MLB Offseason Thread 2010-11

Phightins

That's fuking retarded if we cant make any new threads about baseball and have everything in this one thread

Berkman is done who gives a shiit bout that pickup

Come on dude, I told you to stop bypassing the word filter. We're lenient enough to allow "[expletive]" in the posts, so please don't bypass the filter. You don't have to like it, but you should respect it.

That's fuking retarded if we cant make any new threads about baseball and have everything in this one thread

Berkman is done who gives a shiit bout that pickup

It really isn't. I'm not sure if you were around here a couple years ago when people were making new threads for every trade/signing, but like IllWill said, it was way too messy. It's much more organized this way.

• Like 1

Rasmus, Holliday, and Berkman...?

We have one bad fielding outfielder!

Rasmus and Holliday are stupendous on the UZR scale

Holliday at +8.7

Rasmus at 14.0 in 2009, but -9.0 in 2010 because of his calf injury.

As a Cardinals fan, I'm happy with this move. We have 5 ground ball pitchers in our rotation so I will give up hitting for fielding in this situation.

lol gtfo, I don't need a scale to tell me that Matt Holliday is a liability in RF and Berkman in left is awful for any team unless your in fenway park. Rasmus is going to have a lot of work to do. Given the fact Berkman had a .707 OPS I don't see how they'd use him as an everyday player. I'd expect them more to platoon him, only because he's such a drain on defense, people don't realize what difference great defense makes. Decides a lot of 1 run games.

lol gtfo, I don't need a scale to tell me that Matt Holliday is a liability in RF and Berkman in left is awful for any team unless your in fenway park. Rasmus is going to have a lot of work to do. Given the fact Berkman had a .707 OPS I don't see how they'd use him as an everyday player. I'd expect them more to platoon him, only because he's such a drain on defense, people don't realize what difference great defense makes. Decides a lot of 1 run games.

Berkman will be out of the game before he can cause damage defensively in the later innings.

We did the same thing with Chris Duncan's defensive skills, and BTW most defensive stats proved moving from LF to RF improves your UZR and Range Factor so I have the most confidence in Holliday.

Berkman won't have a .707 OPS next year either for 3 reasons...

a. He knows NL pitching

b. He is finally HEALTHY

c. He is working with one of the best hitting coaches in baseball

I think B is all that matters, Berkman is a consummate pro.

Yeah, I'm guessing as STATCity is a Yankee fan, and he saw Berkman's absolute WORST of his career. Let us not forget he was...

Adjusting to AL pitching

Being based in a different city for the first time in his LIFE

Playing injured

I'm looking for a Vlad Guerrero (hitting-wise) bounce back year...

Berkman will be out of the game before he can cause damage defensively in the later innings.

We did the same thing with Chris Duncan's defensive skills, and BTW most defensive stats proved moving from LF to RF improves your UZR and Range Factor so I have the most confidence in Holliday.

Berkman won't have a .707 OPS next year either for 3 reasons...

a. He knows NL pitching

b. He is finally HEALTHY

c. He is working with one of the best hitting coaches in baseball

So he can't cause damage during the early innings? I understand what the Cardinals are doing, they want his bat and are willing to sacrifice the defense, but he is a tremendous liability no matter how long he is playing the outfield.

Yeah, I'm guessing as STATCity is a Yankee fan, and he saw Berkman's absolute WORST of his career. Let us not forget he was...

Adjusting to AL pitching

Being based in a different city for the first time in his LIFE

Playing injured

I'm looking for a Vlad Guerrero (hitting-wise) bounce back year...

He was having an awful year in the NL before he went to the AL as well. Even if he does post an .800 ops do you still want him out in LF?

Jayson Werth is close to signing with the Nationals.

My heart was just ripped out of my chest.

@Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Sources: Werth to #Nationals confirmed. #MLB

5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

:o :o :o :o

He is getting 7 years and $126 million. Congrats to him. I am going to miss him, but he can't be blamed for taking the $$$. Doesn't make it hurt any less though :(.

Holy, the Nationals are crazy lol...He'll be 39 at the end of this deal, sad what they have to do to get a big name to go there...

Holy, the Nationals are crazy lol...He'll be 39 at the end of this deal, sad what they have to do to get a big name to go there...

They are crazy, agreed. But I kind of get it. Kind of. I get it more coming from them than I would have from the Phillies or Red Sox. Young team, developing a pretty sweet core from within, felt they needed to make a "splash". Either way, it will be fun to see this contract cripple them 5 or 6 years down the road when they are actually a good team. Something you and I can both agree on.

He was having an awful year in the NL before he went to the AL as well. Even if he does post an .800 ops do you still want him out in LF?

Did you read the part about being healthy haha?

Did you read the part about being healthy haha?

Did you read the post about him having an awful year last year

and being 35, even if he is healthy do you expect him to stay healthy?

Edited by STATCity

Did you read the post about him having an awful year last year

and being 35, even if he is healthy do you expect him to stay healthy?

Yeah, I fully expect him to hit at least .280 with 25+Hr's and 85+ RBI's...