten 20+.

However, if the fan was hurt, he would have gotten a lot more. The NHL suspends on injury, which is just dumb.

He should have gotten 20+ games. If the fan was actually being aggressive, then fine, give him six games, but the fan didn't TOUCH him at all, and he went after the fan.

Terrible decision by the NHL once again. He should have gotten 20+.

However, if the fan was hurt, he would have gotten a lot more. The NHL suspends on injury, which is just dumb.

20+ games is absolutely ridiculous lol. And even I thought he would get 10 games.

The fan clearly said something other then "way to be a professional" to the guy, he provoked him.